• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Road Rage Shooting in WA- Female rider kills driver

We were told she is the one who called 911. A witness said other drivers who arrived on the scene had to prevent her from walking into traffic, then she sat down, not moving for over an hour with troopers huddled around her. The State Patrol said she was detained, but not arrested. She was released Thursday night.

Shock makes people do stupid things. I can't really see where she won't get off, but its too bad it happened.

She pulls over and what did she expect? The guy wouldn't get out of his car and come over to her? Seems like she wanted to get into it with the guy. I think she gets charged and takes a deal. No win for either side. NEVER stop in a road rage situation.

Nailed it imho. If it had been two 60 year old men who both pulled over, slapped each other around a bit and then one shot the other, the police would be approaching this as two idiots fighting followed by what, manslaughter?

But now one of these two idiots happens to be a passable looking young woman so we go all white knight on her.

She could just as easily be a crazy biotch. Another Jodi Arias.

We were told she is the one who called 911. A witness said other drivers who arrived on the scene had to prevent her from walking into traffic, then she sat down, not moving for over an hour with troopers huddled around her. The State Patrol said she was detained, but not arrested. She was released Thursday night.
Awww, the poor baby. Play acting.

Last edited:
A long time ago I took a boating safety course. We were told that "A boat under sail has the right of way over a boat under power." We were ALSO told that trying to EXERCISE that right over say a supertanker while sailing a 12ft Sunfish might not be a very good idea.

Might may or may not make right, but MASS always wins.

I've seen the Steamship Authority ferry come to a grinding halt for two kids on a Sunfish that cut across the channel in Nantucket harbor in front of it and capsize. One of those kids was my brother. The boat may not have hit him, but our father made him wish it had.[laugh]

(...and a Sunfish is nearly 14', making it a slightly more formidable obstical for a supertanker.)

Nailed it imho. If it had been two 60 year old men who both pulled over, slapped each other around a bit and then one shot the other, the police would be approaching this as two idiots fighting followed by what, manslaughter?

But now one of these two idiots happens to be a passable looking young woman so we go all white knight on her.

She could just as easily be a crazy biotch looking for an opportunity to notch her first kill. Another Jodi Arias.

She stopped in the HOV lane behind stopped traffic, he pulled up in the breakdown lane beside her and got out of his truck. Having a tough time seeing how he's not the aggressor.

She stopped in the HOV lane behind stopped traffic, he pulled up in the breakdown lane beside her and got out of his truck. Having a tough time seeing how he's not the aggressor.

Well, I could be completely wrong, I often am.

There were witnesses so it will be interesting to see what shakes out.

Sounds like she was blocked in by his SUV on her left. No telling if she could have escaped between the HOV lane and the other traffic lane, but if the bike was up against the car in front, she would have had to back it up before she could turn right and split lanes.

Ok, I'm seeing that now also in other articles. That wasn't in the article posted by the OP. If that's what happened then I would agree with you. That changes things quite a bit. This one will be interested one to follow.

Sounds like she was blocked in by his SUV on her left. No telling if she could have escaped between the HOV lane and the other traffic lane, but if the bike was up against the car in front, she would have had to back it up before she could turn right and split lanes.

Yep, that sure makes it sound a lot more like self defense.

Surfing around other links, I saw a photo of the police inspecting the right side of her bike and it mentioned that they were inspecting the left/front side if the SUV. If there had been a collision or contact it would explain why they were pulled over in that lane.

I've seen the Steamship Authority ferry come to a grinding halt for two kids on a Sunfish that cut across the channel in Nantucket harbor in front of it and capsize. One of those kids was my brother. The boat may not have hit him, but our father made him wish it had.[laugh]

(...and a Sunfish is nearly 14', making it a slightly more formidable obstical for a supertanker.)

When I took that boating class I had a total of maybe 5 pubic hairs, it was a LONG time ago and there's been a LOT of Southern Comfort and MJ since then. Although (sadly) no MJ since I'm in healthcare and they take a dim view...

I thought it was MASS*VELOCITY^2 always wins.

I think that's the formula to determine "force" but yeah, either way a little Styrofoam sailboat is gonna maybe leave a pretty smudge on a YUUUUUUGE boat... And again, Physics 101 was a LONG time ago

Never, EVER, stop that close to the vehicle in front of you. ALWAYS have an escape route. The jack@ss coming up behind you may not see your bike superimposed against the car in front of you because he's too busy changing the radio station and hit you. Having an extra few feet to move up last second or be able to squirt in to the space between lanes (even if there's not enough room to actually GO anywhere) may be what saves your a$$. Ask me how I know...

I was reading a PNW bike forum and gun forum.

Reportedly Jones, the GMC driver, had a dash cam and the troopers reviewed it. It is believed he was the aggressor and the reason she was not arrested. To complicate the matter, the anti's may find she was no stranger to the law. Someone with the same name is popular with the courts. Aubrey Tayler Bowlin is the best, full name, to use.

You basically have to submit to the beating in MA, since the courts typically hold both sides responsible no matter what. Shoot someone in that situation, especially if you're on a bike and can maneuver your way out through the breakdown lanes, and you've got a good chance of being charged with murder. We don't need self help here, remember.

It's not that the courts hold both sides responsible, it's that there's a built in "predjudice" with road rage that's
reinforced by a public perception of such things. Throw in the implied duty to retreat in MA, and then you have a
potential legal cauldron consisting of boiling turds to deal with.

That said even in MA under some narrow circumstances I can see where she might walk...

-Mike

She could just as easily be a crazy biotch. Another Jodi Arias.

LOL, not sure if serious. if his dashcam video shows him hitting her first, not crying any tears for that
guy. It ain't a white knight thing either- it's more of a "don't assault people" thing, although I bet at somewhere
in the mix she is probably an escalator of this whole thing. Maybe she hit his mirror, kicked his truck or
something like that... wonder if that is on the camera, too.

I agree most of these people are, at some level, mutual combat idiots though. It's just mind fumblingly stupid.

-Mike

Surfing around other links, I saw a photo of the police inspecting the right side of her bike and it mentioned that they were inspecting the left/front side if the SUV. If there had been a collision or contact it would explain why they were pulled over in that lane.

Yeah, if they bounced off one another at one point (or he hit her bike, etc. ) then that at least explains a more reasonable justification why she stopped...

-Mike

Pulling over, expecting there to be a confrontation, was she already locked and loaded ready to shoot? Hmmmm. Seems a bit premeditated.

Oh, but yeah, "not guilty!"
Uhhhhh.......who carries NOT locked and loaded?????? Hardly "premeditation". Reminds me of a guy that almost shit his pants when my shirt rode up and he saw the hammer back on my 1911. "Man, that's really dangerous, that's ready to go off!"

When I lived down south, I didn't own a car. I rode my motorcycle year round.

Some people are seriously unhinged about motorcycles. They would road rage about anything. I'd get raged at for not riding like an a**h***. People would get mad if I didn't lane split, or mad if I "took" a parking spot instead of parking on the sidewalk.

I've had numerous people follow me. One boxed me in at a gas station and I ended up drawing on him when he wanted to charge me.

I say all this because I can easily see this lady having done nothing to provoke this. For many, just existing and being on the roads on a bike is provocation.

My road rage plan was always to pull over. Usually the helmet cam and the realizing they'd have to exit their steel cage was enough for folks to back off. And I'm not getting in some dangerous high speed chase on a bike.

Funnily enough, the real shithead bikers rarely have this issue. They might break your mirror, but then they're gone. Down a skinny gap or sidewalk a car can't fit down.

What kind of a Man is gonna try and punch out a 24 year old women in the first damn place. This guy has to have a history of being a road rage nut case. If a 6' 2" 230 lb Male got off the bike would he have swung on him?

LOL, not sure if serious. if his dashcam video shows him hitting her first, not crying any tears for that
guy. It ain't a white knight thing either- it's more of a "don't assault people" thing, although I bet at somewhere
in the mix she is probably an escalator of this whole thing. Maybe she hit his mirror, kicked his truck or
something like that... wonder if that is on the camera, too.

I agree most of these people are, at some level, mutual combat idiots though. It's just mind fumblingly stupid.

-Mike

I wouldn't be so sure about mutual combat. On a bike, you're always "outside". You don't have the option to stay inside your locked car and call the police. If someone gets out of your car, the prudent move is to dismount and stop the engine. Don't want to end up pinned under 500lbs of hot motor when some road raging tool pushes you over.

First thing I saw when I clicked on your link. Aubrey has a bit of a social media problem. She's a hothead with all kinds of attitude.

1518340494.7165_ugc_content.jpeg

So what? Anyone with a bad attitude is open season for roadside beatings.

Nothing she posted suggested she has a violence problem. Just seems like a typical young person that uses coarse language and complains too much.

I wouldn't be so sure about mutual combat. On a bike, you're always "outside". You don't have the option to stay inside your locked car and call the police. If someone gets out of your car, the prudent move is to dismount and stop the engine. Don't want to end up pinned under 500lbs of hot motor when some road raging tool pushes you over.
Riding in Boston, I’ve thought a lot about what to do and how. You need both hands to operate the bike, so you have to decide almost instantly whether to stay on the bike and get out of there, or get off it. You have to dismount to the left and lower the kickstand, or drop the bike. Carrying in a place that’s secure and accessible with riding gear on isn’t that easy.

“Drop a gear and disappear” isn’t always an option in heavy traffic, commuters will try to kill you for lane splitting.

Unconfirmed, but what's starting to float around the interwebs is that he chased her up to stopped traffic, got out of his truck, she got off her bike, they exchanged heated words, he started to beat on her, on the ground, she managed to get up, he pinned her against the median barrier and continued to beat on her, she pushed him away for long enough to clear her gun and put one center mass. Lots of witnesses, a dash cam, and the cops released her.

So a 60 year old gets into a fistfight with a 23 year old female because she's riding single in the HOV lane and he gets shot dead over it. It will be interesting to see the guys previous history.
Its clear that we must ban HOV lanes

Back
Top Bottom