• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Richard Tisei Called Me Today

yanici

NES Member
Richard Tisei is running against Seth Moulton for the U.S. Senate 6th District seat.

Moulton is a progressive anti-gun Democrat and is definitely not someone that the gun community could get behind.

Richard Tisei called me this morning to clear the air about his stance on guns. I had been in contact with his headquarters to explain my dismay on his views of the gun issues.

In his personal call he explained that he is a current LTC holder and believes he has an "A" rating with GOAL. I asked him to contact GOAL and answer their questionnaire. He feels that he is a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment.

The rest of the phone call was just rhetoric and nothing important. What I did take away from our conversation was the fact that he wanted me to be sure to know that he is not anti-gun owner or anti-gun rights.

I urge you to vote for Tisei for U.S. Senate.

He did the same thing when he ran 2 years ago - probably cost him the election then - probably will again.

^This.

Last election he came to our club and said all the "right" things about guns and got a good bit of support. Until he caved during the debate with Tierney and showed his true colors. People never forget being lied to. Many people would not give him the time of day now because of it.

sadly politcians are good at being polite and acting like they agree with your points of view, but either actually being noncomittal or plain opposed when it comes down to it.

Tisei might want to take a look at GOAL's recently released grades.

He's now a D-

- - - Updated - - -

Is Moulton not a real Democrat? Did not know he was anti-gun. Could you show me where?

He's very anti 2A, take a look at his website - scroll down to "gun violence" (that alone should tell you what you need to know) http://www.sethmoulton.com/issues-and-beliefs

So all you who are down on Tisei (and believe me, I'm no fan of the RINO) are saying that Moulton would be a better choice? I mean, setting aside the 2A issue for just a second, on all other "platform" points, would Moulton be the better choice? Honestly would just like to get a feel for how people are thinking.

Sounds like there's no point in voting in this particular race, unless there's a third party, or unless you're writing in Snoopy, or Stevie Janowski, or whomever the kids are into these days.

Mr. Tisei never returned the GOAL questionnaire. We had to base our grade on the available evidence, including the video linked in post #2.

Mr. Tisei never returned the GOAL questionnaire. We had to base our grade on the available evidence, including the video linked in post #2.

In our phone conversation I asked him to "honestly" answer the GOAL questionnaire. Maybe he'll get it in late, dunno. I think he's concerned about his 2A image or he wouldn't have called me.

He brought up Scott Brown's name and it was the perfect time to mention how he also turned on the gun community after gaining national support from gun owners.

Might be worth a try for the GOAL office to reach out to Tisei again. I've done all I can.

In our phone conversation I asked him to "honestly" answer the GOAL questionnaire. Maybe he'll get it in late, dunno. I think he's concerned about his 2A image or he wouldn't have called me.

He brought up Scott Brown's name and it was the perfect time to mention how he also turned on the gun community after gaining national support from gun owners.

Might be worth a try for the GOAL office to reach out to Tisei again. I've done all I can.
This is the kind of activism that will win ground. Nice work!

This is the kind of activism that will win ground. Nice work!

Not sure if serious... Did you see him squirm when the AWB and Hi-Cap mags were brought in to the discussion? It was like someone turned up the heat in the frying pan and he automatically said Yes to both in a heartbeat.

He's clearly not on the side of liberty. He is a waste of time and effort.

Not sure if serious... Did you see him squirm when the AWB and Hi-Cap mags were brought in to the discussion? It was like someone turned up the heat in the frying pan and he automatically said Yes to both in a heartbeat.

this.

lulz @ OP gettin' politician-tricked. now you know.

Yeah, it was good to see him squirm. That shows that he has a conscience, albeit a guilty conscience.

I might as well add, that in our conversation said that it is all too apparent that our politicians are afraid of and pander to the anti-gun crowd, but in reality we gun owners are not the problem.

He's a typical politician. He already knew your stance and gave answers he knew you wanted to hear. Just like Scott Brown did. There is not one politician I believe.
Call him back and ask him questions without letting your opinions known. Ask flat out his stance on gun control, "assault weapons", and High capacity magazines and don't respond to any of his questions. Get all his answers then tell him whether or not he'll get your vote.

While your at it, when he finishes, ask him about that video clip.

Last edited:
He's a typical politician. He already knew your stance and gave answers he knew you wanted to hear. Just like Scott Brown did. There is not one politician I believe.
Call him back and ask him questions without letting your opinions known. Ask flat out his stance on gun control, "assault weapons", and High capacity magazines and don't respond to any of his questions. Get all his answers then tell him whether or not he'll get your vote.

While your at it, when he finishes, ask him about that video clip.

I did bring that exact news clip up. He tried to tell me that it was old. I reminded him that it was dated during the Winter of this year. When you lie it gets compounded.

He knows he screwed up. Right now he's vulnerable. I suggest you guys email him or call his campaign office and ask him to contact GOAL. Let him get their approval. I'm done with him.

I'm still for though, not Moulton.

LesserOfTwoEvils.jpg

i-get-so-pissed-off-when-people-say-they-vote-for-the-lesser-of-two-evils-56612.png

So basically a politician told you, "Don't worry I'm on your side. [wink][thumbsup]" and 10 min later your campaigning for him. [rolleyes] this is why we're ****ed...

Nothing personal yanci, it's just that this is exactly how we ended up in the situation we are in now.

Don't vote for either. You're not obliged to vote either Democrat or Republican. Either stay home or actually vote for somebody that will protect your hard-fought freedoms.

For those saying that voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil, I agree. However, if you look at how this country's political system is set up, the voting system that we use makes it very difficult for there to be more than 2 parties. Other systems of government make it easier to have multiple parties, and if we want to ever have more than two bad choices, we should probably try to change how elections work in this country to make it easier for there to be influential smaller parties.

If I lived in the district, I'd vote for Tisei and give him a chance to prove himself. If moulton wins, he'll be in there for at least 20 years unless he tries for Gov, Sen or such. The last other than D congressman in MA was 1996. That's a very long time of all D votes.

Is Baker great for Gov? No. But if Coakley loses, her 'career' is over and she slithers off to the cave she came from. Rarely do my votes matter but I know a vote against a D can dispatch a POS D forever. I look forward to their defeat more than knowing I'll have a candidate who I really support win.

Back
Top Bottom