• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Romanian semi autos

SKS Ray

NES Member
I took a few pictures today of some Romanian semi autos against a Romanian flag backdrop. I didn't really get the lighting I wanted, probably because it was fairly early this morning and the sun was at a bad angle. That and I think because the flag's colors are so vivid that its altering the way the image comes out.
I may play around with the photo editing software I have and see what I can change.
Either way one of these is going in the Parallax contest this month. Its an AK semi auto theme this month.[grin]

Romanian.jpg

RomanianDragunov.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a SAR-1 in the background?

I didn't know they had stainless bolt carriers -- mine doesn't.

I didn't know they had stainless bolt carriers -- mine doesn't.

It had the typical bluing with crude machining. I buffed the grind marks off and polished the bolt. I think it gives it a more Russian look.
When I got it, SAR1s were all over the place for $300. I wasn't thinking collectable and keeping it original.

I took a few pictures today of some Romanian semi autos against a Romanian flag backdrop. I didn't really get the lighting I wanted, probably because it was fairly early this morning and the sun was at a bad angle. That and I think because the flag's colors are so vivid that its altering the way the image comes out.
I may play around with the photo editing software I have and see what I can change.
Either way one of these is going in the Parallax contest this month. Its an AK semi auto theme this month.[grin]

Pics look good to me Ray. What kind of camera do you have? Can you set the white balance and shutter speed and /f stop manually on it? If so here's a trick you can try to get the right exposure. With the sun behind you take a measurement of the palm of your hand. That should be close enough to a perfect exposure. You could also invest in a cheap light meter.

Another trick would be to take one picture with something that's pure white in it (a sheet of paper works). Use that picture along with your photo editing software to set the white balance for the rest of the pictures you take.

Victor

Last edited:
Pics look good to me Ray. What kind of camera do you have? Can you set the white balance manually on it. If so here's a trick you can try to get the right white balance. With the sun behind you take a white balance measurement of the palm of your hand. That should be close enough to the actual white balance.

Another trick would be to take one picture with something that's pure white in it (a sheet of paper works). Use that picture along with your photo editing software to set the white balance for the rest of the pictures you take.

Victor

Sounds chinese to me.[laugh]

I'm only using a Kodak Easy Share with 5.0 MP. Thanks for the info but for now I think I'll leave the fancy camera work to you guys and stick to point and shoot.[wink]

Romanian.jpg

I have been waiting to get home to see your pics - pics get blocked at work.
I like this one the best - I just like the two of semi autos together in that "pose" - the colors are outstanding!

Back
Top Bottom