Responses from MA Representatives and Senators

This is great, but I caution people: Don't stop calling just because the list says your rep is on our side. They're going to get pressure from party leadership, and being able to say, 'hundreds of my constituents have called me on this issue, I have to listen to them' makes it a lot easier to resist.

This is great, but I caution people: Don't stop calling just because the list says your rep is on our side. They're going to get pressure from party leadership, and being able to say, 'hundreds of my constituents have called me on this issue, I have to listen to them' makes it a lot easier to resist.

Agree 100%. Keep calling them regardless. Confirm they are in fact against this, and any other similar legislation that may come up.

Great job man, nicely done.

Sen. John Keenan has not confirmed either way (to me) but has a low grading on GOAL's website, the spreadsheet shows him as "Opposed". Has anyone confirmed with him? His aide said he has been bombarded by pro-gun callers.

Rep. Bradley Jones Jr. (Minority Leader) is supposedly opposed according to the Asst. Minority Leader, Rep. George Peterson Jr. We need to get confirmation on that.

Also, for what it's worth, Sen. Bruce Tarr's office (Minority Leader) has told me that the Republican caucus is opposed. On your list you show Sen. Richard Ross (R) as unknown. We need to make sure he is with us, and then really slam the Democrats especially the leadership i.e. Majority Leaders, Speaker DeLeo (most important) and Senate President Therese Murray.

Even though the spreadsheet says "Patrick's Proposal", we NEED to make sure we clearly address Linsky's. Refer to the thread titled "Official: Linsky's Full Retard Bill" for talking points. Linsky's is by far more damaging than Patrick's.

You should UPDATE the list with the ratings from GOAL found here:
http://www.goal.org/senateratings.html

For instance: James Timilty is GOAL endrosed along with:

GOAL Rating Candidate Party Incumbent
A+Michael RodriguesDYesGOAL Endorsed

A+Bruce E. TarrRYesGOAL Endorsed

A+Michael R. Knapik RYesGOAL Endorsed

AStanley C. RosenbergDYes

A+Richard RossRNoGOAL Endorsed

A+Mark R. PachecoDYesGOAL Endorsed

A+Robert L. HedlundRYesGOAL Endorsed

AMichael O. MooreDYesGOAL Endorsed

A+Stephen M. Brewer DYesGOAL Endorsed

Worcester and Middlesex Senate District
GOAL Rating Candidate PartyIncumbent
A+Jennifer FlanaganDYesGOAL Endorsed
Worcester and Norfolk Senate District
A+Richard T. MooreDYesGOAL Endorsed

I spoke with Lori Ehrlich's office on Friday. Definitely leans towards her favoring Patrick's bill. I spoke with a staff person. They seemed to be very willing to hear my opinion, yet on Deville's side.

will be contacting David Sullivan office today and try and get his stance .last election when he came to my door i asked him if he was pro 2nd amendment he sais he was but i will see . i will aslo contact Michael Rodrigues in the senate

Mahoney has his head so far up Deval's backside that he can scratch the gov's throat. 5-1 says he's in favor. Please walk your dogs on his lawn.

I'm trying to keep this list accurate as far as responses we have actually gotten back from them. I'm not inclined to trust GOAL ratings or party affiliations. I want first-hand reports of what they tell us.

Regarding Patrick's proposal and Linksy's, it's likely a safe bet that when they say they are opposed to the legislation that they would be opposed to either. That said, specifics never hurt.

I think it would be useful to all of us if when posting any responses you get to be verbose and cite some things they told you rather than just whether they are for or against. Tell us a little about how the conversation went.

thats funny. I wrote an email and hard copy letter to Rosenberg and I never heard back from him either way. Oh well its better that not writing I suppose.

Rob

I recently received this as part of a response to an email. I'd say Rep. Beaton is on our side.

As a licensed gun owner in MAssachusetts, I often find myself opposing Rep Linsky and his opinions. I will continue to advocate for second amendment rights as long as I am your state representative. If I can be of assistance in any other way, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks

Matt Beaton
State Representative - 11th Worcester District
Massachusetts State House Room 167
Boston, MA 02133

i spoke with Paul Heroux last week. i contacted him about how im still waiting for my LTC in Attleboro. He's awesome when it comes to taking action for his people in need. I neglected to ask him how he stood with the proposed changes. however, i told him how i stood and that i was firmly opposed and that im rather frustrated with how my town operates. he was very quick to contact me and actually met with the police chief of my town and instructed me on how to go about resolution through my town because he doesnt have much authority in my situation.

from what ive been reading, he doesnt think our firearms are the issue and that there are better solutions to the problem. can anyone weigh in?

Is there a listing of Senators anywhere?

The guy who represents my precinct - James Arciero - is already listed as being opposed to the legislation.

Susan Fargo is the senator for my area. I'm betting she is either for it - or hasn't said yet.

Any benefit to contacting reps from outside your own district/precinct?

Great job man, nicely done.

Sen. John Keenan has not confirmed either way (to me) but has a low grading on GOAL's website, the spreadsheet shows him as "Opposed". Has anyone confirmed with him? His aide said he has been bombarded by pro-gun callers.

Rep. Bradley Jones Jr. (Minority Leader) is supposedly opposed according to the Asst. Minority Leader, Rep. George Peterson Jr. We need to get confirmation on that.

Also, for what it's worth, Sen. Bruce Tarr's office (Minority Leader) has told me that the Republican caucus is opposed. On your list you show Sen. Richard Ross (R) as unknown. We need to make sure he is with us, and then really slam the Democrats especially the leadership i.e. Majority Leaders, Speaker DeLeo (most important) and Senate President Therese Murray.

Even though the spreadsheet says "Patrick's Proposal", we NEED to make sure we clearly address Linsky's. Refer to the thread titled "Official: Linsky's Full Retard Bill" for talking points. Linsky's is by far more damaging than Patrick's.

I have to disagree. Neither are good but Patrick's proposal, and especially the magazine part, amounts to an outright ban and confiscation. Don't get me wrong, Linsky's bill is nearly as offensive but I also think it would be easier to counter.

Is there a listing of Senators anywhere?

The guy who represents my precinct - James Arciero - is already listed as being opposed to the legislation.

Susan Fargo is the senator for my area. I'm betting she is either for it - or hasn't said yet.

Fargo is no longer a senator. I believe Mike Barrett took that seat. I called and the staffer said that Barrett is "usually in favor of more gun control".

Right now, probably not, unless you have some connection to their district (business owner, etc). Once bills are actually assigned to a committee, contacting the committee members is probably a good idea.

Great job! be careful of the GOAL ratings. We cannot assume that they're opposed to these new laws. We must hear from them that they are. This is a whole new ball game.

Back
Top Bottom