• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

renewal emails from NRA

Hi All,

I have been getting these emails from NRA's Wayne LaPierre stating that they need my support "But your membership is not current"

Which is not true, my membership is not expiring for another 7 months! Furthermore, the email states that I can renew for just $25, yet when I click the link it only gives me a $33 option.

Anyone else is getting these emails?

I haven't received any emails ever. I do get tons of letters in the mail but they do that to get more funding for the current gun debate battle. You don't need to renew but it will help

I have 2 years left in my membership and I'm getting junk mail asking me to renew and they call me once every 2 weeks. If I'm feeling jaunty, I answer and tell them what it's like to be a gun owner in MA and WTF isn't the NRA doing anything here. That seems to put them off for 2 months instead of 2 weeks.

Well, it's one thing to ask for more money (which NRA is being very abusive about), another thing is to say things that are simply not true to make people renew. I have been getting the same emails from spammer trying to get me to believe my domains are expiring and I need to renew with them for low money now. Not adding to the image...

Considering how crucial they have become in the War against gun grabbers I will tolerate their annoying emails and mailings.

I grabbed the $300.00 lifetime membership a couple months ago and I still get daily emails and weekly snail mails asking for money. Unsurprising, really, because the whole point of the NRA these days is to buy more votes than the other guys.

I grabbed the $300.00 lifetime membership a couple months ago and I still get daily emails and weekly snail mails asking for money. Unsurprising, really, because the whole point of the NRA these days is to buy more votes than the other guys.

Politicians cost money.

I get the same boatload of email/direct mail shit as well. It always makes me think about how much good could be done with the resources that are being used to generate the reams of paper, envelopes, and postage that are being wasted.

Last edited:
I grabbed the $300.00 lifetime membership.

Did that a decade ago when I realized how much it would save me in the long run.

They send me some of the ILA stuff, but not that much anymore and no worry about membership ever expiring.

Everybody wants their money early. Look at periodicals, they start asking for your renewal $$ 6-8 months before expiration.

Oh, and once you're an NRA life member, they continue to ask you to upgrade the membership. DAMHIK

They never stop asking. But, aAs long as they keep fighting, they can keep asking.

Different opinion. I am sick of the NRA at this point. Since joining in January, I have been bombarded with requests for membership renewal, additional donations, offers from multiple entities selling insurance and lord knows what else. Plus yesterday I get a great offer for a new DVD series....along with the first DVD. I am waiting
for the vegamatic ads to start coming! Put the money into helping those who need it, deal with legislators, but stick to business.

And today, Saturday, I get a phone call from some outfit affiliated with the NRA trying to sell me something(don't know what, just told them to stop calling)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom