Remsport 1911 frame slide and barrel

Got all the parts and Ron as sportsmans den did a hell of a job putting things together. The slide frame and barrel is Remsport.

Remsport1911.jpg

It was a extra setup Ron had so saved me money on parts Cylinder & Slide 1911 Auto Safety Fast Shooting . It allows you to lower the hammer which actives the safety and when you sweep the safety off the hammer swings back into condition one and your ready to fire. Nice setup I like it.

http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip.aspx?key=D0A593F89E84FF7C

Video on it see above.

Last edited:
Sorry for the poor pic quality. Here is my officer side on a commander frame - parts from Remsport - this will be my bed side table gun. Got a few more things to add and improve, but its about 95% done - gotta get a laser/light for it. Fitting and finishing by me. KG GunKote is pretty easy if you pay attention to surface prep, and no, apparently you do not NEED a blasting cabinet.

Big ups to John at Remsport. I am about to start another project with parts supplied by Rempsport - a 6" long slide 1911 in 45.

RSOfficer.jpg

Last edited:
Big ups to John at Remsport. I am about to start another project with parts supplied by Rempsport - a 6" long slide 1911 in 45.

I think I'm pretty strongly a Remsport junkie at this point. I'm pretty awful at building (I've actually been *gasp* dremell-ing the CCO-style I'm working on now) but there's something really fun about 1911s. I think my next gun purchase may be a Officer's slide/frame (which I'd then have them build) but eventually, the $$$$ piles up.

EDIT: How do you mount a light without a slot on that rail?

EDIT2: We really need a "custom 1911s are really great" thread where we can help each other not spend money on more custom 1911s. And convert those people who have never had one.

Last edited:
If you guys don't mind my asking what does it cost "roughly" to build one of these? I've been looking at one of these and thought about it but wasn't sure if it was cost effective or if I should just buy a finished 1911

If you guys don't mind my asking what does it cost "roughly" to build one of these? I've been looking at one of these and thought about it but wasn't sure if it was cost effective or if I should just buy a finished 1911

It's not cost-effective. I'd say a build costs $1100 in parts and basic tools, given above-average parts (but not super-high-end parts).. I'd say you could get it down to $800 or $900 if you're very smart and good at spotting deals (or already have all the tools). I'm not smart or good at finding deals. I break things, and like expensive stuff.

My current build is basically a buying spree on Brownells (and Remsport), and I've spent around 1500$, by buying only the greatest stuff I can find. But it happened in increments, so I didn't notice until my budget didn't balance much later.

Having a gunsmith or Remsport build it for you seems to be about $1500 and up (way up!), depending on who/what/where.

Not cost effective... but I find it very hard to buy a factory 1911 now that I've done it.

EDIT: I dyslexia-ed some words.

Last edited:
It's not cost-effective. I'd say a build costs $1100 in parts and more in tools, given above-average parts (but not super-high-end parts).. I'd say you could get it down to $800 or $900 if you're very smart and good at spotting deals (or already have all the tools). I'm not smart or good at finding deals. I break things, and like expensive stuff.

My current build is basically a buying spree on Brownells (and Remsport), and I've spent around 1500$, by buying only the greatest stuff I can find. But it happened in increments, so I didn't notice until my budget didn't balance much later.

Having a gunsmith or Remsport build it for you seems to be about $1500 and up (way up!), depending on who/what/where.

Not cost effective... but I find it very hard to buy a factory 1911 now that I've done it.

[shocked] Wow. Well I figure myself or my father could assemble this no problem, but I was unaware to the cost of all the parts for the gun. maybe I'll just buy a finished on [laugh]

[shocked] Wow. Well I figure myself or my father could assemble this no problem, but I was unaware to the cost of all the parts for the gun. maybe I'll just buy a finished on [laugh]

If you know what you're doing, it could be less. I've seen people do it for $500 or $600, but I don't know how.

EDIT: My reply above should have included tools in my cost estimate.

Last edited:
It can be done for 500-700 if you are shrewed and are willing to buy parts in the rough that need a lot of shaping and polishing, as stated. Or just buy junk materials to start with - it will work, not sure for how long, and I wouldn't trust my life on it.

When buying parts, I would argue that only a few of the key parts need to be of super high-quality for reliability, robustness and tuning, (slide, frame, sear, disconnecter, bushing, barrel and a few others) the rest can be obtained cheaply if you look around. Even the hammer can be obtained cheaply - and you make it great with some tools and patience - square off the forks, cut them down to .020 (or less if you are gutsy and are not concerned about safety) and you can take a GI surplus hammer and give it a clean, crisp let off. Polish all the internals, cut the sear nose how you want it, play with the sear spring - and you can make a super light, crisp, short reset, limited take up trigger. What does 'match' quality mean when applied to firing pin stop, MSH, guide rod or magazine release anyway?

All that being said, building your own 1911 will probably run over 1000 all things being equal - more if you want it sent off for finishing beyond gunkote or duracoat - unless you can muster hot bluing in which case let me know :). But then you get the satisfaction of building it yourself - you'll learn a ton, have something to talk about at the range, and make it exactly to your spec for whatever purpose you want.

Last edited:
I have had fun building mine. I still need a few parts but all the major fitting and filing are done. It is not cheap, but well worth it.

They make mounted lights that don't need the cross notch. I believe InSight makes one.

Henchmen.. looking good man.. nice to see it finished. I wish I could have kept it and finished it.. Have fun and enjoy it man!! By the way I haven't even put a scope on that Savage yet.. lol

Its okay I have not had time to get the 1911 to the range, I am aiming for wednesday my day off. If you need a scope I get dealer price with midwayusa.com if you see something on the site email me and I will give you dealer cost on it.

I love the polished look on yours, Hench. Really classic.

mine is all done... reverse two tone Resmport officer slide on commander frame with rail and 25lpi checkered front strap. GI style hammer, 1911A1 short trigger, the grip safety started life as a GI duck tail (I cut it down to what you see now by hand using swiss files and sand paper), GI thumb safety, 1911A1 style arched/serrated main spring housing with lanyard loop. Novak low mount rear site, tritium night front site. Bull officer barrel, 2 piece full length guide rod. Ultra slim alumagrips. I had John at Remsport blacken the slide, but it got roughed up doing my tinkering, so I ended up stripping it and using K-Phos and flat black Gun Kote to coat the slide (I am particularly happy with the two tone effect on the under side of the slide), the trigger, all the controls, safeties and MSH. Everything matches and looks nice and neat - the pics do not do it justice. The slide runs the rails like glass and the trigger is crisp and clean. I am going to take it to the range soon and christen it properly.

Officer1911_closed.jpg

Thanks I like the black grips on yours.

I love the polished look on yours, Hench. Really classic.

mine is all done... reverse two tone Resmport officer slide on commander frame with rail and 25lpi checkered front strap. GI style hammer, 1911A1 short trigger, the grip safety started life as a GI duck tail (I cut it down to what you see now by hand using swiss files and sand paper), GI thumb safety, 1911A1 style arched/serrated main spring housing with lanyard loop. Novak low mount rear site, tritium night front site. Bull officer barrel, 2 piece full length guide rod. Ultra slim alumagrips. I had John at Remsport blacken the slide, but it got roughed up doing my tinkering, so I ended up stripping it and using K-Phos and flat black Gun Kote to coat the slide (I am particularly happy with the two tone effect on the under side of the slide), the trigger, all the controls, safeties and MSH. Everything matches and looks nice and neat - the pics do not do it justice. The slide runs the rails like glass and the trigger is crisp and clean. I am going to take it to the range soon and christen it properly.

Officer1911_closed.jpg

Thanks I like the black grips on yours.

Indeed. What do you think of the thin-grip shoot-ability? I've got a pair for the CCO style I'm building, but am not at the point where I've mounted them. I'm thinking of getting a wooden thin-grip pair for an Officer's I may commission.

They work pretty well for my small hands. This is the first 1911 with an arched MSH (my other 1911s are all flat) - I think I may be converted now.

Back
Top Bottom