Rifle socks

I do. I have always had a few of them, but when I moved last year, I tried to buy enough to put most of my long guns (milsurps) in for transport. They were pretty economical when you bought them in bulk from Amazon, like 6 at a time. After the move, I left most of them in the socks, which are silicone impregnated.

It allows me to squeeze the rated number of rifles into my safes.

I do. I have always had a few of them, but when I moved last year, I tried to buy enough to put most of my long guns (milsurps) in for transport. They were pretty economical when you bought them in bulk from Amazon, like 6 at a time. After the move, I left most of them in the socks, which are silicone impregnated.

It allows me to squeeze the rated number of rifles into my safes.

Same.here. I have one on every other.gun in the safe.

Been using them for years (silicon ones). Awesome and saves on stupid blemishes from moving crap around in the safe.

I use them on the nice rifles and shotguns that tend to stay in the safe for a long time. I wipe them down with a lightly oiled rag then slip them into the silicone gun sock. I also ship guns in them when I trade and sell on Gunbroker or wherever.

I bought a set when I got my golden boy to keep it from getting scratched. Since then I've used another one on a nice shottie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use them on non-scoped guns as well. They're also good for protecting guns from nicks when moving things around in the safes. The stocks on my trap/skeet shorties still look new. I also use Goldenrods too, and never had a rust issue.

Same. Every long gun is in a sock in the safe.

I have used them for guns that don't have optics on them, sure. For my scoped/ red dot equipped guns though, I prefer a hard case.

The rifle socks I use stretches to fit rifles with optics of all sizes. Or are some of you guys conflating storage with transport here? Or confusing rifle socks with pistol rugs?

Same. Every long gun is in a sock in the safe.

The rifle socks I use stretches to fit rifles with optics of all sizes. Or are some of you guys conflating storage with transport here? Or confusing rifle socks with pistol rugs?

Ah ok. Maybe I am. When I think rifle sock, I think of the Remington long gun sock I have which is just a wool-type sock. It's not treated, or wax-coated or anything. I only use it when I'll be transporting a non-hi-cap long gun (usually during hunting season) and if I exit the vehicle, the gun gets trigger locked and goes back in the sock.

FullSizeRender_60__25476.1432580190.jpg

don't use them myself but make sure the ones you get are impregnated with a rust inhibitor. read the packaging cause some of the cheaper ones are just that jersey material with no protection. just sayin'.

I use them for every gun I own, I have no complaints.

I'm pretty meticulous about cleanliness and storage in general, but I like keeping the wear and tear skuffs off the guns and having the extra piece of mind about moisture resistance.

Back
Top Bottom