RIDDLE ME THIS...CAN I CONCEAL CARRY?

Hey folks. I'm hoping you guys can answer a few quick questions for me please
1) Can I legally concealed carry in a hospital?

2) No boating with a firearm? As a fan of the Constitution I'm curious if this is true and if it's a constitutionally protected right. The Way I read it if I'm out on my boat I can not conceal carry a firearm? Of course i always tell the police immediately upon contact that i am legally carrying. I don't know for certaian if
that's required but it seems like the safest thing to do until they take it off of me for any reason they will try clearing it and end up shooting someone.

3) For the police to enter on to my property without a warrant I can tell them I want a supervisor on scene with a warrant on hand before they can. The same goes for my vehicle. My question is are boats different or can I legally decline?? When the harbormaster clowns or the Coast Guard (thank you) say they are boarding you for a safety check do i have to allow them on board?

People don't make sure their constitutional rights are not being violated and i hate it. The same things go for gun rights. I will fo my best to see that ALL the contents of the constitution are upheld.

Anybody??

Is it a FEDERAL (V.A.?) Hospital?

is it a "teaching hospital"? ( grey area now we are getting into what constitutes a school)

is it private property and posted? ( signs do not carry the force of law, but as a visitor you can be asked to leave and served a no trespass order )

If it’s a VA hospital then you DEFINITELY can’t carry your firearm. No guns allowed on there property not just the building itself. The VA police are useless idiots who have nothing better to do. I have seen them tell a VA employee he has no 4th Amendment on federal property and tear his vehicle apart looking for weapons because he had a plastic grenade hangin from his rear view mirror. It was just a decoration in his car and they found no weapons. He was awarded a modest settlement before it went to Federal Court because they would have got there asses handed to them.

In a hospital? If no posted signs, why not? Why not in a boat? I'm curious to know the answers also.

I'm curious on the boat stuff too. I don't have a boat now, but when I did I always used to carry when going out on fishing trips.

In a hospital? If no posted signs, why not? Why not in a boat? I'm curious to know the answers also.
VA Hospitals are federal property and its federal law and there are signs every 5 feet. If you get caught it’s a federal charge and you go in front of a federal judge. Not good.

VA Hospitals are federal property and its federal law and there are signs every 5 feet. If you get caught it’s a federal charge and you go in front of a federal judge. Not good.

The OP just said hospitals, you established the fact that VA are off limits.

Hospitals, whether posted or not are NOT off-limits in MA (assuming not a VA Hospital-ALL Federal buildings/facilities are off-limits under Fed Law).

Not a boater but I've been told that state laws apply wrt boating within state waters, so not off-limits.

When I read the title of this thread, the title played in my head using the same voice of the protagonist in this cartoon.....

sorry... couldn't resist...

ETA: warning, ear rape

As far as being boarded, FWIW, there’s this:

Reasonable Suspicion is the normal requirement for law enforcement to legally stop a motorist. That’s because the Fourth Amendment prohibits police from randomly seizing and searching citizens.

Many DUI investigations begin when police suspect or observe some other traffic violation, such as a tail light being out. But on the waterways, Massachusetts laws mandate that all boaters be subjected to “safety inspections” by boat patrol officers upon request.

So, while there are considerably fewer patrol boats on water than cruisers on land, you could easily be ensnared in a BUI investigation as officers board your vessel under a safety inspection pretext.

The above came from this link: BUI - Boating Under The Influence In Massachusetts

I will say the Ft. Lauderdale police told me that they didn’t need a warrant to board my boat to check for overboard discharge of pee and poopie.

The US Coast Guard can board a US boat for any or no reason at any time anywhere in the world. (Apparently this authority was granted by the first congress in 1700 something, but I never looked it up.)

...its federal law and there are signs every 5 feet. If you get caught it’s a federal charge and you go in front of a federal judge. Not good.

Not trying to hijack the post, but let's get a bit philosophical here:
So the bill of rights is supposed to protect us from a tyrannical government, correct?
If so, when and why was a law written that that overrides this right by not allowing us to practice our 2nd amendment right on federal grounds?

So the bill of rights is supposed to protect us from a tyrannical government, correct?
If so, when and why was a law written that that overrides this right by not allowing us to practice our 2nd amendment right on federal grounds?
Well, a step in the right direction was made here regarding firearms on Army Corp of Engineers Cape Cod Canal property:

http://www.usrkba.org/images/pdf/coreofeng10132014.pdf

I should delete, above, the mention of CCC. The summary judgement is against the ACoE and an injunction was put on propert in Idaho. (See summary.)

