• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Resurrecting the Pink Pistols in MA

We have.

It's been awhile I worked with Doug Krick David Rostcheck and a bunch of others at the State house hearings and paid the fee for the PP participation in the Boston Pride Parade. I Also went to the Manchester Range on several occasions.

After these two gentlemen left the area Ma Chapter just kind of went flat.

But in all fairness the PP was trying to set up chapters all over the country, tough sell with so much homophobia.

Don't think for a N.Y.minute that Mass gun owners (as a group) were forth coming, they weren't. Doug and David were well respected but there was a convenient disconnect for a lot of folk.

I watched and wondered when people would start talking about the inclusion and utilization of the PP again within our Gun community.

I'm pleased to see the chatter. I've still got my PP shirt and pin and when we have a rally that won't be in the middle of a heatwave [health issues] I'll be there!!

Last edited:
We have.

It's been awhile I worked with Doug Krick David Rostcheck and a bunch of others at the State house hearings and paid the fee for the PP participation in the Boston Pride Parade. I Also went to the Manchester Range on several occasions.

After these two gentlemen left the area Ma Chapter just kind of went flat.

But in all fairness the PP was trying to set up chapters all over the country, tough sell with so much homophobia. Don't think for a N.Y.minute that Mass gun owners gave a shit that a bunch of fags, dykes and alternative folk owned guns and supported 2A. Doug and David were well respected but there was a convenient disconnect for some.

I watched and wondered when people would start talking about the inclusion of the PP again within our Gun community.

I'm pleased to see the chatter. I've still got my PP shirt and pin and when we have a rally that won't be in the middle of a heatwave [health issues] I'll be there!!

Hi!

Was it David Rostcheck that I was referring to and ran the Refuse to Be a Victim class at GOAL many years ago? He was an active participant in the MAF List (an Email list that preceded NES by many years).

There's another thread on here about media and controlling the message and it was suggested to try to get some big names to speak on our behalf. Wonder how Milo Yianopolis (am I even close on that spelling?) would go over in the Bay State? Anybody catch the speech he gave at his Gays for Trump party at the RNC? He may be a bit over the top for some people's tastes but, the man's dialed in. And he loves to battle libs.
Come to think of it, it wouldn't be a fair fight. He'd have half of Beacon Hill in tears in no time.

Last edited:
Liked the FB page and bookmarked the website. I have a number of friends and acquaintances who are members of the GLBT community. I don't know where they all stand on 2A issues, but you have me thinking of how to broach the subject with them. Hopefully there is a member recruit in the bunch.

Last edited:
Well it's about damn time. I know there has been talk over the years but hopefully at least something good will come from this mess we are in. I was floored there wasn't a single rainbow Gadsen at the rally, this should fix that.

I'm in to help however I can. You should start with a shoot/bbq. My club hosted GOAL so we have the facilities, it's worth having a social function to start a membership drive and I think that would be appropriate.

Liked the FB page and bookmarked the website. I have a number of friends and acquaintances who are members of the GLBT community. I don't know where they all stand on 2A issues, but you have me thinking of how to broach the subject with them. Hopefully there is a member recruit in the bunch.

Same. Maybe a flyer in the form of a bicep.

I know there's been talk of the unfortunate disappearance of the Boston Chapter of the Pink Pistols. I'm working to fix this. I was the one at the rally in the hand-written "Armed Gays..." shirt.

I'm told that the local leadership used to have a presence on NES. If anyone here can help me get in touch with folks who used to be involved, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, I have to believe there are others here that would like to help - if you're one of them, please reach out to me. Together, we can do anything.

I looked and looked for a pink pistols person but didn't see any. I guess I was looking in the wrong place. I would have loved to said hi.

I looked and looked for a pink pistols person but didn't see any. I guess I was looking in the wrong place. I would have loved to said hi.

I'll make myself more visible next time.

Hopefully, I'll be "we," and you can say hi to the lot of us.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'll make myself more visible next time.

Hopefully, I'll be "we," and you can say hi to the lot of us.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That would be simply awesome. I am making arrangements to make the trip out to Boston again this weekend to talk to my legislator in person.

