• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Revere Officer murdered.

centermass181

NES Member
Dan Talbot was a good cop, a good soldier, and a good friend. Dan was a 4 year vet, with 1st Cav, back in the late 90s, and spent 3 years with us in C 1-181 Infantry out of Cambridge. We just got the news this morning about Dan, and the few of us that served with him are pretty broke up. Please remember Dan Talbot in your prayers.

From the Herald:

Revere officer dies from gunshot wound

By O’Ryan Johnson | Sunday, September 30, 2007 | http://www.bostonherald.com | Local Coverage

Photo by WNECN/courtesy
A five-year veteran of the Revere police department, shot once in the head in a parking lot behind the high school early yesterday morning and then rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital, has died.

Officer Daniel Talbot, 30, was surrounded by others when the shooting happened, and sources said at least two of those people were his fellow police officers.

Suffolk DA Dan Conley refused to comment about who was near Talbot when the shooting happened, saying investigators knew who they are.

He said the “state police unit from headquarters that investigates police-involved shootings” is also a part of the investigation. The department defines a police-involved shooting as one where a police officer discharges his or her service weapon. Conley refused to elaborate. He said no one is in custody.

State police canvassed the neighborhood of the shooting around 4 a.m. A state police helicopter hovered over the scene for hours.

Talbot was described as a courageous, hard-working cop who loved his job.

“Dan is a very thorough, hard-working police officer. He comes to work, does his job,” said Revere Police Chief Terrance Reardon. “He’s got a lot of guts, as I said. Our hearts go out to him and his family.”

According to a source, Talbot and two other officers spent the hours before the shooting at an Acton gun range, where they must qualify once a year under department rules.

When they returned from the gun range, the trio dined at Margaritas, a Mexican bar and grill in Revere, where a manager confirmed the visit. The manager said he knew Talbot from previous trips to the bar, and knew at least one of the men with him was a police officer.

The manager said he did not know what time Talbot’s party left.

Sources said at some point after they visited the bar, Talbot, two other officers and possibly others, traveled to the rear of Revere High School.

It was in the parking lot there, about 1:30 a.m., that gunshots were fired and Talbot went down, Conley said.

Neighbors in the area said they heard between four and six gunshots. All of them said they heard the same staccato pattern: a “pop” followed by a pause, then three to five shots fired rapidly.

Talbot, a 1995 graduate of Revere High School, was assigned to the gang squad and also worked as a patrol officer, Conley said. A classmate said he was raised in Revere by his grandmother.

Talbot’s former Revere landlord was stunned to hear the news that he was shot, saying the officer was neat and quiet, and a nice man who was able to get through to young people. She said he was recently engaged, and took his fiancee on a cruise to pop the question.

“Knowing him, he would be one to talk kids out of anything,” said Aloise Stewart of Revere. “He was the kind of guy you felt proud being around. You felt safe. I told him when he moved in that I was worried about him having a gun and he said, ‘I assure you it’s locked up at all times.’ ”

[email protected]

first of all, If you guys want to have an online investigation of Dan's death, thats great, how about you start another thread and leave this one alone.

second of all, Mr. King Cast, after chasing one of your links, Ive decided not to look at anything else you have to say or post for that matter. I would suggest to the other members of this board to do the same, as Im sure we, as a whole do not wish to associated with this type of message.

This was a memorial thread, to friend that has fallen. Started by a bunch of his friends who are in Iraq, and cant be there. Try to remember that.

dr

first of all, If you guys want to have an online investigation of Dan's death, thats great, how about you start another thread and leave this one alone.

second of all, Mr. King Cast, after chasing one of your links, Ive decided not to look at anything else you have to say or post for that matter. I would suggest to the other members of this board to do the same, as Im sure we, as a whole do not wish to associated with this type of message.

This was a memorial thread, to friend that has fallen. Started by a bunch of his friends who are in Iraq, and cant be there. Try to remember that.

dr

+1 Let's keep it clean guys...Regardless of what may or may not have happened, someone who served us has passed [sad2]

I apologize if I contributed to any thread derailment. It was not
my intent. Regardless of the exact circumstances, IMO Dan
Talbot was still a victim of a terrible crime here, and there is no
denying his service to our country. May he rest in peace.

[sad2]

-Mike

Kingcast create your own thread about the pending investigation of this case. This thread is a memorial thread to Officer Talbot.

So if you as a moderator don't like the fact that I take OTHER police to task, that's your business but don't for one minute say that I have in any way maligned Officer Talbot OR Officer Briggs because at all points in time I have shown nothing but respect for these men.

I hope we are clear.

We are crystal clear. No go make your case in off-topic and stay out of this thread.

Last edited:

dr

Dan, My thoughts and prayers are with you guys and for this officers family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom