• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger 10/22 Rail

Yup, I have had 3 with rails and scopes. The rail that comes with it is kinda crappy. I bought Weavers and they seem to work better.

The 10/22 typically comes with a Weaver-style rail. Depending on what that Trijicon has for a mount/base on it, it might not go on.

The good news, however, is that you can buy 1913-spec rails for the 10/22 receiver. And they're usually not that expensive, either.

I put a LaRue rail on it and I love it. Here's a couple of pics with my Trijicon Reflex and Leupold 3x7 on it.
I can't wait to shoot it to see how it does.

02_13_2014001a_zpse33ff0b0.jpg

02_13_2014002a_zpsdfbb98fc.jpg

Standard "rimfire" rails are narrower than Picatinny, you can get standard-width rails, or even a dual-width rail.

The only really tricky part about mounting a rail is the screws. Aside from the ease of stripping out the threaded holes in the receiver, some rails come with long screws which can protrude into the receiver, interfere with the free movement of the bolt. Lastly, use a pinhead-sized drop of blue loctite to keep the scews from backing out.

Also see the [thread=25961]ancient thread[/thread].

Back
Top Bottom