• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rickenbacker 4001 bass

Picton

NES Member
I’m cross-posting this, but I always like selling to NESers and if you’re clicking on this, you probably know how cool this sucker is. It’s a 1979 4001 wearing Roto flats. I’ve never really gigged it much. Azureglo finish is in great shape, minus a bit of exposed maple at the top of the belly cut (pictured) and the usual dings and dents to be expected after almost 45 years.

Comes with a contemporaneous case that I’m certain is NOT original to this bass. The case used to have some writing on it, and still has quirky graffiti on the inside compartment lid. The plastic mock-horseshoe is included, as is a D’Addario strap I attached a dive weight to in order to counter slight neck dive. But again, this thing has never really found its way into my gigging arsenal.

Disclosures: I’ve never done a single thing to this bass, in terms of unscrewing anything or messing with the wiring. Whoever took off the mock-horseshoe didn’t reassemble the front pickup cavity quite correctly, but it’s never been a problem for me. Both pups sounded great when I tested them this morning. I’ve never tried the stereo output jack. It’s a great bass, just not for me. Tailpiece lift is pictured with a little ruler; it hasn’t worsened since I’ve owned the bass.

I’m asking $2,500 with you paying shipping to your location in the lower 48 (If you’re not local to me).What I really want is a nice, preferably older US L2000, so if you have one as a partial trade (with some cash coming from you) I’m all ears! I enjoy making deals. I guess I’d take interesting partial gun trades too; feel free to offer.
IMG_3511.jpeg IMG_3510.jpeg IMG_3504.jpeg IMG_3505.jpeg IMG_3506.jpeg IMG_3507.jpeg IMG_3509.jpeg IMG_3503.jpeg IMG_3502.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom