RI Multigun 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

This is a thread that lists all multigun matches in RI. For more information, also check out the "RI3Gun" and "New England 3-Gun" Facebook groups.

2020 Matches as of 7/12/2020:

8/16/2020: Bradford Sportsmens' shotgun + pistol 2-gun
8/23/2020: Wallum Lake 3-gun
8/30/2020: Tri-Town pistol-caliber carbine
9/13/2020: Tri-Town 3-gun
9/20/2020: Wallum Lake 3-gun
10/11/2020: Tri-Town 3-gun
10/25/2020: Bradford Sportsmens' 3-gun

Attached here is the current as of January, 2020 RI 3Gun rulebook, which is an outlaw "run what you brought" format that all clubs except for Bradford follow. Bradford is normally USPSA but will occasionally run "outlaw" matches that don't follow USPSA rules.

Bradford Sportsmen’s Club | PractiScore

Narragansett Gun Club | PractiScore

Pine Tree Gun Club | PractiScore

Wallum Lake Rod and Gun club | PractiScore

Elite Indoor Gun Range | Safe. Welcome. Respected. | PractiScore

Tri-Town Rod and Gun | Shooting. The only sport endorsed by the Founding Fathers. | PractiScore

Attachments

• RI 3gun rules.pdf
    150.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
Pine Tree will have a first, proof of concept, match on 6/16. Registration is open on this upcoming Saturday. Edit: per Practiscore, Pine Tree follows the RI 3-Gun rulesbook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pine Tree's initial 3-gun match went off well today. Everyone seemed to like the stages. $15 for 3 stages.

The Bradford's matches are shotgun/pistol, correct? I move to RI in September, and I'd like to get into practical shooting competitions.

There's a mix. The next Bradford match is on 9/8 and is a shotgun + pistol "2-gun" match. Bradford adheres to USPSA rules and their matches are more along the lines of a USPSA 3-gun match rather than an InRange 2-gun match (at Bradford you'll see baby carriage gun carriers, the 3-gun shotgun shell carriers, more "gamer" gear).

There's plenty of spots left open for the 9/8 match.

Home | PractiScore

There's a mix. The next Bradford match is on 9/8 and is a shotgun + pistol "2-gun" match. Bradford adheres to USPSA rules and their matches are more along the lines of a USPSA 3-gun match rather than an InRange 2-gun match (at Bradford you'll see baby carriage gun carriers, the 3-gun shotgun shell carriers, more "gamer" gear).

There's plenty of spots left open for the 9/8 match.

Home | PractiScore
I'd love to join the 9/8 match, but I don't have a handgun of my own. I think if I go to the DMV as soon as I get to RI I should be able to get one in time for the October match, but that all depends on how quickly the license gets to me. Still, I can't wait to get started in practical shooting!

I'd love to join the 9/8 match, but I don't have a handgun of my own. I think if I go to the DMV as soon as I get to RI I should be able to get one in time for the October match, but that all depends on how quickly the license gets to me. Still, I can't wait to get started in practical shooting!

If you join the "RI 3Gun" Facebook group, introduce yourself, and ask very nicely if you can borrow a pistol, someone should be willing to assist. If you want to go this route, I suggest signing up on Practiscore ASAP. Alternatively, feel free to come down and watch and ask questions and see what you need for gear.

Are you planning on getting a RI town-issued concealed carry permit? This will allow you to, once you have it, not have to deal with the seven-day waiting period. Just in case you don't know this, if you don't have a town-issued carry permit, you'll need a "Blue Card" or a Hunter's Safety Card to buy a handgun in RI.

If you join the "RI 3Gun" Facebook group, introduce yourself, and ask very nicely if you can borrow a pistol, someone should be willing to assist. If you want to go this route, I suggest signing up on Practiscore ASAP. Alternatively, feel free to come down and watch and ask questions and see what you need for gear.

Are you planning on getting a RI town-issued concealed carry permit? This will allow you to, once you have it, not have to deal with the seven-day waiting period. Just in case you don't know this, if you don't have a town-issued carry permit, you'll need a "Blue Card" or a Hunter's Safety Card to buy a handgun in RI.

I didn't think about borrowing equipment. I followed your suggestion and registered on practiscore, and requested to join the FB group as well. I plan to get a ccw permit (mostly because I can't get one here in California), and intend to take the blue card test as soon as I can. I'm definitely looking forward to not having to deal with California's handgun roster!

Last edited:
I didn't think about borrowing equipment. I followed your suggestion and registered on practiscore, and requested to join the FB group as well. I plan to get a ccw permit (mostly because I can't get one here in California), and intend to take the blue card test as soon as I can. I'm definitely looking forward to not having to deal with California's handgun roster!

You should probably start a new thread about getting your RI carry permit if you need any advice. I would suggest getting your Hunter's Safety Card instead of taking the Blue Card test because you won't have to do both if you later want to hunt, either in RI or in another state. The Hunter's Safety Card kills two birds with one stone and the test is administered both in-person and online.

Make sure you register for the match and pick a squad you want to be on also on Practiscore. Probably would be good to pick the same squad as the person whose's pistol you're using.

Yup, registered for the match. I'm holding off on picking a squad to see if I can borrow a pistol first. I doubt I'll be hunting any time soon, and the blue card test is free (unless I'm mistaken) so I'm going to stick with that route. I'll cross the carry permit bridge when I get to it, I doubt I'll be applying right when I move in. Thanks for the advice, though!

Bradford's 2-gun match went very well today. Interesting stages. I'll probably shoot any remaining matches at Bradford and Pine Tree this year. May also shoot the 9/28 PCC match at Tri-Town.

Registration for Bradford's 10/6 match opens up at 8:30 this morning. There's going to be off-hand shooting with both shotgun and pistol. Sling will be required for shotgun.

There will be strong and weak hand shooting with both shotgun and pistol, difficult pistol shots, idpa cardboard with smaller A zones, lots of movement, props, mag changes and 2 stages will require a SLING for your shotgun.

This match will not be a uspsa sanctioned match but we will be using uspsa multigun scoring and rules along with a few rules we came up with to make sure everyone is safe with the use of SLINGS.

Home | PractiScore

Bump for updates to the remaining matches - Tri-Town's two October matches are currently open for registration.

Bradford's match today was very mental, hard, but fun. One stage involved starting off while sitting on a toilet. Some physicality of running + running with a barbell.

Went to Tri-Town's shotgun match today. Four stages, one a jungle run. The MD's goal next year is to have an all-Jungle Run match.

Is Bradford having a match this Sunday (11-3)? I see it on the USPSA calendar, but there is not a shred of mention of this match anywhere that I could find.
It is supposed to be a pistol/shotgun match.
Thanks

No. Practiscore has the correct date of 11/17. Three out of four of the RI 3-gun clubs aren't USPSA, so use Practiscore to find match dates.

Today's match at Bradford was a 5-stage beast of a match. 4/5 stages involved all three types of guns. Two jungle runs. Rifle shooting distances ranged from six feet to 300 yards. This was a demo for how 3-gun at Bradford is going to look for next year.

2020 is definitely going to be challenging. But fun. Very fun.

Today's match at Bradford was a 5-stage beast of a match. 4/5 stages involved all three types of guns. Two jungle runs. Rifle shooting distances ranged from six feet to 300 yards. This was a demo for how 3-gun at Bradford is going to look for next year.

2020 is definitely going to be challenging. But fun. Very fun.
Any pictures or video?

I'm new to competitive shooting and want to get into it this year. Do these matches require membership to each club or is it more of a pay per event type thing?

Back
Top Bottom