Last edited:
If it’s a VA hospital then you DEFINITELY can’t carry your firearm. No guns allowed on there property not just the building itself. The VA police are useless idiots who have nothing better to do. I have seen them tell a VA employee he has no 4th Amendment on federal property and tear his vehicle apart looking for weapons because he had a plastic grenade hangin from his rear view mirror. It was just a decoration in his car and they found no weapons. He was awarded a modest settlement before it went to Federal Court because they would have got there asses handed to them.

True, but isn't it a VA regulation (not a law) and just a $300 fine or something if you get caught?

Many moons ago when I took a boating course they told us that the Coast Guard had the right to board any boat.

Many moons ago when I took a boating course they told us that the Coast Guard had the right to board any boat.
True. They can board any boat in US waters. When they’re patrolling in the waters of other countries they have to have some sort of agreement with that country.

I don’t know the details of who they can board outside of US waters but if they come alongside anywhere in the world and tell you they’re going to board you’d have to be a maritime scholar to explain to them the intricacies of why they can’t.

In other words. I’m screwed.

I hear ya man. It’s very sad

True, but isn't it a VA regulation (not a law) and just a $300 fine or something if you get caught?
No. It’s federal law. I don’t know the punishment for the 1st offense but I don’t want to be the test case and risk PP at federal court because I carried on VA property. The example I gave the gentleman was not armed and the VA police f***ed up bad because they are worse than keystone cops.

No. It’s federal law. I don’t know the punishment for the 1st offense but I don’t want to be the test case and risk PP at federal court because I carried on VA property. The example I gave the gentleman was not armed and the VA police f***ed up bad because they are worse than keystone cops.

38 CFR section 1.218 specifies a $500 fine only. I didn't know there were other laws that make it doubly illegal, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Well, a step in the right direction was made here regarding firearms on Army Corp of Engineers Cape Cod Canal property:

http://www.usrkba.org/images/pdf/coreofeng10132014.pdf

I should delete, above, the mention of CCC. The summary judgement is against the ACoE and an injunction was put on propert in Idaho. (See summary.)
Yes, but the Army Corps has NEVER revised the CFR to reflect that ruling. They told the court that they were planning to change it maybe 3-4 yrs ago and have done nothing!

No, VA is US Gov't and thus their buildings fall under the same law and CFR with a 5 yr prison sentence attached.

Yes, but the Army Corps has NEVER revised the CFR to reflect that ruling. They told the court that they were planning to change it maybe 3-4 yrs ago and have done nothing!

No, VA is US Gov't and thus their buildings fall under the same law and CFR with a 5 yr prison sentence attached.
Not just there buildings, there property too. So in Bedford MA it’s a 50 building campus.

38 CFR section 1.218 specifies a $500 fine only. I didn't know there were other laws that make it doubly illegal, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Still wouldn’t risk PP federally or explaining myself to my CLEO at my suitability meeting with him after I get caught. Can’t wait to reside in NH. Lol

Still wouldn’t risk PP federally or explaining myself to my CLEO at my suitability meeting with him after I get caught. Can’t wait to reside in NH. Lol
I’ve had a firearm on board every time I’ve been through the CCC.

Now I’ve got the Morris/Baker vs ACoE ruling to point to.

The court allowed the ACoE to regulate handguns but not ban them.

It can’t be very important to them if after 3-4 years they haven’t regulated anything.

I’ve had a firearm on board every time I’ve been through the CCC.

Now I’ve got the Morris/Baker vs ACoE ruling to point to.

The court allowed the ACoE to regulate handguns but not ban them.

It can’t be very important to them if after 3-4 years they haven’t regulated anything.
Ok, I notice a couple guys posting about the Army Corps of Engineers and certain projects that I guess were federal property. I did a brief Google search and found that you are correct about the Army Corps of Engineers being overturned in a court case and they cannot ban the carrying of firearms on those projects. However, We are talking about actual buildings and the property surrounding these permanent buildings.

Title 18 Part 1 chapter 44 section 930 says anyone Who knowingly possesses a firearm on or in any federal facility faces is a minimum of one year in jail plus a fine. Which pretty much makes you a PP. And the goons on the VA police squad would love to get a notch in their belt and disarm a fellow American veteran and taking away his second amendment rights forever.

Back
Top Bottom