• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rifle that feeds Aguila Calibri/Super Calibri

Anyone who’s tried the Calibri’s has probably realized how short a cartridge it is. Ruger’s rotary magazine doesn’t like the stuff at all. I have my eye on a CZ 455 Scout. Since the motivation for this purchase is to run quiet .22lr for backyard squirrel equalization, the big question is, will the box magazine feed the Aguila with the small speck of lead placed upon it? Anyone with experience here?

Are they shorter than a 22 short?
My friend had to single feed shorts in his 452 if that helps
So far the only rifles I have that feed shorts . Longs, and LR over 30 plus years
Glenfield 25, Remington 552 and a sears branded high standard

I have a nice Remington pump 22 that eats everything including Super Calibri. Bonus that the tube feed holds a bazillion of the short rounds. Probably any pump will do.

Yeah, those can get stuck in rifles. I have run them in a lever action henry with a 16 inch barrel, just keep the barrel clean. I have had them get stuck in longer barrel rifles. CCI Quiet in a 24 inch barrel work awesome and are super quiet.... Thats my current back yard game getter.

good luck

Another vote for the Henry lever 22. Plenty of capacity, quieter than a pellet gun and able to punch chipmunk tickets all day long.

I've shot bricks and bricks of Aguila Super Colibri through my old Marlin 25N, basically any box magazine fed bolt action you shouldn't have an issue with, except rotary style magazines such as the Ruger 10/22.

I've also shot a few bricks worth through an old Remington Target Master 41-P single shot with a 24" barrel and have had no instances of a "squib" or lodged bullet.

Last edited:
my experience has been that tube feds tend to work better with the shorter OAL cartridges. the marlin XT-22 (tube fed variant) or henry lever 22's work perfectly with shorts or CB's.

My Mossbergs feed them pretty reliably. Romanian M69 trainers, not so much. Model 26 Winchester gobbles them up, but you get tired of all that pumping before running out of ammo.

Back
Top Bottom