• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reminder: Carry at home

"It is better to have it and not need it, yada, yada, yada…"
100% totally agree. There's already 1 long gun and 1 handgun "extra" not in the safe. It's more a question of getting over my (and Lady Radtekk's) Massification than anything else. And as of Monday Lady Radtekk will be unemployed and home for the next several months if not forever, so it's kinda fluid.

I've always carried at home, my wife was just kidding me yesterday, until I showed her the vid of the home invasion. Also have my Shockwave stashed for easy access.

Always armed. If it's not on me it's within easy reach. By that I mean at my side on the end table when I'm watching TV. I'm not gonna be running to another room.

Funny, I just was looking at this thread when my car alarm started going off while my car was in the garage. Our garage is attached, under the house.

That's enough to make your hair stand on end. I still don't know why the alarm started going off. But nobody was in the garage or the basement.

Funny, I just was looking at this thread when my car alarm started going off while my car was in the garage. Our garage is attached, under the house.

That's enough to make your hair stand on end. I still don't know why the alarm started going off. But nobody was in the garage or the basement.
Where was the key fob? I've had that happen when reaching into my pocket and hitting the button. Jack.

Where was the key fob? I've had that happen when reaching into my pocket and hitting the button. Jack.
I was on the range one time by myself shooting from prone and all of a sudden my truck started up behind me!
WTF and Oh Sh!t in about half a second!
Turns out I was laying on my key fob just right for the remote start to activate.
For a brief moment I thought it was go time!

"Detective said a naughty word - CASE CLOSED"

Update: The accused was convicted.

Essex County Assistant Prosecutor Jamel Semper takes questions from the media after Shawn Custis, 45 of Newark, was sentenced to life in prison plus 5 years for the beating of a Millburn woman which was recorded on a “nanny-cam. "Newark, NJ. 6/29/2016 (Robert Sciarrino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)

Posted to YouTube on Jun 29, 2016, by NJ.com

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShVtyavkbV8

I never carry at home. No matter where I am in the house, there's a heater within reach. Megan has been trained to "Don't touch. Tell an adult". She leaves the guns alone and plays with empty mags, her favorite toys. Jack.

I remember from a VERY young age my Dad told me, "Anytime you want to see one of my guns, just ask and I'll show you. We'll go shooting too. But if I EVER catch you touching one without permission you'll get it!" I never crossed that line and occasionally asked about his guns and could check them out with his supervision. I passed along the same rules to my kids, and one day one of them grabbed me to show me a gun he found but wouldn't touch. It was a very realistic looking pellet pistol, so good job son.

I usually carry around the house. I've mentioned that we've had a huge bear pushing his nose against the screen door. It was nice to have backup in case the bear got pissy about being shoo'ed away like the squirrels on the bird feeder. I think he could smell that it was a 45 and not a 9mm, so he left with little grumbling. Probably would have been embarrassed to tell his friends he walked away from a 9mm.

With staying at home a prescription for battling the Kung Fu show us your pajama carry

No pajamas at Casa de Mountain. We sleep in our boxers but we do carry...

giphy.gif

Firearms in my house will be on my person or in the safe. I haven't found a great carry option for pajamas, so I will have to rely on OC spray for now. I did move the OC spray from my vehicles into the house though.

Firearms in my house will be on my person or in the safe. I haven't found a great carry option for pajamas, so I will have to rely on OC spray for now. I did move the OC spray from my vehicles into the house though.
Shitcan the spray and keep the heater on the night stand like the rest of us do. Jack.

I never carry at home. No matter where I am in the house, there's a heater within reach. Megan has been trained to "Don't touch. Tell an adult". She leaves the guns alone and plays with empty mags, her favorite toys. Jack.
Does Megan know the phrase," I'm not talking without a lawyer"?

A pocket .380 goes just fine in the pocket of pajamas. Inside a pocket holster, of course.

Not in the headlines is the discharge of the officers pistol.

Melrose Police Arrest Man Following Attempted Break-in and Vehicle Pursuit
April 9, 2020 by Kelsey Bode

MELROSE — Chief Michael Lyle reports that the Melrose Police Department arrested a man today after he allegedly attempted to break into a home and nearly struck an officer with a car as he fled the scene, causing the officer to discharge his firearm.

GREGORY MAITRE, AGE 25, of SALEM, has been charged with:
  • Attempt to Commit Crime/ Breaking and Entering Daytime
  • Trespass
  • Unlicensed Operation of Motor Vehicle
  • Assault with a Dangerous Weapon
  • Assault to Murder
  • Negligent Operation of a Motor Vehicle
  • Reckless Operation of a Motor Vehicle
On Thursday at approximately 9:10 a.m. a Melrose Officer responded to a Forest Street residence for a report of an attempted break-in in progress. A verbal exchange was had between a resident and the suspect at the scene before the suspect fled.

While en route, police were informed that the suspect, MAITRE, had fled the scene down Hopkins Street in a white sedan. Responding officers were driving southbound on Lebanon Street when the suspect, MAITRE, allegedly drove toward them as he fled northbound on Lebanon Street and swerved toward their vehicle before turning onto Sylvan Street.

Police entered into a vehicle pursuit, and while the sedan was driving on Sylvan Street a member of the department working a detail was nearly struck by the vehicle as he attempted to block the roadway with his personal vehicle. The officer discharged three rounds from his firearm in an attempt to defend himself. Nobody was struck by the rounds the officer fired, and he ultimately was forced to jump out of the way of the oncoming vehicle

Ha. Jack, the key fob was/is in my pocket and my laptop is on top of the key fob along with a Kahr P380 (in a pocket holster) in the same pocket. Something must have pushed the panic button on teh fob.

I superglued the panic buttons on both my F-150 fobs so they can never be pressed. I can't tell you how many times I'd be carrying a box or something and it would hit that stupid button with the fob in my pocket.

Officer, my key fob just went off on its own!

Back
Top Bottom