• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rifle Transportation

That’s why I always keep a soft case and a lock for it in my car. Never know when I’ll suddenly need to transport a large capacity rifle.

That’s why I always keep a soft case and a lock for it in my car. Never know when I’ll suddenly need to transport a large capacity rifle.

This. Or worst case I’ve bought something and then driven back to pick it up with a case. Not worth the risk just to get a rifle home a few hours sooner.

A trigger lock is suitable to comply with the storage statute but not the transport statute. The transport statute requires a locked trunk, locked case, or other secure container.
If it's not high-cap, you don't need a case for transport, but the trigger lock makes you legal when you get out of the car.

That said, I keep low-caps in a soft case, locked.

If it's not high-cap, you don't need a case for transport, but the trigger lock makes you legal when you get out of the car.

That said, I keep low-caps in a soft case, locked.
Most cops don't know low-capacity from high-capacity. When in doubt, arrest and let the courts sort it out.

Therefore, Massprudence dictates treating all the same . . . locked case or locked trunk for transport (and locked case works for storage too).

Back
Top Bottom