Remington Golden Bullet 36g HP

For those of you that are still with me, and even dared to click on this thread after reading the title, thank you! I came across a Bucket O' Bullets[rolleyes] at Dick's this morning while I was picking up some .223 (got their before their doors had opened). Without using cuss words, what can I expect from this ammo? I've read mixed reviews, and of all the bad ones, it seems that "powder inconsistency" is the most frequent gripe about it. I paid $40 for 1400 rounds (courtesy of my Scorecard Points), and even if only half of them fire accurately, I feel like that's a win with today's ammo availability.

At the very least, I got a nice bucket for the beach. [smile] At the best, 1400 rounds of .22!

I bought them in 550 boxes from WM back when they actually stocked ammo.

Never had any real problems in our 10/22s, AA Glock or Ciener Conversion kits.

I've read others' complaints. We should all know that .22 guns are very finicky.

Just bought a box of 525 for about $25 yesterday. Haven't shot it out of my sr22 yet. Hoping to have no issues..........

I just got some 22 semiautos (revolver and bolt before) and find the golden bullets pretty good but inconsistent when judged by the loudness of the report.

They testing so far

10/22 eats everything (golden bullet, cci standard, agila (sp) super velocity)

Marlin 60 ( a 1979 model I got for $65 , 18 round capacity) golden bullet great; cci standard/ agila FTF

Beretta tomcat cci mini mags, some failure to fire (it's DA so I just pull the trigger again) cycles fine
Golden bullet works great
Cci standard. FTF
Agila FTE

Looks like the revolver may be shooting the cci standards.

For those of you that are still with me, and even dared to click on this thread after reading the title, thank you! I came across a Bucket O' Bullets[rolleyes] at Dick's this morning while I was picking up some .223 (got their before their doors had opened). Without using cuss words, what can I expect from this ammo? I've read mixed reviews, and of all the bad ones, it seems that "powder inconsistency" is the most frequent gripe about it. I paid $40 for 1400 rounds (courtesy of my Scorecard Points), and even if only half of them fire accurately, I feel like that's a win with today's ammo availability.

At the very least, I got a nice bucket for the beach. [smile] At the best, 1400 rounds of .22!

Depends on what you are putting them through. I use the rem golden bullet in my lever action with no problems.......22 revolvers no problems........semi auto i'm sure your results may varry.

The Rem Golden Bullets work fine in some firearms. My only complaint is the excessive wax/lube on them.

My Rem 513T bolt action shoots the crappy Rem Thunderbolts great! 1st time using the ammo - iron peeps @ 50 yds - 9 of 10 shots go into 3/8" hole and the last one was a flier! LOL. Buddy of mine gave me a brick of them. He hates Remington Rimfire anything. I will shoot whatever I have.

Back
Top Bottom