Retaliation strikes by Iran have begun...

richc

NES Member
"Reports say Iran is firing dozens of missiles into Iraq, hitting U.S. forces at Al Asad Airbase. Early reports say 20 U.S. troops have died, amid 60+ missile strikes so far. If true, then we are at the precipice of another horrible war in the Middle East."

I can't say for sure it's accurate but have heard the news on several media outlets.

ETA:

Here's to hoping I can get back in with my old unit in New Haven!

8 years in and somehow never got deployed...got damn good at training though! sure would be nice to be able to put some of that to use for once.

My guess is they wouldn't be this stupid without the backing of Russia and China.

Nah.

They’re good. China don’t care; Russia does, but I doubt Putin wants to get heavily engaged here. He won’t stop them, but they hardly need Russian help to loft missiles at bases one country over.

Seriously, we needed a reason to send them back 100 years or more and end the threat of another crazy regime with nuclear capacity. This is it. Do it now and end the threat once and for all. The world will thank us, albeit most will do it quietly.

PENTAGON - The Iraqi al-Asad air base, which houses American troops, is under rocket fire

"The game has changed," the military source said, adding that the U.S. will take "preemptive" strikes if needed to stop attacks on U.S. forces in region.
That won't change the game.

Fifty million dead and the place uninhabitable for centuries. That might. Maybe.

They lost some doofus general, so what did they do? Stampede and lost a bunch more. No different than our hood rats getting shot at a hood rat's funeral.

GLASS.

Hey. NES nuke crowd:

We are not even remotely about to send nuclear missiles against Iran.

Not even remotely.

You’d know that if you gave it more than half a moment’s thought. So quit begging for it. Put away your nuke boners. They’re annoying.

Fox is reporting cruise and/or short-range missiles from Iran targeting multiple locations, not just the air base.

Reports are all across the board some are saying short range ballistic missiles. My son says they dropped rockets and mortars on the bases in Iraq all the time but a ballistic missile will evoke a huge response.

Remember, Iran spent about ten years pretty recently trying to wipe Iraq off the map. They’re well acquainted with the terrain, the politics, and the people there. They’re a regional military powerhouse, fully capable of striking Iraq anywhere they wish.

Why they’d need or want Russian backing is beyond me.

Remember, Iran spent about ten years pretty recently trying to wipe Iraq off the map. They’re well acquainted with the terrain, the politics, and the people there. They’re a regional military powerhouse, fully capable of striking Iraq anywhere they wish.

Why they’d need or want Russian backing is beyond me.
No better reason to glaze.

Back
Top Bottom