Remington Arms will not support us!

They want us to contact our lawmakers. No more remington products for me! They are getting hammered on their facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/remingtonarmscompany?fref=ts

For nearly 200 years, Remington Arms has been at the side of the American hunter and shooter as well as our nation’s great military personnel and law enforcement officers. Today, we supply tens of millions of law-abiding Americans with the products they need for hunting, recreational shooting and home defense. From duck blinds to deer stands, from the range to home, we have long been a part of American life.
Alarmingly, this way of life is now under attack.
As the discussion of gun control and firearms ownership continues to play out on televisions, at water coolers and in living rooms around the country, important facts are being left out and the voices of some 100 million gun owners silenced. Please, make your voice heard today.
Tell your elected officials that in the fight against crime, focusing attention on law-abiding citizens and constitutionally protected products is neither a solution nor an option.
Here’s how you can help!
Step 1: Become a gun rights ADVOCATE: Click here to send a prepared email to your elected officials.
Step 2: Become a gun rights AMBASSADOR: Share this email with your friends and family. Urge them to stand up to those attempting to curtail our Right to Keep and Bear Arms

None of the big companies will come out and say it. Are you surprised?

Remington is doing the same thing S&W did and also Ruger.

We need to force them to pick a side, no more pussy footing around either youre with us or your against us.

they know that their position in the market is secure. therefore they are not compelled to join the good fight.
not very large portion of their revenue is civilian market we can boycott them all we want and they still will do just fine feeding off .gov and fudd markets.
it's not like they are on cutting edge of modern firearm innovations. moreover they've gone to crap in the past few years.

Last edited:
First, it seems like good advice to me. Second, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes at Remington. I'd say let's see if they pull out of Ilion. That will be a better indicator of where they are at.

This is going to be a long hard fight and we don't really know who our friends are yet. I'm not one to make predictions but I do study history and I can tell you that in any struggle some will sell out even on this Forum. Benedict Armold was one of our greatest generals yet tiurned into one of out greatest traitors. Don't let your anger get the best of you. Our enemy is crafty. Prepare for a long campaign. This is only the beginning and it is too early to jump to any conclusions.

Last edited:
There's no "well maybe they" or "well they really couldn't" or "but they were maybe"....no. No excuses, you're on our side, or we are boycotting you until your only business is Gov and Leo and the occasional fudd that is clueless.

Want to lose a 1/3 of your business? Pick the wrong side on purpose or by default, and you'll lose it overnight. They better shape up, or start cutting staff.

Official, boycott remington ammo and guns.

It is not feasible for an operation the size of S&W or Remington to just up and leave a state - if they said it everyone would know they are bluffing.

And S&W lost a lot of business and were boycotted when the capitulated to the Clinton administration on the hopes of securing .gov contracts.

Remember the gun companies were caught off guard just as much as we were by SH. I'm guessing they are evaluating their positions. Much. easier for the minor companies esp. the ones not publicly traded. Gun companies are first and foremost in business to make money not guns, something else to consider. You may like their products and identify with them but none of them are your friends anymore than the police are (not talking about some of the little companies but the majors)

It is not feasible for an operation the size of S&W or Remington to just up and leave a state - if they said it everyone would know they are bluffing.

i personally dont want them to leave, but i do want them to grow a damn back bone and tell the gov "uhh your people are really pissed about us selling to you, like...all of them...so until things are revised buy elsewhere"

bunch of pussies they are!

And S&W lost a lot of business and were boycotted when the capitulated to the Clinton administration on the hopes of securing .gov contracts.

Remember the gun companies were caught off guard just as much as we were by SH. I'm guessing they are evaluating their positions. Much. easier for the minor companies esp. the ones not publicly traded. Gun companies are first and foremost in business to make money not guns, something else to consider. You may like their products and identify with them but none of them are your friends anymore than the police are (not talking about some of the little companies but the majors)

That's why we should remind them of what happened to S&W in 2000. We did it once, we brought S&W to their knees and got them taken over by someone who wouldn't bow to .gov pressure, we can do it again.

Pick one company that has gone to the other side, and make an example of them. So far only Armalite (maybe Glock as well) has gone to the other side. None of the others have officially gone. Most seem to be trying to remain neutral. Remington seems to be trying to remain neutral but are sucking with words.

I do not expect Remington to tell the Military to go F themselves and blow 180 mil contract. Loosing 2/3s of there business to then move the biggest plant they have to another state would be suicide. Boycotting them may hurt them but not as bad as what some of you are asking them to do.

I am in the market for a bolt-action rifle, I feel like I need to hold out and see which companies are with us and which are against us. I have been looking at a Winchester model 70, has Winchester said anything stupid?

I'm pretty sure S&W has no Federal Contracts right now. Are you willing to boycott them because they make Mass. Compliant models? They are complying with the anti-gun regulations of a gun hating state. What major firearms maker has told the .gov to pound sand?

- - - Updated - - -

**** you Remington. Only thing I ever bought from you is ammo. Federal wouldn't turn into redcoats. GFY

ATK has way too many Fed Contracts to say anything - they run Lake City for the Government for christs sake.

I am in the market for a bolt-action rifle, I feel like I need to hold out and see which companies are with us and which are against us. I have been looking at a Winchester model 70, has Winchester said anything stupid?

I've been looking at Rem 700 varmint vs. Savage 10FP .. have to see where Savage stands as well. Probably they are big enough companies they could care less what I do, but I can still vote with my money.

S&W is a publicly traded company, in many ways they cannot simply make a statement of support, they could get sued by their stock holders if they damage the stock pricing. Ruger is in a similar situation. If you want to direct policy at either company, I suggest you buy stock and vote.

What am I missing here? Remington staed a concern, asks us to contact lawmakers and talks about the future of firearms in the US. What a**h***s.

Not feasible?? For a company to pack up and move from a state??... Gillette (Proctor & Gamble)....Fidelity (moved most of it's operations from Mass)....Nearly every manufacturing company in Mass.....Help me out here guys and gals with a longer list

I do not expect Remington to tell the Military to go F themselves and blow 180 mil contract. Loosing 2/3s of there business to then move the biggest plant they have to another state would be suicide. Boycotting them may hurt them but not as bad as what some of you are asking them to do.

How can you boycott their products when the only things you find are the stupid accessories they make? There isn't enough ammo or guns out there to hurt them by boycotting them.

Ok so there is 100 million or so gun owners. Where are they all. Last I checked nra still only had less than 5 mil members.
Here in mass goal only has 15k members. This seems low to me. Remington has been around a while and I'm sure they will be still. Like them or not. I don't think a ban will do jack shit to Remington.
Companies will go where the money is at for them period. After all we are a capitalist republic......ain't we

It's great that some companies have supported our position. Unfortunately none of the big companies are standing with us. Not unexpected though. They are sitting on the fence and are in no big hurry to get off of it anytime soon. Guess they think they'll survive just like S&W and Ruger after their big blow up.

What am I missing here? Remington staed a concern, asks us to contact lawmakers and talks about the future of firearms in the US. What a**h***s.

I just skimmed it and didn't fimd anything bad. Just a genwric call to action. If they have stopped talking relocation then it was probably a bluff, looks to me too early to call them collaborators.

No more new remingtons for me and unfortunitely I purchased 2 within the last 6 months.[angry]

Back
Top Bottom