• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington "golden" 22's

What type of powder does Remington use in their 22 shells? It seems like they "crud" up my revolver quite fast.

I'm done with Remington .22 ammo. It is the dirtiest crap....a few months ago I shot through a brick of Thunderbolts and it was like getting tar out of my guns. Yesterday, I tried out ~100 rounds of bulk Golden Bullets through my T\C Silver Lynx...afterward the gun was a total mess, so bad I had to do a complete break down to get it right.

I'm "biting the bullet" on cost and sticking with higher quality bulk ammo like CCI Blazers

Remington "Thunderbolt" ammo is bargain basement stuff had a case rupture once with it scared the s%$ out of me thought the gun exploded. The bulk packed Remington and Federal from Walmart is pretty good for the price.

The bulk packed Remington and Federal from Walmart is pretty good for the price.
Wally-Mart is where I've been picking up my ammo mostly the Federal bulk at $12/550 its clean and has done the job....Well this is, until I tried quality ammo, accuracy was so improved with the CCI(Minimags) rounds I decided that I'm spending the extra money, $21/550 for CCI Blazers to shoot in all my .22s.

The Federal bulk is tops among the discount stuff. Then the Remington. The Winchester is the worst.

Back
Top Bottom