I cannot get them to show on Sat. But have talked to my wifes best friend her and her wife would be interested in learning to shoot. If you set up some type of event please post and i will gladly bring them and some guns to the event. I try to bring at least 1 person to the range every month to teach them to shoot out of the last 6 4 have taken the class and obtained there LTC. Would love to help this cause any way i can

*By "minority" I mean a member of any group that has historically been oppressed. It is my opinion that gays, Jews, women, blacks, etc should be MORE likely to be armed than the stereotypical Christian straight white male.

Absolutely agree there. Sadly the political influence of minority groups is attached to the leftists who exploit and deepen differences through identity politics. That is helped along by rightists under the sway of Christian extremists who believe God demands they oppress anyone who isn't a stereotypical evangelical Protestant Christian straight white male.

Maybe ask the boss if you can get your own section on this site too?
Not sure if he would charge like having a dealer section but id pay the 30~ $ fee for the first year.
If he has to pay the dealer fee I'm am in for 30 more.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm happy to help out in any way I can. I volunteered on the national Pink Pistols to get a class together for anyone in MA (metro Boston) who wants to get licensed. So count me in if you need an instructor. In for a donation.

I'm happy to donate. I put the links on my FB page as well for my LBGT friends and fam.

I'm pretty sure 4 or 5 of them are already LTC-A though lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any updates on progress?

If you start collecting donations/money you can use some right away to do promoted posts on Facebook. You can target the promoted posts directly towards the audience you want to reach. Hopefully someone with some Public Relations background could help carefully craft a message that would help you get people on board.

Still willing to donate whenever the time is right. Let's keep this on the front page if we can.

Definitely some interesting ideas in here.

Right now, there are a couple things that are even more useful than money

1. Keep spreading the word. Groups like this build best organically. There will definitely be more directed types of outreach soon.
  2. If you're a member at Harvard, come to the monthly meeting this Thursday and show your support when I propose to the Board that we meet there for events. (Then say hi. Admittedly, I've only met very few folks off NES I feel like I should work on that.)
  3. If you are close to anyone who owns a restaurant, particularly in the Boston/Cambridge/Somerville area, and would support our hosting get togethers there, get them in touch with me. PMs here would be fine, emails to [email protected] are even better.
  4. If you feel up to it - call yourself a Pink Pistol. There's no test, nor dues, nor anything else. All it takes is sharing the basic ideal that we all deserve to protect ourselves.

John Harvard's in Shopper's World, Framingham has welcomed our group of NES'rs each month and I can not imagine them not welcoming a group from PP. The food is good, the service has been excellent and they have no problem with separate checks. They even have a back room if you have a big enough group and they don't already have a large group in there (we've only been able to get that room once so far).

Call and talk with Mike (either one, there are 2) at the restaurant.

Definitely some interesting ideas in here.

Right now, there are a couple things that are even more useful than money

1. Keep spreading the word. Groups like this build best organically. There will definitely be more directed types of outreach soon.
  2. If you're a member at Harvard, come to the monthly meeting this Thursday and show your support when I propose to the Board that we meet there for events. (Then say hi. Admittedly, I've only met very few folks off NES I feel like I should work on that.)
  3. If you are close to anyone who owns a restaurant, particularly in the Boston/Cambridge/Somerville area, and would support our hosting get togethers there, get them in touch with me. PMs here would be fine, emails to [email protected] are even better.
  4. If you feel up to it - call yourself a Pink Pistol. There's no test, nor dues, nor anything else. All it takes is sharing the basic ideal that we all deserve to protect ourselves.

I would suggest using Meetup.com to set up such restaurant meets. The only way to get the word out....assuming these potential new members are NOT routinely cruising gun websites!

[*]If you're a member at Harvard, come to the monthly meeting this Thursday and show your support when I propose to the Board that we meet there for events. (Then say hi. Admittedly, I've only met very few folks off NES I feel like I should work on that.)
I'll try to attend.

First event, this weekend!

Short notice, I know. If you're around this weekend, and want to show your support, come on out.

Plan is to start with brunch at Five Horses, Somerville, at 11 am. Hopefully, by 1 pm we can get ourselves sorted to make our way out to Harvard for 2 pm.

We'll meet up at the clubhouse at HSC, and find some space to practice. I fully expect this week to be smaller, since it's so close to the announcement.

Heading forward, the plan is to meet on the Second Saturday of each month, probably in a similar format.

Thanks again to everyone for your support.

Back
Top Bottom