Restricted to target and hunting, man takes firearm to work and leaves it in the bathroom

In any gun friendly state this would have been a non event, all you have to do is return his pistol to him because no crime was committed. It's not like some kid picked it up and shot someone. But losing your LTC for life is a very high price to pay for a mistake that anyone can make. Tell me, how many LEO's have left their service weapons in a restroom ? I just read a story about that not too long ago. Sadly, losing his LTC may be the least of his problems. Who really knows what kind of fines he could be facing. Hopefully if he's willing to fight with the help of a lawyer he may be able to keep his LTC.

Yep. Think of your drawers as the original "Yaqui Sling".

Ladies can use this method too, only problem is that little hammock will only fit a Seecamp.

He/She supports Oprah, uses less than desirable terms and shows anger. His/her choice. Sounds a little ANTIFA to me. That is his/her message. Mine: God bless our troops, firefighters, police and all 1st responders. Who's message do you agree with? or are you just focused on pronouns? Or are you looking for nouns to be gender neutral also?

I see you liked Tuna's Post: "These GUYS seem to be trying extremely hard to remain pro-cop, and are being foiled at every turn by the cops themselves."

He/She is assuming it's all GUYS. Yet because you support his/her anti-police stance it's ok to not mention GALS. Double standards, based on your views. Typical.

basing your assessment on a post i liked? lol, you need to admit you're wrong and move on [rofl]

drop it between your legs right into your pants. IF you forget your gun doing this you deserve anything that comes of it.
I dont get the take gun out and put it down somewhere shit when you go to the bathroom. drop your pants. Your holster should hold your side arm well enough that it wont fall out. if it does time for a new holster.

We're assuming the guy used a holster.

Yup, and I've had to answer for it.

No risk! What are you talking about? You have no idea who does or does not have access to that bathroom. Kids might be a low probability, but someone who is unfamiliar with firearms is a high probability. I hate to say it, but one of the reasons we have all these BS laws is because people don't take responsibility for their actions, and don't treat firearms with proper respect. I see it every time I go to the range, people handling firearms with no regard for basic safety.

There is never any excuse for leaving a gun in a bathroom. NEVER! I don't care if you want to say it was just something stupid, that's no excuse.

And I don't use a double standard on this, cops should be held to the same standard. Wait, change that, cops should be held to a higher standard.

Making people take responsibility for their actions is not the government's job.

This is not a crime anywhere but in liberal nanny states.

As predicted NES is eating each other.

Besides bickering, or calling the guy a tool, has anyone proposed supporting this guy's legal defense?

99% of MA laws are complete BS designed to infringe to the maximum degree possible.

I have been told if you carry, carry all the time. That way you are used to having a firearm on you all the time. Not having it would be odd and you should notice it. I know we all can't carry all the time, I can't because of my job and the places I have to go, but when you can, carry it, get used to it. Also, despite the stupidity of gun laws, they are still laws and until they are changed you should follow them. As I told my kids when they were attending ZooMass Amherst . . . Please be careful if you feel you need to smoke bowl or twist one up. As innocuous as it might be it is still (at the time) illegal and getting busted with or around it can FUBAR your future.

As for guns and the public at large, we all know that guns are killers and they can spontaniously discharge at any time. Anyone who has/owns a gun is a bad person and they will kill you at any time. The only reason to have a .30cal magazine clip (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REdjjLBaiOs
) is for mass murder and anyone who owns one is a mass murderer.(for those who don't get this, it is sarcasm)

Get used to it. [devil][horse] [mg]

Besides bickering, or calling the guy a tool, has anyone proposed supporting this guy's legal defense?

99% of MA laws are complete BS designed to infringe to the maximum degree possible.

He broke the law, he knew it, he got caught. End of story.
Why support his legal fees? There is zero chance of him winning.

The laws that permit ownership but restrict carry are stupid, but they are the law and he chose to break it.

