• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

rifle questions?

I am thinking about getting a DPMS .308 cal rifle. I don't know anything about rifles but when I saw this one in a local shop, I WANTED IT. I only own handguns. I wanted to know if there is a web site that could answer newbie questions, no matter how dumb they sound. I want to find out everything...What I can add on it(compensators, flash hider,different buttstock, grips, gas blocks, scopes etc...) I might sound like I know the terms, but I am just copying the terms out of there catalog next to the pictures that I would like to see on mine when I buy one. So if anyone can direct me to a site or lend your own advice, it would be appreciated. Thanks, Anthony

DPMS 308

I don't know which model you are looking at or what you intend to use it for. I have one of the early 24" heavy barrel .980" models. The gun is great everyone I let shoot it loves it especially women! I will tell you it is very accurate. I bought mine to use in the match rifle class of NRA highpower.
this model gun is very very nose heavy!! I put 4 lb lead in the buttstock and another 2 lbs taped to the outside end of the stock to get it to balance for offhand shooting!! The rifle now ways 18.5 lbs!! This rfile should be bought to shoot off a rest or bipod. If I had to do it over, I would buy the 18" barrel model. Also the factory standard trigger is in the 10 to 11 lb range. Spend the extra money to have a 2 stage trigger installed it's cheaper at the factory in the long run. Great guns, have not met anyone who had one who didn't love it. Best bang in an ar for the buck!! just make sure to order the gun according to what you intend to use it for in the future. I would seriously consider ordering a 260 cal. Order a new 260 cal 18" barrel model and I'll swap you. Good shooting Jim

Back
Top Bottom