• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Repeal the 2nd Amendment

He says it all in the very first line...

"I have never understood the conservative fetish for the Second Amendment."

I wouldn't waste time trying to explain it to him, since he just won't understand... Someone should counter with "I have never understood the liberals fetish for the First Amendment."

I saw that in my google news feed this morning. Not going to click. Not interested.

I generally try to read viewpoints in opposition to my own, but I'm not engaging with this extremist nonsense.

If his logic and "facts" held true, shouldn't Dallas have way more murders than Chicago?

Lying ****ing pricks, all of them. Go ahead guy, repeal it. Watch what happens.

Yes repeal the second amendment......or the more likely scenario..... millions will die trying. That fat Phuck's brain is made up of the wrong type of fat.

At least he's being intellectually honest with his goal, unlike most leftists that just want some "common sense legislation".

Well, at least he's trying to be intellectually honest. What we're used to is lip service. What we normally hear from these people is that they support the Second Amendment but want to subject it to all manner of restrictions that are incompatible with an enumerated right.

This guy at least understands and is honest about the two problems that the other side faces: 1) For better or worse, gun ownerships is protected as an enumerated individual right and 2) most gun control arguments are BS.

This is actually refreshing.

He says it all in the very first line...

"I have never understood the conservative fetish for the Second Amendment."

I wouldn't waste time trying to explain it to him, since he just won't understand... Someone should counter with "I have never understood the liberals fetish for the First Amendment."

It is not a "conservative fetish" in the least (he can look up the meaning in a dictionary or do what most misinformed people do and just Google it). Suffice it to say the Second Amendment is simply just putting in clear and straightforward English what is a God given right. And "If you don't understand the Second Amendment, I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you".

Jay

Hey, whatever. He can do his best; I always applaud civic involvement, even when it’s misguided.

He’d fail miserably, but at least he’d be putting his money where his mouth is. I’d have a lot more respect for antis if they went for the big win, rather than trying to subject 2a to a death by a thousand cuts. Bring it out, have the Big Debate, let the antis see their effort fail, and then let’s get on with our lives and go buy more AKs and FALs.

The Republic will somehow survive this dude’s editorial.

Back
Top Bottom