• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Romanian SKS and a quick range trip

mac1911

NES Member
I sold off a ton of stuff in the past month. My wife told me she had a little money set aside for my birthday gift. Well she gave it to me early. I have been looking for a romy SKS for a while but the 350+ price tags I have been finding where not to my likes.

Anyway this a 1959 romy imported by Century rated in good condition. The stock is cracked but repaired, blueing is better than described. bore is Shiny and strong.
I like shoot-AHs. I think I got one.

off the bench with a 25# shot bag as a rest, 100y. wolf mil clasic 762x39

100_1602.jpg

100_1599.jpg

This was a quick trip only 30 rounds. 10 function,10 sight in, 10 with quick front sight adjustments

About right - 4MOA with the standard Wolf flyer thrown in! Congrats on your B-Day present. Make sure you reciprocate for the Wifey - fuzzy slippers are good!

I was up late last night looking for those darn slings.

Either one of these shown in this link
http://www.carbinesforcollectors.com/romanian_sks.html
will be correct. The later version w/out the buckle is found on a lot of Romanian AKs and are still available here and there. I bought 3 of the buckle version slings from a seller on Gunboards a while back but I think he's out of them now. I'll keep an eye out and if I see one I'll PM you.

It has turned out better than described, except for the big crack in then stock, mentioned a crack stock but should have been described as broken then repaired. below was the description. No bargin on the price but cheaper than what I have been comeing across in aprox same condition.

Good

25-50% Blue remaining.

Stocks marred several dings in wood.

Bores slightly worn and dark.

No corrosion that will interfere with proper functioning.

Complete and in working condition.

Nice looking Romy. Most of them on the market today look pretty bad. Both inside and out. From the looks of your target its a good shooter too! Congrats.

I more than pleased wit the accuracy so far with just the wolf mil calsic stuff. I have some of the brass cased yugo ammo that shot very well out of my russian SKS. It is corrosive, but I clean as if all ammo is corossive. It maybe a long while before I shoot any particular gun again. I rotate whats in the safe, 22 bolties are up next.

Back
Top Bottom