• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Replacing Broken Pre Ban Glock Mag Bodies With New Glock Mag Bodies In Massachusetts

I never really could understand the hi-cap thing anyway. All the studies I have ever read say, three shots or less for most civilians shooting. So, why does someone want to carry a 17 round mag with one or two spare mags? I know, I know, it's because the state says you can't have then, that's the answer. When someone tells you that you can't have something you want it all the more.

(insert pic of antifa mob roadblocking car here)

“drops mic”

I never really could understand the hi-cap thing anyway. All the studies I have ever read say, three shots or less for most civilians shooting. So, why does someone want to carry a 17 round mag with one or two spare mags? I know, I know, it's because the state says you can't have then, that's the answer. When someone tells you that you can't have something you want it all the more.
People want standard mags and spares for the same reason they carry a firearm in the first place. Worst case scenarios.

do you plan on the average or the extreme? I mean the average daily distance in a car is less than 40 miles so there is no need for more than a 3 gallon tank

(insert pic of antifa mob roadblocking car here)

“drops mic”
Well maybe that's what the rifle in the trunk is for. You know those nice Antifa folk will let me get out of my car and pull it out first though. But they gotta wait for me to remove the lock and load it because legal storage of high capacity rifles and all.

do you plan on the average or the extreme? I mean the average daily distance in a car is less than 40 miles so there is no need for more than a 3 gallon tank

Seriously. Shocknawe was just speaking from a trustworthy/reliable standpoint of a new proven magazine versus a 30 year old magazine that's had more dick and ass contact than a prostitute. Not what the second guy was talking about. That's some Bill Ruger level thinking.
If this was just about being because the state says you can't. People in free states wouldn't carry G19s with spares and a lot do.

LOL yea because after the first shot rings out Antifa are going to all continue going at you like the brave souls they are.
That's assuming they don't immediately shoot back which has been a frequent case. So much for anti-gun I guess.
I almost typed out a great analogy for it. That's like having 15 hookers to go around the unit instead of 10. No matter how you slice it. That's still a sausage party.

Just sign up to be a cop in MA. Then retire. Be part of the protected class where you are graciously allowed to carry as many high capacity clips and assault weapons as you want.
Doesn't work. OK while on the job. Questionable at best after retirement (gray area) . . . and that info was from an EOPS attorney in a couple of FTF conversations. Of course if anyone wants to be a test case, then we might get a definitive answer.

"With papers!"

LOL. Reminds me of the test scene in MIB. "Best of hte best of the best. With honors!"

I’ve got a 33 round stick, That reptile converted to 17 rounds….I’m pretty sure he just save 16 children…The sky is falling won’t somebody think of the children!?

Or if it's carried by NYPD, it'll save 12 children. ;)

People want standard mags and spares for the same reason they carry a firearm in the first place. Worst case scenarios.
Absolutely true. Although sometimes it's best to do the math. It's like going to the baseball game, as an adult, with your glove.

"What if a screaming liner comes at me."

OK, let's say 10,000 seats are in screaming-liner territory. Let's say just 5,000 seats. Probably 2-3 screaming liners per game. The ONLY way you can stop it is by wearing your glove while drinking a beer and eating a hotdog???? You've got 10x more likelihood of catching a pop-up foul ball. Closest I've ever come to that was the guy NEXT TO ME (Well, next to my brother) caught one in Cleveland. Said he had season tickets for a decade and never even got close once.

So. . . . I will never EVER complain about someone carrying 52 rounds of 9mm on their person. But the likelihood is so near zero to be zero. Act accordingly. And you do you in either case. I'll never publicly disparage you or restrict that freedom though.

i would put it differently - anyone who actually expects the LEOs to pay any attention of where on some magazine some letters are placed in attempt to use it as a 'proof' for a pre-ban status is going to be severely disappointed. no timestamp - no proof - end of the conversation, a charge of the hi-cap magazine possession added to the list.
:)
And no testimony from Glock certifying pre-ban status.

LOL. Reminds me of the test scene in MIB. "Best of hte best of the best. With honors!"

Or if it's carried by NYPD, it'll save 12 children. ;)

Absolutely true. Although sometimes it's best to do the math. It's like going to the baseball game, as an adult, with your glove.

"What if a screaming liner comes at me."

OK, let's say 10,000 seats are in screaming-liner territory. Let's say just 5,000 seats. Probably 2-3 screaming liners per game. The ONLY way you can stop it is by wearing your glove while drinking a beer and eating a hotdog???? You've got 10x more likelihood of catching a pop-up foul ball. Closest I've ever come to that was the guy NEXT TO ME (Well, next to my brother) caught one in Cleveland. Said he had season tickets for a decade and never even got close once.

So. . . . I will never EVER complain about someone carrying 52 rounds of 9mm on their person. But the likelihood is so near zero to be zero. Act accordingly. And you do you in either case. I'll never publicly disparage you or restrict that freedom though.
Hell, even with recent upticks, the lifetime likelihood of even drawing your sidearm is nearly zero, unless you fall into a couple narrow categories.

