Ruger MK III Mags won't drop.

Cuz

NES Member
Is anyone else having problems getting magazines to drop free on their Ruger MK III? I've been told it has to do with the magazine disconnector safety but would like to confirm if this is true. I've checked a few other shooters guns with the same result. None of the magazines drop free if the slide is locked back. Anyone know of any info to remove or disable this function to get the mags to drop free?
Thanks,
-Cuz.

I have this problem on my MKIII too. But I don't see it as a real problem since I don't really need to do quick reloads with it.

But yes, if I push the mag release button the mag will pop out 3/4" or so and hold there. I have this problem with the 2 mags it came with from the factory as well as 2 other factory mags. The two sets of mags are definitely from different batches as 2 of them are smooth on the knob for pulling down the mag spring, and 2 of them have a design.

Also, I had this problem before and after a good cleaning and complete disassembly. I haven't tinkered with anything and don't intend to, but I'd be curious to see if someone worked this out relatively easily.

I shoot mine in plate matches and it certainly makes a difference having to pull the mag out rather than have it drop free. I have 5 mags and they all do it. It is not a magazine related problem, it is definately the gun.

-Cuz.

Check the plastic spacer at the rear of the magazine well (where the european style release is on older Rugers). This part looks like it maintains some friction on the magazine and could be preventing it from falling free.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom