• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Restraining order question

Last weekend me and my girlfriend split up, she was being spiteful and while I was away from the house called the police and told them I was going to buy a gun and she feared for her safety. Well the police showed up and granted her a temporary restraining order. I was never served and on Monday she decided to not pursue the restraining order in court. Fast forward a few days later and the cops went back to the house and they said she made “allegations”. As of that day my ltc was suspended. I’ve only had the thing for 2 months and it doesn’t seem right I had to surrender my ltc over something she claims happened. When I dropped the ltc off at the pd the officer told me I would hear from them in the mail soon and that was it. Anybody know what I should expect or if I’ll even be able to get my suspension lifted? I’m In Massachusetts.

Last weekend me and my girlfriend split up, she was being spiteful and while I was away from the house called the police and told them I was going to buy a gun and she feared for her safety. Well the police showed up and granted her a temporary restraining order. I was never served and on Monday she decided to not pursue the restraining order in court. Fast forward a few days later and the cops went back to the house and they said she made “allegations”. As of that day my ltc was suspended. I’ve only had the thing for 2 months and it doesn’t seem right I had to surrender my ltc over something she claims happened. When I dropped the ltc off at the pd the officer told me I would hear from them in the mail soon and that was it. Anybody know what I should expect or if I’ll even be able to get my suspension lifted? I’m In Massachusetts.
I thought you get served something That says you have to appear in 10 days for it??..

Edit.. saw that u didn’t get served. Very interesting what the pd says…

You have two things to do

1- stop f***ing talking to her. Literally not even one word. Do not go anywhere she is known to go, etc, so on. If you have shit at her place, dont just show up to retrieve it, she'll start faggotry over that too. Block/delete her on everything.

2. GET AN ATTORNEY that knows how to deal with 209As. You need to cut this off at the pass.

Giving you the benefit of a doubt that you’re legit, that sure sucks. As others have said you should delete your posts here and contact a recommended attorney ASAP.

I usually shit on the “lawyer up” pants shitters here, but in this case since they took your LTC, you are kind of fooked. Lawyer may be a good choice.
The problem is that you have a very limited number of chances to address problems like this - and if you mess it up it’s much mire difficult to fix

It took me eight years to get my permit after it was revoked.

So whereas you may (rightly), think “I shouldn’t need an atty for this” - you may pay dearly if “shouldn’t need” runs into legal reality.

Lawyer up
Communicate only through the lawyer
Do not say anything to anyone other than your lawyer about her - not even your best friends.

Once things calm down, go over the entire relationship and pick out the red flags that should have warned you and ask yourself how to not fall victim to these again.

I usually shit on the “lawyer up” pants shitters here, but in this case since they took your LTC, you are kind of fooked. Lawyer may be a good choice.
You are wrong for sh*thing on people requesting advice from a lawyer.

Requesting legal advice is NEVER the wrong way of doing things. Most people wait too long, try to save a buck today which ends up costing them 10 bucks because they f*cked up.

Notice I said "legal ADVICE."

The OP should have contacted a lawyer the second the angry girlfriend called the cops.

I believe it was one of the NES lawyers that once posted something along the lines of: 'people sometimes think they are doing the right thing not realizing they end up f*cking themselves over and what would have been easy for a lawyer to fix is now harder and more expensive.

This shit is why "MGTOW" exists.
No dude. This is why people need to be smart and be able to walk away from crazy.

We also dont know the other side of the story, we don't know what the OP said, or how he treated his ex girlfriend.

Most of the time these things don't happen out of nowhere, it takes two to get this sh*t to the point of restraining orders. Very few times you will hear of a guy that is the nicest person in the world, a saint, and some chick just gets a restraining order on him for no reason.

I am not saying the OP is a bad person.

No dude. This is why people need to be smart and be able to walk away from crazy.

We also dont know the other side of the story, we don't know what the OP said, or how he treated his ex girlfriend.

Most of the time these things don't happen out of nowhere, it takes two to get this sh*t to the point of restraining orders. Very few times you will hear of a guy that is the nicest person in the world, a saint, and some chick just gets a restraining order on him for no reason.

I disagree.

You can't walk away from crazy when crazy presents itself out of nowhere and the cops are knocking on or knocking DOWN your door.

It doesn't take two to get things to restraining order proportions, it only takes one mentally unstable, immature woman who has a fit of anger and decides to take it to the limits.

Most of the time these things don't happen out of nowhere, it takes two to get this sh*t to the point of restraining orders. Very few times you will hear of a guy that is the nicest person in the world, a saint, and some chick just gets a restraining order on him for no reason..
It can happen in divorced for tactical/strategic reasons even in the absence of any need for actual protection. Keeps the kids away from the father so the mother can sell here side of the story uncontested, and marks the man as "dangerous" in all future court proceedings when the attorney who suggested a strategic order manages to work 209A into the conversation.
It doesn't take two to get things to restraining order proportions, it only takes one mentally unstable, immature woman who has a fit of anger and decides to take it to the limits.
Or a cold rational one who knows how to play the system in a fight for money and custody.

Last edited:
I disagree.

You can't walk away from crazy when crazy presents itself out of nowhere and the cops are knocking on or knocking DOWN your door.

You walk away from crazy BEFORE the cops show up. BEFORE you let your d*ck tell your brain it is a good idea to move in together.

You walk away from crazy BEFORE the cops show up. BEFORE you let your d*ck tell your brain it is a good idea to move in together.
Just because you are not present when the cops show up doesn't mean that the U.S. mail or a constable isn't going to serve you.

I think you are misinformed on how this shit works.

This is why a stated a need for introspection on recognition of red flags One should also go over those red flags with close friends and ask why they didn't broach the subject as a friend (unless they did and you were too wrapped up to take the advice)

Just because you are not present when the cops show up doesn't mean that the U.S. mail or a constable isn't going to serve you.

I think you are misinformed on how this shit works.
I think you dont understand what I mean. When I say "before", I dont mean a few minutes or hours before the cops show up. I mean months, years ... I mean not moving in together and ending the relationship in a good way before you get too deep.

And if you suspect she is crazy, take it easy on how you end it.

I think you dont understand what I mean. When I say "before", I dont mean a few minutes or hours before the cops show up. I mean months, years ... I mean not moving in together and ending the relationship in a good way before you get too deep.

Some people grew up in homes that were so batshit that what you see as a red flag is just another Tuesday.

I was SOOOOOOO lucky in this department. Most of the 'crazy' I dated did something that even my little head couldn't deal with. Met my wife early, glad she waited for me to be ready to marry her. I simply can't imagine going back on the dating market.

Agreed. But it doesn’t have to be “crazy” that causes men to say f*** it. The movement is so popular now because 4th wave of feminism has been the straw that breaks the camels back. Men are sick of paying mortgages for homes they can’t live in and for kids they never see. It doesn’t have to be restraining order related at all. One day she wakes up and you get the “I’m not happy” and there goes half your shit and your living out of your car for the next 6 months. I believe you are fairly a newly wed…plan your exit strategy. What the hell was the title of this thread again..😂🤔

Back
Top Bottom