• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rep Naughton to hold gun violence listening tour ?

The Fall River version had only three people attend (not including officials, police and the DA)

Anyone who can attend needs to go - these are the place to get anything done as it is set up as a dialog among the attendees (at least Fall River was)

Aaron

The Fall River version had only three people attend (not including officials, police and the DA)

Anyone who can attend needs to go - these are the place to get anything done as it is set up as a dialog among the attendees (at least Fall River was)

Aaron
The wife and I apparently should have gone to Fall River to be heard. [thinking] The one we attended was a bad joke. Write your questions down on index cards so they can throw them away and substitute their own softballs. Ridiculous.

The wife and I apparently should have gone to Fall River to be heard. [thinking] The one we attended was a bad joke. Write your questions down on index cards so they can throw them away and substitute their own softballs. Ridiculous.

It's a listening tour, not a listening to other opinions tour.

At the Sudbury one that I attended, the Moderator-ish guy responded to an Anit's question about "What can I do?", with "Show up."

We have to, too.

It's a listening tour, not a listening to other opinions tour.
Perhaps I missed the concept. I understood that this was supposed to be about Rep. Naughton and the other reps present listening to what the voters wanted? Did I get that backwards?

My only point about Fall River was that it sounded like a great opportunity for a very up front and personal discussion. I doubt they tried to pull the index card trick there.

Here is my post from Fall River
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb.../215995-todays-listening-tour-fall-river.html

BTW: I suck as a public speaker - we need people who can effectively speak in public, especially women!

It sounds like we really need to hammer in to Naughton that having our privacy violated (by being forced to hand over medical records) in order to exercise our civil rights is completely unacceptable and disgusting. Having the state force us to hand over medical records in any situation is unacceptable.

He is a vet - We need to hit him with suitability in light of Simkin v FRB measured against a combat vet's needs for counseling when re-entering civilian life.

Ohh - they really don't like that Mass has become more violent since 1998 despite all of the states around us becoming less violent with more lenient firearms licensing.

With Simkin, there may be a case for shall issue licensing but I fear the stick at the other end of that carrot.

Katherie Clark did the same exact thing in Malden..all softball questions for the gun-control freaks.

Back
Top Bottom