I'm not giving penny one to someone who knowingly chose to break the law. I would/have given to those working to change the law.

basing your assessment on a post i liked? lol, you need to admit you're wrong and move on [rofl]
U r guilty of being a hypocrite based on your own choices. Facts speak for themselves. Admit it and move on. Anti-Cop. Anti-American. Another Pronoun chaser. You should be ashamed. ....Go cuddle up to CNN for a few hours. Beyond that, I wish you a wonderful evening.

U r guilty of being a hypocrite based on your own choices. Facts speak for themselves. Admit it and move on. Anti-Cop. Anti-American. Another Pronoun chaser. You should be ashamed. ....Go cuddle up to CNN for a few hours. Beyond that, I wish you a wonderful evening.

Snowflake melt alert. It was rather warm today.

How does one who appendix carry handle it for #2, especially the ones with an attached mag? Holster comes off belt?

One uses a holster which attachs to the belt and not a cheap one. Holsters that might slide off the belt can be secured by refastening the buckle to the belt after sliding the pants past your hips.

How about a big bucket of FVCK NO.

^^^^^^^^^ This!!

I have been told if you carry, carry all the time. That way you are used to having a firearm on you all the time. Not having it would be odd and you should notice it. I know we all can't carry all the time, I can't because of my job and the places I have to go, but when you can, carry it, get used to it.
This is off-topic but I used to carry every single day. At my current job I can't carry and, unfortunately, I'm getting used to it to the point where a few weeks ago we went out to dinner and I forgot my gun at home - something that never used to happen but this time I didn't even think of it because I've gotten used to leaving the house without it.

cough**Fudd**cough
He’s not wrong. Homeboy knew he shouldn’t be carrying, even though we all agree it’s total BS, it was the law in effect. He made the decision to play with his gun while he took a dump instead of leaving it in the holster - or at least NOT forgetting it after playing with it if he couldn’t bring himself to just leave it in the damned holster.

Dude was a dumbass. Acknowledging that doesn’t make anyone a fudd. It just makes them capable of simple logic. We live in the era of smartphones - if you really can’t find anything better to do than play with your weapon while you take a dump, you need to wake up to 2018. Leave that shit in the holster and look at funny pictures of dogs, or funny .gifs of people getting hit in the balls with frisbees, or Ozzie Man reviews. And if you have to play with your gun while you poop, how and why do you end up putting it down somewhere and forgetting it?

cough**Fudd**cough
So you are advocating breaking the law just because we don't like it. So you'd be ok with cops breaking the law, and Healey breaking the laws they don't agree with. Or is it just the laws YOU don't agree with?

Reading the title/headline, I thought the guy was hiding a gun in the bathroom since he couldn't carry it with him.

He’s not wrong. Homeboy knew he shouldn’t be carrying, even though we all agree it’s total BS, it was the law in effect. He made the decision to play with his gun while he took a dump instead of leaving it in the holster - or at least NOT forgetting it after playing with it if he couldn’t bring himself to just leave it in the damned holster.

Dude was a dumbass. Acknowledging that doesn’t make anyone a fudd. It just makes them capable of simple logic. We live in the era of smartphones - if you really can’t find anything better to do than play with your weapon while you take a dump, you need to wake up to 2018. Leave that shit in the holster and look at funny pictures of dogs, or funny .gifs of people getting hit in the balls with frisbees, or Ozzie Man reviews. And if you have to play with your gun while you poop, how and why do you end up putting it down somewhere and forgetting it?

Suppose Mass made a law that if you carry a gun and forget to tie your shoelaces, you'd be a prohibited person. Would you two support that law too?

What he did should not be illegal, and should never be an excuse to strip away his 2A rights. that's Fuddsville, and you're living in it.

Suppose Mass made a law that if you carry a gun and forget to tie your shoelaces, you'd be a prohibited person. Would you two support that law too?

What he did should not be illegal, and should never be an excuse to strip away his 2A rights. that's Fuddsville, and you're living in it.

Are you not reading the posts? Everyone, including myself, is saying they think the law is BS. But that doesn't change what the moron did.

cough**Fudd**cough
Stabbing someone is against the law. Get caught, go to jail.
Carrying on a restricted is against the law. Get caught, lose your LTC.
But according to your theory anyone who believes in consequences is a fudd?