But liberty means taking responsibility for you and yours, so we each decide what to carry and how; I support everyone's ability to make that choice for themselves.

Hey! I once knew a guy that felt he needed to carry around a Desert Eagle in .44 mag. Why? Just in case he ran into a big guy. To the best of my knowledge, he never did run into that big guy, but it made him happy just knowing he had it with him. I guess what I am trying to say is this, if someone carries around big guns with lots and lots of ammo and it makes them feel more secure, then I am all for it. But it won't do us much good if Uncle Joe, sends an F-16 to our house, or decides to nuke us.

That's assuming they don't immediately shoot back which has been a frequent case. So much for anti-gun I guess.
I almost typed out a great analogy for it. That's like having 15 hookers to go around the unit instead of 10. No matter how you slice it. That's still a sausage party.
Ofcourse I agree 15 or 17 rounds is better than 10 but my point which was side stepped in classic NES fashion doesn’t change the fact that a new 10 round mag is BETTER than a 15/17 rounder that might crack or have a crack.

I went to a game with a client using the company's season tickets. He was a big baseball fan (played semi-pro ball after college) and could tell where just about any ball was going to go as soon as it started moving. Sitting in Fenway during the first inning and a pop-up heads towards us. He stood up when the ball left the bat ("That's straight at us.") but sat down as it hit the top of the arc ("Nope, going to be short.") The ball dropped into one of the tunnels about 20' to our left. We heard "Pock. Pock. Pock." and saw the ball came up out of the tunnel, having hit the near wall, then the floor, then the far wall like kids playing pop-up off a curb. It did a soft arc up into the air and ended up dead center on the empty seat in the row in front of me. We were sitting there goggle eyed when the guy in the row in front of that turned around, said "Hey. There's the ball!" and picked it up off the seat.

Half an inning later, the usher came by to seat some people where we were sitting, informed us we were in the wrong seats, and told us to to move up one row. The damn ball would have landed in my lap.

Last edited:
Ofcourse I agree 15 or 17 rounds is better than 10 but my point which was side stepped in classic NES fashion doesn’t change the fact that a new 10 round mag is BETTER than a 15/17 rounder that might crack or have a crack.
Does a cracked mag still function? If so, what's better about it? If not, it's nothing and a working mag is absolutely better than nothing.

Does a cracked mag still function? If so, what's better about it? If not, it's nothing and a working mag is absolutely better than nothing.
I’m not qualified enough to say what a crack in the mag will or will not do as far as functionality but if my life is dependent on it I’d prefer the Mag to be new as opposed to 30 years old. That’s my point, I honestly don’t care what any of you use in your HD/CCW

I’m not qualified enough to say what a crack in the mag will or will not do as far as functionality but if my life is dependent on it I’d prefer the Mag to be new as opposed to 30 years old. That’s my point, I honestly don’t care what any of you use in your HD/CCW
Sorry, I was talking about testing individual gear. Generally, I'm with you here. I'm just saying, any mag can crack. A cracked mag might not work. So test your gear, use what works, fix or replace what doesn't. Only carry what makes you comfortable.

Party on.

The likelihood of you needing to fire a gun at all is minimal. But you still carry, don't you?

Also, consider the following statistic (I can't find the source right now, sorry). In police shootings it takes on average three hits to bring someone down. Cops also miss two out of three times. So that's nine rounds... for just one assailant...

The one at 1m13s spins counterclockwise.

It's a terrier, so that's purely out of spite.

Frigging terriers.

why does someone want to carry a 17 round mag with one or two spare mags?
Comes in handy some times.

Just sign up to be a cop in MA. Then retire. Be part of the protected class where you are graciously allowed to carry as many high capacity clips and assault weapons as you want.
Doesn't work. OK while on the job. Questionable at best after retirement (gray area) . . . and that info was from an EOPS attorney in a couple of FTF conversations. Of course if anyone wants to be a test case, then we might get a definitive answer.
5n2grw.jpg

No ride around town on the Ruckus?
That right there is the dirtiest thing I've read on NES in I don't know how long...

Hell, even with recent upticks, the lifetime likelihood of even drawing your sidearm is nearly zero, unless you fall into a couple narrow categories.
5n2ij8.jpg

Youtube gun guy I follow used to say "If you run a mag dry you'll be famous". [laugh] With that said, more is better, to a certain degree. Mags and rounds.

I guess humans have been saying this forever, but people are crazy these days. There's no shortage of people floating around who arent going to turn tail and run just because youre shooting at them. I dont want to be the 6+1 guy in a 17+1 gunfight. Spare mags are good for the unexpected as well like malfunctions and unintentional mags drops (cop had one in the middle of a shootout in FL recently)

LOL. Go watch some of those videos of cops shooting people on drugs.

Recon by fire is hard with 10 rounds.

Reptile, swap the body with this, you should be good to go, and you won’t look like you have an armadillo in your trousers.
0E964F67-CA29-49E4-A504-4E95F505E645.png

Back
Top Bottom