Rent a Bushmaster ACR

threaduselesswithoutpics.jpg

[smile]

Looking forward to trying it. I was up there Saturday and rented the Sig 556 with the red dot and shot a XD in 9mm for the first time. I had a good time shooting both, but I really liked the XD!

Mass legal only needs the fixed stock and a muzzle brake, correct?

--------

Edit: just called Bushmaster. There will be a Mass compliant version soon. It will have a muzzle brake.

Last edited:
Meh. A guy I know just got one in through a local gun shop. Pretty cool looking, but that's about it.

Looks like a nice rifle, but the MA version is just not going to work for me. Like sig 556, the folding stock on these rifles is one of its best features.

I'm going to have to come up there sometime soon and shoot it back to back with my XCR. I hope I like the XCR better.

I've seen some of the basic models on the auction sites going for around $2,000 - has anyone seen anything better? To be MA compliant, no lug, no flash suppressor, and no folding stock (I think). Wondering if it's worth selling a kidney for, assuming I can find a buyer ....
Is this really the next-generation AR? Thanks.

what is the benefit of a gas piston? I saw Ruger AR that had that and was wondering what is up with that?

Less fouling in the action itself, due to gas only making it as far as the piston instead of blowing on the BCG (and into the action). Supposedly like WAAAY more reliable than direct impingement.

I've shot one...it was pretty cool, but I'm not sure it's as freakin revolutionary as it was supposed to be, or if it's worth the price.

MFLR

I loved the ACR, but its time to expand to the rest of the wonderful firearms from Modern Warfare 2. Like I mentioned on Face Book the next weapon should be the Kriss Vector, either the SMG or the civilian model.

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/products/kriss-smg-45-acp.html
Just think of all the boxes of 45 caliber ammo, us nerds will buy!!!!

tech_01.PNG

Now that's a sexy gun.

Last edited:
MFLR

I loved the ACR, but its time to expand to the rest of the wonderful firearms from Modern Warfare 2. Like I mentioned on Face Book the next weapon should be the Kriss Vector, either the SMG or the civilian model.

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/products/kriss-smg-45-acp.html
Just think of all the boxes of 45 caliber ammo, us nerds will buy!!!!

tech_01.PNG

Now that's a sexy gun.

No no, the AC-130 should be next. THEN the Vector.

All of these rifles were developed for the military's next gen rifle program, which was recently canned (again), correct? Therefore, what's the future of all of these new plastic rifles? Seems like without government contracts, the ACR is going to eventually wither away.

Back
Top Bottom