• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington Golden Bullet & CCI Mini Mags

Hey Guys,

I'm new to shooting and just recently purchased a Glock 34 for myself that I want to eventually use for IDPA and USPSA. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with the Advantage Arms .22 Conversion Kits. I want to be able to practice with my pistol on the cheap but i'm not sure about the availability of Golden Bullet and CCI Mini Mags in the MA area. Does anybody know of any stores near the Waltham area that sell this specific ammo? I don't want to buy the conversion kit if it's going to be difficult to obtain the required ammo.

Thanks,

Dicks has Golden Bullets on a pretty regular basis. You're still going to hit dry spells on .22, since the panic isn't quite over. If you get lucky and Dicks has the 1,200 round buckets in stock, that should tide you over for a while.

Cabela's sometimes has Mini Mags and they're close to you. Use the Ebay gift card deal to get the price down to reasonable. Or drive to Hooksett, Rileys and Shooters typically have them for $7 per 100.

I was going to badmouth the conversion, but it's not terribly expensive. I don't have any experience with them, though.

I do however have experience with the Golden Bullets and they're on my no-buy list. Even during the drought I wouldn't buy them. They were crap in everything I have except for my wheel gun, which I bought specifically to use up my stock of Golden Bullet.

A friend of mine bought an ISSC .22 which is shaped like a Glock and I believe intended to be a Glock trainer. The biggest difference IIRC is that it has a safety and possibly a hammer vs striker. It sucked and I don't recommend getting one.

Personally I'd just get a dedicated .22 because moar gunz.

I was going to badmouth the conversion, but it's not terribly expensive. I don't have any experience with them, though.

I do however have experience with the Golden Bullets and they're on my no-buy list. Even during the drought I wouldn't buy them. They were crap in everything I have except for my wheel gun, which I bought specifically to use up my stock of Golden Bullet.

A friend of mine bought an ISSC .22 which is shaped like a Glock and I believe intended to be a Glock trainer. The biggest difference IIRC is that it has a safety and possibly a hammer vs striker. It sucked and I don't recommend getting one.

Personally I'd just get a dedicated .22 because moar gunz.
From my experience in the Advantage Arms glock kit (I have the 19/23 one) the golden bullets work just fine.

Math: If CCI is 7c per round and 9mm is 25c per round you save 18c per round. To offset a $265 conversion you'd have to shoot almost 1500 rounds. If you reloaded you could get the price down closer to 12-15c per round making that more than 5,000 rounds. Of course that doesn't include the reloading equipment. Just food for thought.

Back
Top Bottom