Restricted to target and hunting, man takes firearm to work and leaves it in the bathroom

This is always going to come back on why do we have to ask the govt's permission to exercise a natural God given right. Did he break the law? Yeah, I guess technically he broke their law by carrying a firearm with a License To Carry Firearms with restrictions that violate his constitutional rights.

He played the game and asked the government for permission to exercise his constitutional right to carry a firearm. They said yes you can have a license to carry firearms but you can't carry firearms with this license. Yup, that is a libtard government if there ever was one.

Was it an oversight to leave the firearm in the facility? Yes. But no crime was committed and nobody got hurt. And if firearms training was provided to children from a younger age none of this would have been an issue. Follow the safety protocols and find out who the firearm belongs to and enjoy the rest of your day.

Any and all gun control including licensing and registration are a violation of the second amendment.

This guy should not lose his LTC and should retain his rights to own and posses and carry firearms.

And maybe just a little bit more training about awareness and his surroundings.

This action against him by the police and his subsequent legal issues as a result of his error is a total over-reaction.

this is the back door gun control. They cannot abolish the second amendment so they make up stupid shit laws in the hopes of catching someone making a mistake to restrict their rights on an individual basis.

That's how we went from over a million gin owners in this state to just a few hundred thousand.

I hope everyone feels safer tonight.

But think of it this way. Everyone in this thread is posting their procedures for carrying in the can. If only a complete idiot would leave their gun in the can, why does everyone here need such a procedure? It's an honest mistake, careless, stupid even, but it doesn't make him a moron.

Yes it does, there is no excuse for this kind of stupidity. Yes, I've made mistakes, but leaving my gun in a public place, or accidentally leaving my gun anywhere, has never even come close to happening because I'm careful and take personal responsibility. If I was to ever just leave a gun someplace I would not be thinking "oops, I made a mistake", I'd be thinking that it was a serious screw up and I need to rethink my behavior. And I would understand, and take responsibility for my actions. Dismissing it as a mistake is just BS.

But that's not what he'll get busted for. It his breaking the law by carrying that is his problem.

The stupid was getting caught. Personally I don't think a permanent loss of 2a is appropriate in this case, but this fits with my personal belief that there should be some amount of time where there is no additional criminal behavior and then you get your 2a rights back. But that's my personal belief and not the law, which should be changed. I also don't agree with "suitability" but I don't suggest those who are labeled as such should carry anyway.

That's why I feel that anyone that is not in jail or a mental institution should be allowed to have a firearm. If you don't want violent felons walking around with guns, hang them for their offense or keep them locked up forever. If they served their time, and are truly "changed men" - then give them a gun? What's that? Oh, they're still dangerous? THEN LEAVE THEM IN JAIL, and guys like the one in this story won't feel the need to carry, and then leave their gun in the crapper.

Last edited:
But that's not what he'll get busted for. It his breaking the law by carrying that is his problem.

Not sure if serious- violating his restriction isn't a big deal compared to safe storage violation.... lol.

Carrying against the restriction is a slap on the wrist (loss of license, possible fine, which doesn't usually happen) compared to dealing with a potential felony. If he only lost his LTC he could transfer his guns out and
move away.

I would be shocked if the storage charge was somehow dropped. As it is I bet they will CWOF it out.

-Mike

That's why I feel that anyone that is not in jail or a mental institution should be allowed to have a firearm. If you don't want violent felons walking around with guns, hang them for their offense or keep them locked up forever. If they served their time, and are truly "changed men" - then give them a gun? What's that? Oh, they're still dangerous? THEN LEAVE THEM IN JAIL, and guys like the one in this story won't feel the need to carry, and then leave their gun in the crapper.[/QUOTE]

I think our only disagreement is that I think they need time on the outside to show that they have changed. It isn't so easy to determine if their good behavior in jail is because they got the message or if it's just because of the level of external (outside of themselves) control. Once they are out and have the freedom of choice on how to conduct their lives, that will show if they got the message. (remember this is after a conviction, so yes they now have to prove themselves).

As far as legalisms, remember in China it is against the law to have more than one child (2 now if both parents are single children). Abortions for violating that law are mandatory if the police catch you.

Remember, if you punch a pregnant woman in the stomach in this country and the baby dies you can be charged with murder, but if she decides to off it then perfectly legal.

What is legal is according to the whims of the age, not based on right and wrong.

Aside from the obvious leaving your gun somewhere, (duh) I can't believe how many of you guys actually use a bathroom outside of your house so often that you have a procedure for it. The last time I had to make a sit down head call outside of my house was more than 10 years ago at the Stone Forge in Foxboro ( long closed). Their mashed potatoes and gravy went right through me and I knew I was never going to make the 30 minute ride home. Luckily, I was carrying in a shoulder holster.
Other than that, every day, between 04:45 and 05:30, I make a sit down head call, or as my wife calls it, a visit to the library. It doesn't matter what I eat or when I go to bed. Even on Sundays, if I don't have to be up for work, by 06:30 I am in the library.
I don't even use the crapper at work even though I have my own bathroom and it is immaculate. You guys dumping at McDonalds or Wendy's are nasty.

Oh yeah... the guy deserves whatever he gets. He knew he was breaking the stupid rules and should have been extra careful. He is as stupid as the guys that speed and run red lights with a kilo of blow in the car, while smoking weed.

so sad. the man hurt nobody. his colleagues should be grateful at least somebody is armed to protect their dumb asses. figures this was in cambridge. i do everything in my power to avoid that libtard dump.
You are thinking like a gun owner. 90% of people think "dude, what do you need a gun for?"

I wonder if this guy had STFU and lawyered up if he might have been ok. He was not caught carrying against his restrictions by the police. By the time the police arrived, his boss was possessing his firearm with a story that he had left it in a bathroom stall. Maybe he was planning a range trip after work and was legally transporting the firearm when he decided he needed to inspect it while using the toilet? Who is to say otherwise? Then again suitability doesn't require any standard of evidence normally required in a court (which is insane since we're essentially talking about permanent loss of civil rights).

I wonder if this guy had STFU and lawyered up if he might have been ok. He was not caught carrying against his restrictions by the police. By the time the police arrived, his boss was possessing his firearm with a story that he had left it in a bathroom stall. Maybe he was planning a range trip after work and was legally transporting the firearm when he decided he needed to inspect it while using the toilet? Who is to say otherwise? Then again suitability doesn't require any standard of evidence normally required in a court (which is insane since we're essentially talking about permanent loss of civil rights).

Defense would have to be that the gun was unloaded but was left in the stall with the ammo and not in a locked box (did the article mention a holster?), and that someone else loaded the gun but let it there. I think this would be a hard sell to a jury.

Aside from the obvious leaving your gun somewhere, (duh) I can't believe how many of you guys actually use a bathroom outside of your house so often that you have a procedure for it. The last time I had to make a sit down head call outside of my house was more than 10 years ago at the Stone Forge in Foxboro ( long closed). Their mashed potatoes and gravy went right through me and I knew I was never going to make the 30 minute ride home. Luckily, I was carrying in a shoulder holster.
Other than that, every day, between 04:45 and 05:30, I make a sit down head call, or as my wife calls it, a visit to the library. It doesn't matter what I eat or when I go to bed. Even on Sundays, if I don't have to be up for work, by 06:30 I am in the library.
I don't even use the crapper at work even though I have my own bathroom and it is immaculate. You guys dumping at McDonalds or Wendy's are nasty.

Oh yeah... the guy deserves whatever he gets. He knew he was breaking the stupid rules and should have been extra careful. He is as stupid as the guys that speed and run red lights with a kilo of blow in the car, while smoking weed.

So, am I odd that I drop one at 0445, another so 0930, a post lunch launch at 1400 and a nighttime bowel blast at 1900? Or are you weird for just once a day?

Maybe lanyards should make a comeback...
I used to carry my wallet with a chain in 1994. Dude should have been grunge-carrying.
Sucks for him, but if you are so clueless that you would "forget" your gun (no less the one you are illegally carrying) like it is a cellphone or a pack of gum maybe you aren't responsible enough to carry.
Are restrictions dumb? Yes
Is it a bum rap that he will likely be stripped of his constitutional rights? Yes
Is this his fault? Yup, sorry no happy meal.
It's lucky for everyone else that the gun was found and not pocketed by a thug or a kid.

So, am I odd that I drop one at 0445, another so 0930, a post lunch launch at 1400 and a nighttime bowel blast at 1900? Or are you weird for just once a day?

Nah, I do that too. Once before I leave for work, once after finishing my morning coffee, one after lunch, and an optional one before bed depending on what's for dinner.

Hell, I've already finished two and it's only quarter after 7!

Such anger! lol. Another victim lost in our society and blaming others. If you are good and ask nicely, perhaps my kids will give your kids jobs when they learn their Dad's anger left them damaged and unequipped to succeed in life. God bless our Military, Firefighters, Police and all 1st responders that add to our society. Wishing you the very best!!

My son will not be looking for a job at McDonalds. I really and truly feel sorry for your kids being raised Catholic and taught that police should be respected and trusted because of their occupation. Those poor souls will have years of baggage to shed from all that ridiculous indoctrination. I'm not sure which is worse....being taught to respect some pedophile who dresses up in a costume on Sundays to tell one they're wrong and they're gonna burn in hell if they don't comply with his asinine horse feces or being taught to lick a cop's boots.

My son will not be looking for a job at McDonalds. I really and truly feel sorry for your kids being raised Catholic and taught that police should be respected and trusted because of their occupation. Those poor souls will have years of baggage to shed from all that ridiculous indoctrination. I'm not sure which is worse....being taught to respect some pedophile who dresses up in a costume on Sundays to tell one they're wrong and they're gonna burn in hell if they don't comply with his asinine horse feces or being taught to lick a cop's boots.

What's wrong with working at McD's? I worked there when I was 15. It was my first job after delivering newspapers, shoveling driveways, and mowing lawns.... On second thought, it sucked. But it was a job.

Such anger. Anti-religion. Anti-Cop. I think you are in the wrong forum. Let me help you with directions; Take a Left and a Left. ANTIFA?

What's wrong with working at McD's? I worked there when I was 15. It was my first job after delivering newspapers, shoveling driveways, and mowing lawns.... On second thought, it sucked. But it was a job.
Agreed. Good on ya, for working hard at such a young age!! Great building blocks!! Best to you and your family!!

which is insane since we're essentially talking about permanent loss of civil rights
The federal court has ruled that an LTC denial or revocation is not a loss of a constitutional right since a MA Permit to Purchase and FID convey the minimum Heller rights. The court was not swayed by the fact that we are certain no PTPs were issued since 1998, and the state was unable to produce any record of a PTP being issued prior to that date. Furthermore, the fact that the law does not allow possession of a handgun in the home with an FID was not persuasive on the court because the AG said it did in one case.

It's also interesting to note that it has been long accepted practice that the state can punish you for exercising your 5th amendment rights, as long as that punishment is denial/suspension/revocation of a license for a privilege, not a right. The best example is the license suspension for BAC test refusal.

Such anger. Anti-religion. Anti-Cop. I think you are in the wrong forum. Let me help you with directions; Take a Left and a Left. ANTIFA?
Anger? Don't mistake laughter for anger. I'll be laughing at all the suckers filling the collection plate on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom