• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reservists

What branch?

I was the Logistics Plans Officer for Westover ARB. I was also an AF civilian in the same slot Mondays-Fridays. I retired from both at the same time.

Any branch, and nothing real specific. I was an active Duty SOS and MIF team member years ago and was recently contacted by an Army recruiter and asked if I had any interest in joining the reserves.

I've served in both the Army and the Navy. I was just curious if there were any reservists in MA to either tell me how much they love it or remind me I got out for a reason.

I was just curious if there were any reservists in MA to either tell me how much they love it or remind me I got out for a reason.

Serving in the reserves is just one of those things you either want to do or you don't. Someone else's experiences may or may not be valid for you.

I was active duty for 14 years and a reservist for 19. I enjoyed it tremendously because I was able to work with some of the greatest folks in the world (plus a few of the worst, but that's another story). The cameraderie in a good military unit is one of those experiences which you must experience to understand.

Being in the reserves IS tough today because the size of the active duty force requires the Pentagon to go to the citizen soldier more than any time since WWII for help.

Is it worth it? I say yes. I'd still be in but I was forced to retire (age) plus the AFRC did not consider me deployable any more (history of cancer).

Would it be worth it for you? Only you can answer that question.

Im actually no longer in, :(

said my back was a little too bad for the last trip (gitmo), so I told em Id be back when it was time to go to the sand box.

Back
Top Bottom