• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rifle in 7.62x39

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
I finally found a bolt action rifle chambered in 7.62x39mm that isn't 800 bucks. Its made by Zastava. I had the chance to try one and it was accurate and has a nice Walnut oiled stock.

It has a chrome lined barrel and has a rather nice finish. It was just nice to find a rifle in that caliber that wasn't 1K.

There are a few out there. I think Century was the importer.

Last edited:
A CZ 527 should be under $800 and I know Nutnfancy has a video with a company that has a $500 7.62x39[h=1][/h]

I checked around for a CZ and nobody that I found had them in stock. It was close to $700 at some places. $600 was the lowest I could find. This is a under 400 dollar rifle which is what I was looking for. Something inexpensive to shoot. Nothing fancy.

Here's a cheap 7.62x39

http://www.rossiusa.com/product-details.cfm?id=38&category=9&toggle=rr&breadcrumbseries=RFC

H_R762MB.JPG

MSRP $238

Definately check out the Ruger. I've been looking at pistols with a $700 msrp and I'm finding the actual retail prices are around $550.

What's wrong with a F"n Saiga Sporter? about $300. It's not a bolt but slap a 10 round mag in it and it's a decent deer riffle (hog too!). It's accurate enough for 100 yard shots. If you want some wood on it they make kits to replace the stock plastic furniture but it adds some weight and after hiking through the desert mountains in West Texas that plastic ain't so bad.

I do kinda like that Rossi that Zappa posted. Nice looking rifle. Be nice if it had a 5 round magazine well though.

I owned a Rossi triple threat once and just a warning the quality is a bit lacking on those. Rough edges, not the best finish and the .243 and muzzleloader didn't shoot very good groups.

I was at state line a few weeks back I don't recal exactly what it was but it was a 7.62x39 Mauser. Was only 300 bucks I believe. I almost bought it because I hadn't seen anything like ut. Of course I didn't buy it because I really knew nothing about it.

What's wrong with a F"n Saiga Sporter? about $300. It's not a bolt but slap a 10 round mag in it and it's a decent deer riffle (hog too!). It's accurate enough for 100 yard shots. If you want some wood on it they make kits to replace the stock plastic furniture but it adds some weight and after hiking through the desert mountains in West Texas that plastic ain't so bad.

I do kinda like that Rossi that Zappa posted. Nice looking rifle. Be nice if it had a 5 round magazine well though.

I have plenty of AK, I am looking for a bolt gun. Something a little different. I also called savage and asked about the bolt action they sell but they as most other gun manufacturers are all back ordered. Even with my discount with savage it still was far more money than this rifle. All the reviews I have read, including shooting Times, give this inexpensive rifle high marks. The only down side they found was the bolt handle is a little small. Almost like they built the rifle for the 22 hornet ans then added barrels of larger caliber that were laying around[wink]

Also a Saiga is not as accurate as a bolt gun IMO.

Back
Top Bottom