Rep point breakdown

Derek,

I personally appreciate the rep point system for a couple of reasons:

1. It allows me to gauge whether I am representing the pulse of the other contributors and as such has allowed me to review in retrospect my comments.

2. It helps to keep me thoughtful and respectful when opposing a viewpoint or proposing what may be a controversial thought.

3. It is a source of humor (One should never take themselves so seriously that a jab in the ribs causes a rant).

4. It helps me determine how seriously to take comments made by others who I have not yet met in person based on how they have been received by others.

Feedback, in both positive and negative forms, is required to continue maturing and refining ourselves throughout life so why should a forum be any different?

My 2 cents.

-R

Sorry, Derek but if it works, it would be nice to be able to know how it works and that thread didn't really explain much to me that made sense. Maybe I just don't understand what was there or I missed something but it didn't seem to answer the question at all.

Never mind, I'm just an old fart that has reached the point where my brain is over full and stuff has to fall out for new stuff to remain.

I have 6 bars. If I positve rep you, you get +6 added to your current total which is in the 3 bar level. You give out +3 or -3 on every rep until you get to the next level.

It's pretty simple.

Is this legal ?

It's certainly not legal in MA!

C. 265 § 48(a) Whoever commits an assault upon another, by means of an internet forum based reputation system, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 10 years or in the house of correction for not more than 2 1/2 years, or by a fine of not more than $1,000, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Well,I feel your pain.

At this point you would probably like to scrap the whole system due to all the threads and people taking the shit way too seriously.

On the other hand if you do scrap the system,you will hurt a bunch of e-egos that were enhanced by a system you put in.

You created a monster,an electronic system to judge the size of e-penises.

I figure I would add the word e-penis to the thread so you can lock it.[smile]

Last edited:
About once a month, someone finds something I say funny enough to give me a rep point.

My backup career as a comedian is completely shot. [wink]

I have 6 bars. If I positve rep you, you get +6 added to your current total which is in the 3 bar level. You give out +3 or -3 on every rep until you get to the next level.

It's pretty simple.

Thanks Derek !

My old brain is still smart enough to understand that, which I did before I posted the question.

Perhaps I didn't explain the question well enough.

It's the points at which your 'title' (sharpshooter, expert, etc) change that I was looking for.

Sorry to be stupid but that link didn't show much comprehensible info.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom