• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Review: Santa Cruz Gun Lock/Mount

Dirtypacman

NES Door Greeter
I was interested in finding a suitable mount with lock for a shotgun in my home. As I come to NES first for help in decisions like this I was referred to:
http://www.santacruzgunlocks.com/setups/completehome.html

This product was made for exactly the type of application I was looking for. A very fun surprise was to find out our very own Timber from the forum runs it. So after a day to think about it I went for it and the product was sent direct to my home in a nice package with everything I needed for the install. The turn around on the product was fast as I was excited to get it mounted.

Although I could have handled the installation myself I waited until I had a friend over to give me a hand. The installation was very simple and there was multiple options as to how you would want to mount the lock. I chose the option that mounts the unit directly to your studding with the use of one way screws. This option allows for me to change the gun-lock height to accommodate different firearms. Although the pictures I took throughout the process were horrible I still wanted to present a few of them to get an idea of the installation.

Dec19004-1.jpg

As you can see from this first picture you install the gun-lock clasp arm to the wall and the boot to insert the butt of your firearm into the floor.

Dec19003.jpg

Dec19006.jpg

The above two pictures are a closeup of the actual gun-lock clasp and the system as it was installed. If you check out the link to Santa Cruz supplied above there is much better quality of what I am showing you.

Dec19005.jpg

Lastly the fitting of the shotgun itself. This again was a simple process and after finding the right height its as simple as tightening down the set screw.

The entire installation took about 1/2 hour and that was with taking measurements for the initial locations of the gun-lock and boot. It could be done with one person without question. Once completed I tested the unit to see if I could try and move the gun or remove the gun. The shotgun would not move; either up/down or side to side. If someone was determined to rip the entire mount out there is a chance it would come out but not without tearing the entire wall down with it. This is meant for quick access and proper storage, I feel confident in this product to keep it safe from any standard grab and go thief.

The gun-lock uses a key for access, 2 are provided by the manufacturer. The gun-lock clasp has an exterior made of rubber material that will come in contact with the firearm but is protected from scratching up the surface. I highly recommend this mount to anyone that would like to have there rifle or shotgun at there ready but properly secured. It is as simple as closing the clasp around the firearm when your not going to be around.

Final pictures show the finished result:
Dec19007.jpg

Nothing there during a quick peek
Dec19008.jpg

Hey Now are you just happy to see me or is that an 870 in your...

Hope you could benefit from this review.

I was fortunate to have been invited to Timbers facility a couple of years ago for a shooting day. It was very professional and orderly. He demonstrated some products for my son and I, it was most impressive.

Sorry I did not get more pictures of the actual installation but I got what I could when I was doing it.
I am very happy that I did it. Was something that had been on my mind for a few years. It was great to have such an awesome product available to do it with. The quality of the gun-lock out shines the quality of my installation that's for sure.

I bought this mossberg lock box from another member recently. Just installed it in my bedroom closet for my 870.... Just what i needed.....
a6f80cf0-13f6-cad3.jpg

a6f80cf0-1426-975e.jpg

Sorry for sideways pics...the weapon is vertical in closet...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom