• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Riley's Gun Shop - Hooksett NH

I haven't seen a write up on this,so here is my 2 cents.

Granted,we can't buy any evil weapons or handguns there,but they have a crapload of supplies.The people that work there are always helpful,if you tell them you are just browsing,they don't ignore you the rest of the time you are there.I told them I was from MA and they knew I wasn't going to spend a crapload of cash,but they still let me check out some guns I couldn't buy.If I lived in NH,I am sure this place would get 99% of my business.

I go up every other weekend to get ammo,$90.00 for 500 rds of XM193. That price can't be beat anywhere,not even online.They also have a bunch of reloading stuff for people that are into that.It is approx 1 1/2 hour drive for me from Worcester.I also bought an original Colt 20 rd mag with the steel follower for $8.00 and a 30 round Adventure Line for $11.00 when I was there last weekend.

If only Four Seasons could match Rileys price on XM193 and stop charging $20.00 for those POS Singapore 30 round pre-bans......

I would be willing to make ammo runs for people into XM193 :p

RILEYS

Greg, who told you that you can't buy guns there?

You can buy long guns (except "no bans") anywhere in the US, as long as you buy FTF from an FFL.

You just need to send in a "Registration" FA-10 form for each one when you bring it back home to MA.

I've bought long guns in NH before and did as I stated above.

Greg, if they have pre-bans or "post-ban" configurations you can buy and legally possess here.

I love my AR15s, but they aren't the only long guns out there. :)

Posting my thoughts

I love Rileys. They have a fairly large and everchanging selection of guns. I just purchased my KelTec 32 there, and before that my Kimber Custom II 45 ACP, and an AK-47.

I never been a price shopper, but even if they were a little higher then others, but service and support I've received from them far outweighs any amount of extra $$ I've paid.

I don't know what thier prices are, but I wish that I could find a place with that much reloading stuff around me...more so that carries Dillon.

reloading1.jpg

[shock] [shock] [shock]

Look at all those wonderful blue boxes in the right bottom corner...

I don't know what thier prices are, but I wish that I could find a place with that much reloading stuff around me...more so that carries Dillon.

reloading1.jpg

[shock] [shock] [shock]

reloading1.jpg

[shock] [shock] [shock]

Saturday I made my first ever visit to Rileys....

NOW THAT'S A GUN SHOP!

Large variety of handguns and rifles, accessories, etc. Reloading stuff, targets, cases, you name it.

And about a dozen good old boys standing around shooting the breeze.

If my wife hadn't been waiting in the car, the Model 1917 Eddystone would have gone home with me! Curses!

Compared to prices in MA shops, I thought their prices were very reasonable.

Definitely recommend a visit to anyone who hasn't been before.

It's a great store ... I've heard some people say their prices are too high, which may or may not be true. Sure, if you shop around, you can always find something a little cheaper, but they've got such a great selection there and unlike buying over the internet you can actually get your hands on what you're buying first and feel it out and decide if you REALLY want it or not.

Last trip up there I went in with the intention of doing some browsing and maybe buying some new electronic earmuffs ... I came home with a really nice pre-owned Sig 226 which was just sitting in the case going "Buy me. I'm every so good." I suppose, had I felt like scouring the internet and every local gun shop, I may have been able to have gotten a gun in similar condition for $50 less, of course that would have taken lots of time, probably would've had to pay for shipping and then transfer fees, and of course I'd then have to wait for it to be shipped ... Once it's all said and done, maybe I paid $10 more, totally worth it for the convenience of being able to find what you're looking for and walk out with it that day. Oh, and I completely forgot about the earmuffs.

BTW, I call her Vera. [lol]

Funny...

I made my first trip up there on Saturday too...

BIG shop, lots of stuff to look at. I did however make some comparisons. Their prices on ammo was good on some stuff, but for what I normally would buy, were above what Carl at FS charges. Some of the accessories that I saw were a bit higher, but then again they had a bunch of stuff that I haven't seen in any of the shops in MA. They had a ton of different powders to chose from, and if you buy in bulk, they even had the 8lb containers for sale, for a reasonable price. When I get serious about buying a new shotgun, I will check out what they have. They literally have hundreds of used and new long guns on display, and their prices on used firearms was very enticing!

I didn't talk to any of the folks that worked there, the store was busy, and I knew that I wasn't going to be spending any money on guns, so I didn't want to waste their time.

One thing I did see that made it obvious that I was not in MA...
Folks were coming into, and leaving the store with rifles/shotguns out in the open. Don't know what they were doing when they got back to their cars, but it was definitely refreshing to see.

Adam

i've been there twice and both times i walked away having a pleasent experience.granted first time was to just pick up a holster,spare mag,pistol case and a hks mag loader helper thingy :p

second time was more of an exchange of merchandise,needed to do a swap on the holster.first hollllllllter was the molded plastic type(didn't like how it felt when i would draw the gun)so i picked up a uncle mikes sidekick holster.(like it much better)

will definatly go back to them.

Adam_MA said:
Funny...

I made my first trip up there on Saturday too...

BIG shop, lots of stuff to look at. I did however make some comparisons. Their prices on ammo was good on some stuff, but for what I normally would buy, were above what Carl at FS charges. Some of the accessories that I saw were a bit higher, but then again they had a bunch of stuff that I haven't seen in any of the shops in MA. They had a ton of different powders to chose from, and if you buy in bulk, they even had the 8lb containers for sale, for a reasonable price. When I get serious about buying a new shotgun, I will check out what they have. They literally have hundreds of used and new long guns on display, and their prices on used firearms was very enticing!

I didn't talk to any of the folks that worked there, the store was busy, and I knew that I wasn't going to be spending any money on guns, so I didn't want to waste their time.

One thing I did see that made it obvious that I was not in MA...
Folks were coming into, and leaving the store with rifles/shotguns out in the open. Don't know what they were doing when they got back to their cars, but it was definitely refreshing to see.

Adam

We're going to have to get several of us together and take a trip up there...

I like Riley's. Everyone has been helpful to me. There prices are not too bad. They maybe a little high on some items but overall I think they have good prices. They have WASR's going for $400. How is that overprice? Mail Order is $330 and once you get FFL and shipped it will be about the same price. So $400 is not that bad. They have a good selection of used guns. This place is like heaven to me when I go there.

EricCartmann said:
They have WASR's going for $400. How is that overprice? Mail Order is $330 and once you get FFL and shipped it will be about the same price. So $400 is not that bad.

Four Seasons has this on their web site.
Romanian WASR rifles in 7.62x39 caliber: $349.95 (includes accessories and pre-ban high cap mags)

Adam_MA said:
Four Seasons has this on their web site.

I have to check out four season's one of these days. I have to admit new gun prices at Rileys' are not spectacular, but the prices are decent.

I like to look at their used guns more myself, as that is where you will find the deals.

I also like Riley's simply for the fact that they have an awesome collection and huge ammo selection.

Adam,

I don't know where Eric lives, but if he lives in NH, he can't buy any long guns in MA. MGLs prohibit sales of any long guns/ammo to NRs even if they have a MA NR LTC.

So Carl's great prices won't help him if this is the case.

LenS said:
Adam,

I don't know where Eric lives, but if he lives in NH, he can't buy any long guns in MA. MGLs prohibit sales of any long guns/ammo to NRs even if they have a MA NR LTC.

So Carl's great prices won't help him if this is the case.

Unless the guns are shipped to a FFL. I know you know this Len. This is just for the some others.

Checked this store out today, nice people, very big selection and lots of used guns, prices seemed reasonable on the used guns. Got to test the feel of an XD40 subcompact and I see one in my near future [grin]

I will be going back here again.

The Boston Patriot said:
Does Riley's sell brass?

TBP

someone else can answer you better than me as I don't reload, but there seemed to be a large selection of reloading stuff at the back left of the store.

I have never seen a place that sell brass before till i went to Rileys.. they even sell the machines, now I am thinking of reloading my own ammo.

everytime i go there, i intend to just window shop, but i think they got the place rigged some how playing subliminal messages telling you have to buy someting....

today i just picked up some blazer .45 ACP per $10 a box of 50rds, some SA for $37.5 per 140 rd battle pack, and some wolf 7.62x39 mm for $4 per box of 20rnds.

saw a used SAR-1 that looked brand new for only $325. came so close to picking it up as SARs are real mil-spec Romanian AK's. I had to talk myself into not picking it up and convince myself my WASR is good enough.

Last edited:
Riley's

They have decent pricing on their reloading items. Whatever isn't in stock will be cheerfully ordered for you. They also have used brass in the rear room.

I've made a number of purchases at Riley's and have nothing but wonderful reviews. I've called the owner - Ralph - for advice on purchases, he would provide the pros/cons based on his experience and even took my order over the phone without a deposit. The price we agreed to over the phone was the price I paid and the items were correct.

Overall, one of the better gun shops I've been to for both honesty and selection.

Back
Top Bottom