• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Response from Elizabeth Warren to my email on Gun Control Legislation

Thank you Elizabeth, but I do not need you telling me what I need and don't need in terms of firearms. That's one of a million reasons you did not get my vote.
Stay out of my business.
Sorry if this is a repeat....

Thank you for contacting me about gun control legislation.
Like millions of people across the country, I was heartbroken by the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School last December. I do not know how to explain the deaths of twenty innocent children or why six heroic teachers had to make the ultimate sacrifice for their students.
I also grew up in family that used guns. My older brothers hunted, and I learned to shoot when I was in grade school. I have great respect for the role that hunting and guns play in many communities across the country and believe there is a place for responsible gun ownership in our society. But I also don't think anyone needs military-grade assault weapons to hunt or Rambo-style high capacity magazines to protect their family from intruders.
That's why I support a comprehensive set of reforms to reduce gun violence. I strongly support reauthorizing the expired ban on federal assault weapons and high capacity magazines. I also support closing the loopholes in federal background checks for gun shows and private sales. The President has put forward a slate of proposals to help address gun violence and gun safety, and I support those efforts as well.
There is no one way to stop gun violence, and there is certainly room for disagreement on the steps that we should take. But I hope that we can agree that we have a responsibility to ourselves and to our children to take the steps we can to stop the violence. I believe that a reauthorized assault weapons ban and the President's proposals represent a responsible path forward. I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to look for other steps we can take to protect our children and families from these terrible tragedies. I believe that is my responsibility as a United States Senator -- and as a mother and grandmother.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Warren
United States Senator

Got it too. Took her a long time to write such a short and non-personal response!

Bunch of anti nonsense followed by
.......I believe that is my responsibility as a United States Senator -- and as a mother and grandmother.

I wonder if it is also her responsibility as a Senator to respect and uphold the Bill of Rights? [angry]

Ha ha.. jokes on her... Rambo doesn't like "Rambo-style high capacity magazines" either... She'll have to use Bruce Willis in her future correspondence related to this "National Conversation" we are currently having...

I only use "Bruce Willis style high capacity magazines"

She plays the party line..no questions asked. This is the same idiot who claims she's for the middle class and that she's going to fight for affordable education while she teaches a single class at Harvard for $350k/year

Ok;
So I got the exact same Canned reply!!! What a crock. It is a feel good measure !!!
Looking Like is not the same as "Military Grade"

"Thank you for contacting me about gun control legislation.
Like millions of people across the country, I was heartbroken by the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School last December. I do not know how to explain the deaths of twenty innocent children or why six heroic teachers had to make the ultimate sacrifice for their students.
I also grew up in family that used guns. My older brothers hunted, and I learned to shoot when I was in grade school. I have great respect for the role that hunting and guns play in many communities across the country and believe there is a place for responsible gun ownership in our society. But I also don't think anyone needs military-grade assault weapons to hunt or Rambo-style high capacity magazines to protect their family from intruders.
That's why I support a comprehensive set of reforms to reduce gun violence. I strongly support reauthorizing the expired ban on federal assault weapons and high capacity magazines. I also support closing the loopholes in federal background checks for gun shows and private sales. The President has put forward a slate of proposals to help address gun violence and gun safety, and I support those efforts as well.
There is no one way to stop gun violence, and there is certainly room for disagreement on the steps that we should take. But I hope that we can agree that we have a responsibility to ourselves and to our children to take the steps we can to stop the violence. I believe that a reauthorized assault weapons ban and the President's proposals represent a responsible path forward. I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to look for other steps we can take to protect our children and families from these terrible tragedies. I believe that is my responsibility as a United States Senator -- and as a mother and grandmother.
Sincerely,

Elizabeth Warren
United States Senator
"""

I got the exact same email. What does she mean by, "...to protect their family from intruders."

If she thought about it she would have said, "Everyone should have Rambo-style high capacity magazines to protect their homes from invaders."

Last edited:
I got that same load of crap today also. They must put all the Pro2a emails into one folder then hit reply when it's full. F' her and the horse she rode in on.

I got the same response.

Someone should inquire how her life may have been different if her Cherokee "ancestors" had access to firearms when Andrew Jackson, the forefathers of her own party, forced Native Americans to relocate to Oklahoma.

4000 to 13000 Cherokee died of disease, starvation, and exposure during the Trail of Tears. Think if they only had the means of protecting themselves...

Last edited:
I just came on to post this, but saw you made a thread. What a ****ing c***. Unbelievable. Rambo?!?! Seriously?! So offensive I can't even describe my profound hatred for her. Hopefully I never am in the same room as her.

I'm a car driver, I grew up with cars, my parents had cars when I was growing up and still use them. But I don't think anyone needs one that has more than four seats or more than 100 horsepower.

I'm a child, I grew up with children (my parents had two!) and although I have none of my own I hope to one day. But I don't think anyone needs to have more than three children.

I grew up with indoor plumbing, I have an indoor toilet, a shower/tub combo, and two sinks. My parents even had a dishwasher to go with their 2-1/2 baths and kitchen sink. But I don't think anyone needs five full baths, or two sinks in the kitchen.

I could go on, but I'm pretty sure my point has been made.

Got the same canned response from her. Here was my response.
Dear Senator Warren:

Thank you for patronizing me. You will not keep my thoughts in mind when you carry the water for the President and the Democrats to push for confiscation of all weapons from citizens. You and your party will not stop until you have stripped us of all our remaining rights. I find it very telling that the focus has quickly shifted from child safety to banning guns. How fast you played your hand as a party. Why aren't we looking at solutions that will actually make our children safe? Why have I seen nothing come out of the Democrat party that addresses school safety? Why is it that I can go to my daughter's school for an awards ceremony and walk right in without showing any I.D. and not even be asked who I am? As usual, you are trying to enact failed legislation (the AWB) that your own party controlled government said did no good. The FBI crime statistics prove that less than 1% of crime is committed with a long gun -http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-14 -yet you make this your focus? If you truly know anything about guns as you claim, you would know that these 'military grade assault weapons' are exactly like the semi auto hunting rifle or shotgun you learned to shoot. The 'rambo style high capacity magazines' are actually standard magazines, issued with all new bought rifles. Lastly, if you really knew weapons, you would know that the psycho killer in Newtown could have killed all his victims with a single shot rifle and a revolver as there was no-one else armed in that school. It took the police over 15 minutes to arrive. Why do we make our teachers and children cower in a corner with no way to defend themselves? Your party made our schools kill zones, but offer them no protection.
As a parent of two young girls and the husband of a teacher I am appalled at what you are doing to our rights. You and your party are going to go down in history as the people that started the downfall of the greatest country that ever existed. Our rights are what separate us from other countries; when they are taken away what are we left with?
Finally could you please point out the section in the Bill Of Rights that deals with hunting?

captainbly
Supporter of the U.S. Constitution

Granny Warren writes back.

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me about gun control legislation.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Warren
United States Senator

Where do I get a Rambo style magazine? Are those right next to the Snake Plissken Never Run Out of Ammo magazines?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom