• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Roaring 20's Colt 1911 Gangster Style

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
This is part of a four year project to build a Colt 1911 .45 from each decade, in the style of that decade. This was a 1920 Colt which was "bumper chromed" at one time. The chrome was stripped then many internal parts were replaced as was the barrel. The small pins and screws as well at the thumb safety, slide stop, trigger, bushing and spring cap were nitre blued. The major parts were nickel plated after light glass beading to offset the bright blue parts. The grips are synthetic pearl. Each one in the series gets a matching case. And yes that is an original 1927 US Navy Thompson.

rQ82vPq.jpg

bOeF1qO.jpg

DW4Dc6y.jpg

An6xqNK.jpg

FKlId4a.jpg

Hr7NJlu.jpg

This has been a fun project, seven down, four to go.

Last edited:
STOP IT! you're killin' me tossing one right after the other at us. love those blued/polished accents by the way, sets off that finish on the gun.
i don't know why but the quote "you can't have any pudding until you eat you meat" popped into my head. can i have some more, sir? brilliant, greg. absolutely love your work and attention to the little things.

Silver certificates are a nice touch, and more interesting than the silver dollars most would probably use as a prop. Were the dice placed to obscure the series of the bills or are they real 20's vintage?

Back
Top Bottom