Robber Demands Money; Get’s Shot Instead

mikeyp

NES Member
Victim selection fail

A 39-year-old man shot and killed a 24-year-old man trying to rob him along Capitol Hill Street in Seattle, WA.

When the would-be robber demanded money from him, the victim drew a firearm and began firing, striking his attacker where he later died at a hospital.

Criminals will prey on those who appear to be seemingly unarmed. This is the advantage of carrying concealed, as tables are turned on those who least expect it.

Carrying concealed means having the knowledge and discipline to know the right moment to defend your life successfully. That window of opportunity is vital, meaning there is a lot that goes into reading the body language of a criminal as well as having situational awareness.

:rolleyes:

SEATTLE — Following a violent weekend in Seattle, Interim Police Chief Adrian Diaz said the gun violence in the city is unacceptable, and “people need to put down their guns.”

Diaz addressed the city Tuesday morning after two people were killed in a series of shootings across Seattle over the weekend.

Diaz said there were around 1,400 SPD officers at the end of 2019 and the beginning of 2020. But the number of officers in the department has “drastically dropped down” over the past year and a half. Diaz said patrol officers are currently spending about 60-65% of their time responding to 911 calls, which limits the amount of time officers can develop relationships with the community.

“We need that original amount, about 1,400 officers, to really be able to not only staff patrols and take a proactive stance, and also be able to engage the community,” said Diaz.

Diaz spoke hours after a 39-year-old man shot and killed a 24-year-old that was trying to rob him in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood. The shooting happened around 1:15 a.m. Tuesday at the intersection of 10th Ave E and E John St, which is near the Capitol Hill light rail station.

When officers arrived, they found the 24-year-old on the sidewalk with a gunshot wound. The man was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The 39-year-old man told police 24-year-old was trying to rob him when he opened fire. Officers are interviewing the 39-year-old “in an attempt to understand what led up to the shooting,” according to an SPD Blotter post.

Easy, shitbag made a bad choice

it's 'gets', not 'get's'
I was biting my tongue but can’t help myself.

That was a nice grammar Nazi attempt.

Both are incorrect.

I have never even seen “gets’ “ used before… ever. [rofl]

That’s a plural possessive which means nothing in that sentence.

Go back to bed.

I was biting my tongue but can’t help myself.

That was a nice grammar Nazi attempt.

Both are incorrect.

I have never even seen “gets’ “ used before… ever. [rofl]

That’s a plural possessive which means nothing in that sentence.

Go back to bed.
ummm, I think you'll want a coffee and to more carefully reread what he wrote.

he used single quotes (a bad choice, for clarity reasons) to bracket the entire word gets as a comparison to the "greengrocer's apostrophe" in get's

It seems you can tell a writer's age by whether he knows how to use apostrophes.
I wonder if that's true. I see the "greengrocer's apostrophe" used by people of all ages and levels of education. More often than not, I think it is the result of a lack of care - especially in informal writing on the internet.

The 39-year-old man told police 24-year-old was trying to rob him when he opened fire. Officers are interviewing the 39-year-old “in an attempt to understand what led up to the shooting,” according to an SPD Blotter post.

Translation; "Officers are interrogating the 39-year-old in an attempt to charge him for stopping the robbery and likely saving his own life"

Back
Top Bottom