• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ridgeline May 2021 Scoped Carbine Class

20210514_142353.jpg

Ive pretty much setup this rifle around lessons learned taking this SPR class, im a huge believer in the platform, this setup is $$$ for pretty much anything but sustained house to house or jungle shit. CQB in Gas mask? No problem. NVG's? No problem. SPRs rule.

First time i took this course i think i used an ATACR 1-8, great optic, but i kept wanting a little more, also, paralax adjustments and a tremor3 reticle.

Alex and Rudy are both using MK6 3-18s i believe so i switched to that and my performance was noticeably better this most recent time i took it. I dominated everyone with <10x magnification at distance, and inside of 100m shooting the offset rds was more than capable.

Alex and Rudy are both using MK6 3-18s i believe so i switched to that and my performance was noticeably better this most recent time i took it. I dominated everyone with <10x magnification at distance, and inside of 100m shooting the offset rds was more than capable.
nice setup, a 3-18x at 23oz indeed makes perfect sense, thx for the input.

I did not say it was unreasonable, just $$$. :)

Dude if i was like baller rich id pay for you to go just to watch the top of your skull pop off from the knowledge firehose that alex, rudy and the boys will forcefeed you. Thats how highly i recommend these guys.

I did a scoped carbine course with another instructor out here on the west coast with a bunch of my local PD guys, their minds were blown but i was like "bruh, you gotta go to Ridgeline."

So we did, and their minds were truly blown. They're hosting Ridgeline at Scottsdale PD this fall now and putting all the snipers through it.

Last edited:
I haven't even put my 1-6 on yet and you have me regretting it like you said
1-6x pst2 is a very good glass, test it before discarding it. @PappyM3 just posted other day his groups done at 200yds done with it. for me now it is just a shuffling process.
i think i will get next a pst2 in 3-15x, to complete the collection of pst2 glass, but, just lost one that was FOREVER on sale at eurooptic for $600, and do not want to pay $800 on amazon. it will wait.

$2k+ scopes i will try in the other life.

1-6x pst2 is a very good glass, test it before discarding it. @PappyM3 just posted other day his groups done at 200yds done with it. for me now it is just a shuffling process.
i think i will get next a pst2 in 3-15x, to complete the collection of pst2 glass, but, just lost one that was FOREVER on sale at eurooptic for $600, and do not want to pay $800 on amazon. it will wait.

I wasn't gonna get rid of it, Ill just need to build another rifle

It was actually with just the Strike Eagle, which has “meh” glass. PST is a big improvement in glass quality.

I got the strike eagle because I wanted to try out the reticle before dropping coin on the Razor Gen III with similar BDC reticle.

It was actually with just the Strike Eagle, which has “meh” glass. PST is a big improvement in glass quality.

I got the strike eagle because I wanted to try out the reticle before dropping coin on the Razor Gen III with similar BDC reticle.
We have Strike Eagles at work and I hate that reticle so much

If you were based you didnt do anything as often as you could which would classify you as a used-to-didnter.
Beetle-Bailey-1.jpg

We have Strike Eagles at work and I hate that reticle so much
The BDC-3 one?

E3EEB208-EAFF-4858-ACB5-9DC643374DD5.jpeg
I’m a fan so far. It works for me at close ranges and I like that the whole reticle doesn’t illuminate. But I still need to test out to 600 before I can figure out if I want to keep it.

The scope itself though isn’t that great.

And for LE use cases, it’s probably not the ideal reticle. The simplicity and brightness of a PST-II would be much better.

Last edited:
The BDC-3 one?

View attachment 488722
I’m a fan so far. It works for me at close ranges and I like that the whole reticle doesn’t illuminate. But I still need to test out to 600 before I can figure out if I want to keep it.

The scope itself though isn’t that great.

And for LE use cases, it’s probably not the ideal reticle. The simplicity and brightness of a PST-II would be much better.

Exactly. I switched half over to VXR fire dots. LE has ZERO need for BDC imho

Back
Top Bottom