Remove pinned brake Southern NH

Another vote for Anthony Spinelli at State Line. Pro shooter, does some of the finest muzzle device welds I’ve seen. They’re just noticeable enough so you don‘t get questioned about whether they’ve been pinned/welded and he does that intentionally.

From what I've heard, they're very effective, but after a short time, the effect on the guys in the lanes next to you is such that they wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.
welcome to muzzle brakes. Also why I don't shoot indoors or in close proximity to others.

Is it just me or does it look just like a shitty weld on the crush washer??

I’ve only seen a few welded muzzles, all look like a small weld on the actual device, away from crush washer. Maybe it’s just the picture???

Here’s my 14.5” barrel
View attachment 734144

If you’re now in America, just replace barrel or upper and sell welded one to some poor sucker behind the iron curtain.
Whose work?

@sschevy Can I drop off an upper for gas block/ tube , handguard Mount and pin weld ?
Hours? Thanks

I actually am interested in this too. For my case, I am temporarily relocated, so I have no space or tools to remove the brake. Is there any good gun smith near Salem, NH for recommendation?
A cordless dremel and holding upper between your knees is all you need to get a brake off , if its soldered on maybe a map gas torch.

silver solder is but its not just going to flow out when melted with a propane torch like he described.
Get it to 1200’ F it flows pretty well but its not going to come out as well as it flowed in for sure,
Although once hot enough to melt 1100 ish degrees the brake should spin off with relative ease

It was a super flat shooter but my neighbors in the booths besides me hated me.
Mind sending me a PM with your neighbors' contact info? I'm shopping for a new purse and they sound like just the right guys to tell me if I find the right one to match my shoes.

On a serious note- it isn't that difficult to grind past the weld so that the pin falls out or at least can be picked out.

I had one exactly pinned on to a Tavor I bought in MA. I just dremmed with a conical shaped bit for a minute or two on the weld or sodder that was used. Saw the shiny pin that I groud the top a little off of. The pin must have been a little undersized because it came out with a magnet.

Northeast Arms did a good job on my upper.
Haven’t had time to do it and had to do a transfer anyway so had Steve do it. Rosco 14.5 barrel, BCM 13 inch handguard, Aero upper, gas block, spikes SS tube and a VG6 Brake
👍

Attachments

• C961755A-7B2E-4129-9CF9-C5DB84B4AE01.jpeg
    C961755A-7B2E-4129-9CF9-C5DB84B4AE01.jpeg
    523.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 5C4B40D6-44D4-4876-A19B-476708291FAD.jpeg
    5C4B40D6-44D4-4876-A19B-476708291FAD.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 16
If you want to drop it off at second amendment in Derry on Rt 28 I can pick it up the end of this week and drop it back off Tuesday for you….. unpinned of course
Any relationship with 2nd Amendment LLC that used to be in the plaza near the junction of rts 111 and 28 ? Bought a few guns from them, great people to deal with. To my understanding the owner retired and ended the business, this is why i'm curious..

Any relationship with 2nd Amendment LLC that used to be in the plaza near the junction of rts 111 and 28 ? Bought a few guns from them, great people to deal with. To my understanding the owner retired and ended the business, this is why i'm curious..
Yes, he relocated to Derry. Was Second Amendment Arms but now Second Amendment Outdoors because Mike expanded into archery and fishing.

Back
Top Bottom