If you can't keep a loaded firearm secure you shouldn't have it.

Stabbing someone is against the law. Get caught, go to jail.
Carrying on a restricted is against the law. Get caught, lose your LTC.
But according to your theory anyone who believes in consequences is a fudd?

If you can't keep a loaded firearm secure you shouldn't have it.

You shouldn’t lose your civil rights permanently for making a mistake or being forgetful. Agree or disagree?

You seem to think it’s appropriate for this guy to lose his rights or go to jail cause he did something stupid that hurt no one and was unintentional. No?

And no, I don’t support consequences for unjust unconstitutional laws.

You got bagged with your Anti-Cop agenda, while being a hypocrite. Accept your weakness. Enjoy CNN and have a wonderful evening.

Understand, you're a boot licker. I prefer to judge on a case by case. Find my anti cop statements...please. I'll wait in case your husband doesn't allow you on the PC when you should be making sandwiches. :)

What "defense? He's probably going to get a cwof and lose his license. (plus like 5 to 20 grand depending on how much his attorney charges him). I don't see any legal strategy that would free him.

You shouldn’t lose your civil rights permanently for making a mistake or being forgetful. Agree or disagree?

That's not the issue here. He knowingly broke the law. It wasn't the mistake or being forgetful, it was carrying when he was not legally allowed to (AGAIN, I don't agree with the law, but that's what it is).

You seem to think it’s appropriate for this guy to lose his rights or go to jail cause he did something stupid that hurt no one and was unintentional. No?

No, he intentionally carried when he was not permitted to. The stupid was getting caught. Personally I don't think a permanent loss of 2a is appropriate in this case, but this fits with my personal belief that there should be some amount of time where there is no additional criminal behavior and then you get your 2a rights back. But that's my personal belief and not the law, which should be changed. I also don't agree with "suitability" but I don't suggest those who are labeled as such should carry anyway.

And no, I don’t support consequences for unjust unconstitutional laws.

I don't think anyone is arguing about this on a personal belief level. But there is a difference between agreeing with a law and not violating it. Everyone has to make their own decision on where their acceptable level of risk falls, when it come to unjust laws. But they also have to accept the consequences if they are caught knowingly violating the law.

At the Nuke Plant a guy left his AR on the back hooks in the bathroom and went back to a tower, needless to say that didn't end well when a plant worker found it. When I worked hospital security A Dr left his gun In the bathroom and a CO did also. I find their are 2 categories for this shit, the inexperienced and the over confident person like myself or others who have carried so much for work and CC that a gun becomes like a pen or any other common daily item.

That's not the issue here. He knowingly broke the law. It wasn't the mistake or being forgetful, it was carrying when he was not legally allowed to (AGAIN, I don't agree with the law, but that's what it is).

No, he intentionally carried when he was not permitted to. The stupid was getting caught. Personally I don't think a permanent loss of 2a is appropriate in this case, but this fits with my personal belief that there should be some amount of time where there is no additional criminal behavior and then you get your 2a rights back. But that's my personal belief and not the law, which should be changed. I also don't agree with "suitability" but I don't suggest those who are labeled as such should carry anyway.

I don't think anyone is arguing about this on a personal belief level. But there is a difference between agreeing with a law and not violating it. Everyone has to make their own decision on where their acceptable level of risk falls, when it come to unjust laws. But they also have to accept the consequences if they are caught knowingly violating the law.

Fair enough (I sometimes forget he's also violating his (unconstitutional) restrictions).

But think of it this way. Everyone in this thread is posting their procedures for carrying in the can. If only a complete idiot would leave their gun in the can, why does everyone here need such a procedure? It's an honest mistake, careless, stupid even, but it doesn't make him a moron.

second, the state knows this isn't a serious issue, that's why they let cops do it without punishment. This is about control, about keeping 2A rights away from citizens - and this control needs willing subjects who accept their laws. They are using the natural strong sense of personal responsibility of gun owners against us. Don't let them.

Back
Top Bottom