• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rep. Richard Hudson: National Reciprocity Tells ‘Liberal Elites’ We Will Keep Our Guns

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
gun-ownership-640x480.png

By AWR Hawkins

On December 6 Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC) tweeted that national reciprocity is a way to tell “liberal elites” we will keep our guns, and our right to self-defense.
His tweet comes hours before his national reciprocity legislation, Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017, goes to the House Floor for a vote.

Hudson tweeted, “The American people are sick of liberal elites in New York and San Francisco trying to tell us we don’t have the right to defend ourselves and our families.”

Read full story here: http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...iprocity-tells-liberal-elites-will-keep-guns/

f*** YEAH ! one more to go.

“The American people are sick of liberal elites in New York and San Francisco trying to tell us we don’t have the right to defend ourselves and our families.”
He forgot mAss

The fix is in without a lot of the garbage Schumer and Pelosi wanted. The major concern is what horseshit McCornhole allows to be stuffed into it.

One thing I don't understand is how this bill will help residents of states which require permits to purchase in violation of Heller. What good is a carry permit in 50 states if one can't buy a handgun legally in their home state to comply with the GCA 1968, or even ammo? I doubt any restrictive states will allow someone to purchase a firearm in their home state with an out of state license.

If enough pervs resign....

But the way I take this bill, it will probably suck for the brothers in Free America. Those of us behind the iron curtain will be ok.

I’m torn.

The fix is in without a lot of the garbage Schumer and Pelosi wanted. The major concern is what horseshit McCornhole allows to be stuffed into it.

One thing I don't understand is how this bill will help residents of states which require permits to purchase in violation of Heller. What good is a carry permit in 50 states if one can't buy a handgun legally in their home state to comply with the GCA 1968, or even ammo? I doubt any restrictive states will allow someone to purchase a firearm in their home state with an out of state license.
How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. That can be fixed at a later date.

Still saying that Congress nor the Senate have any authority to issue this "law" and by taking this action they are going to subsume that authority forever. Already the arguements against it are just that: it's not in their right to issue this law, it's a State's right.

Also, we happen to have a 'friendly' house and senate and president. What's going to happen the first day of the first month when the dems take over, and they will. Reciprocity will be the first thing on their agenda to restrict. This is a protected and recognized Constitutional right. Congress and the Senate should simply issue an edict that all 50 states have to abide by it, period. No new laws are required.

Rome

All states would have to issue permits. Whether you are able to obtain a permit from your home state or not is another question. It is possible to obtain a concealed carry permit from a state where you do not reside (Utah) and use it to carry in others. The current rub here is that some states do not honor non-resident permits/licenses. With a national law that requires reciprocity by all states, if you reside in state like Hawaii, California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, or certain parts of New York that are more restricted (read: don't issue permits) or a state that does not recognize non-resident permits/licenses, having an out-of-state/non-residence permit (i.e., Utah), your non-issuing home state as well as the states that don't recognize/accept non-resident permits would be forced to recognize your permit.

Last edited:
Stalwart pro-RKBA Rep Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) explains that the "fix NICS" language inserted into the bill is a sneaky codification of Obama gun control executive orders and regulatory schemes designed to deprive millions of people of their right to buy and own guns, http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ix-nics-gun-control-expansion-cannot-support/. He explains further in this plain-spoken video he posted on his Facebook page,
View: https://www.facebook.com/RepLouieGohmert/videos/10155843799556904/

He can't if he wanted to. It would require changing the rules of the Senate and basically ending the filibuster. Sounds good now - until the Dems retake the Senate.

Cant he change the rules back right before an election? Basically, keep it simple majority for 2 years, then go back to regular right before election time? Just thinking.

Cant he change the rules back right before an election? Basically, keep it simple majority for 2 years, then go back to regular right before election time? Just thinking.

Senate rules can only be changed at the beginning of a new Congress I believe. So - yea he could change them back - assuming repubs are still in the majority upon the commencement of the new congress.

This is a super nuclear option though. Even as nasty as politics are today there is a certain decorum in the Senate. Taking this path invites the opposition to do the same.. They would no doubt leverage it for something far worse than what seeing this not pass would be - like implementing single payer health care - or passing an "assault" weapon ban.

In other words - that is a hill not worth dying on.... Not by a long shot... Not for this - or anything else really.

I'm of the opinion that the filibuster should remain in place for all cases and laws. If something can't garner 60 cotes - it ought not pass. I don't care what the legislation is. In fact I think the 60 vote threshold is too low. I liked it more when it was 66.

Dems already changed the rules.......

Mitch is delusional to think that they wont again when convenient

We're not talking about the constitution here.....its the f***ing senate rules which the senate is empowered to make for themselves.

McConnell is a spineless impediment to forward progress.

They changed the rules to allow judicial appointments to pass by simple majority. The Repubs warned that they would respond by removing the filibuster from Supreme Court appointments and that's exactly what they did to get Trump's man on the bench. But what would be necessary here would be to do away with the filibuster completely which is f_cking insane. You think the repubs are going to hold the Senate forever you're nuts. And absent the filibuster when the Dems regain control all hell will break loose. I'm all set with that. Mitch isn't being spineless - he's playing the game. And as much as we want this far greater long term harm can be done if the nuke option were done to pass it. Remember - absent a filibuster a Dem majority can repeal it just as easily as the repubs could pass it. Again - doing away with the filibuster is insane. Even assuming they did that to pass this - the dems would just repeal it when they retake control.

Back
Top Bottom