Ruger PC Carbine question about stock and mags in MA

aLuckyFourteen

NES Member
Hi all, I just yesterday picked up a new Ruger PC Carbine 9mm model 19126 (Ruger® PC Carbine™ Autoloading Rifle Model 19126). I'm in MA so needed a state compliant version. I have a few questions that I can't answer myself after searching and reading through the manual. Hoping you all can help.

1. The stock is fixed, but I was under the impression that in MA it could be adjusted but then had to be pinned into place after adjusting. The stock has the adjustment lever but I can't seem to figure out what needs to be done to get it to adjust and then pinned again. I only can figure out how to remove it altogether. The manual doesn't mention anything (unless I missed it). The factory setting is a little long for my frame so I'd like to shorten it a bit.

2. The mag is of course 10 rounds. It comes with a swappable Glock mag receiver so I may use it and try to find older MA-legal, pre-ban Glock mags. I'm guessing these are very difficult to come by and I will read the sticky thread on identifying pre-ban Glock mags. However, for the Ruger experts here, I'm also wondering if there are older, pre-ban SR-9 (or compatible) Ruger mags that were made some time ago that might also work and be MA legal. That way I can also still use the 10-rd Ruger mag that came with the rifle. I'm open to go either direction, just never bought pre-ban mags before so not sure exactly where to look.

Thanks!

Last edited:
As for Glock magazines, Unless they say "LE or GOVT" on them or are the brand new style with dual release slots, then they CANNOT BE PROVEN TO BE POST BAN according to the MANUFACTURER.

Internet Glock Jockeys and self proclaimed experts will argue otherwise on to infinity..........................

As for Glock magazines, Unless they say "LE or GOVT" on them or are the brand new style with dual release slots, then they CANNOT BE PROVEN TO BE POST BAN according to the MANUFACTURER.

Internet Glock Jockeys and self proclaimed experts will argue otherwise on to infinity..........................

Thanks for the reply. I'm doing more research and thinking it's probably not worth it. <sigh>

Thanks for the reply. I'm doing more research and thinking it's probably not worth it. <sigh>

It depends what its use is going to be. I own pre-ban Glock and AR mags, but in most circumstances use Glock and magpul 10 round mags respectively, loaded with 5 rounds each. Its good to practice reloads. I want my gun to run empty a lot.

And if you are going to play in local PCC games, they all limit you to 10 rounds per mag anyway.

If this is ever going to be used for "real" uses, then spend the money on a couple of pre-ban 30 round Glock (glock brand) mags.
Contrary to what you said, they are not difficult at all to find. They just cost money.

If its going to be a toy, then 10 rounds is all you ever need for playing around.

It depends what its use is going to be. I own pre-ban Glock and AR mags, but in most circumstances use Glock and magpul 10 round mags respectively, loaded with 5 rounds each. Its good to practice reloads. I want my gun to run empty a lot.

And if you are going to play in local PCC games, they all limit you to 10 rounds per mag anyway.

If this is ever going to be used for "real" uses, then spend the money on a couple of pre-ban 30 round Glock (glock brand) mags.
Contrary to what you said, they are not difficult at all to find. They just cost money.

If its going to be a toy, then 10 rounds is all you ever need for playing around.

Thanks for the thorough response. This is mainly for home defense and of course some time at the range. I'm happy to spend the money on pre-ban Glock brand mags, just concerned about some overzealous DA saying, "Prove they were made before the AWB".

Thanks for the thorough response. This is mainly for home defense and of course some time at the range. I'm happy to spend the money on pre-ban Glock brand mags, just concerned about some overzealous DA saying, "Prove they were made before the AWB".
"The burden of proof in a criminal case rests on the prosecution, with no requirement that the defendant prove that he is innocent."

"The burden of proof in a criminal case rests on the prosecution, with no requirement that the defendant prove that he is innocent."
I guess you've never been in a MA courtroom. I've seen the exact opposite. Although I'll agree with you that the law says the burden is on the state. They twist it in reverse and the judges allow it.

MA's Jim Crow clown shoe courts have held that you only get to practice the 2A alone. Not in conjunction with other amendments like the 5th.
"Are these mags preban?" -DA
"I plead the 5th" -You
"GUILTY" -The judge scrawling out his decision in Crayola

I guess you've never been in a MA courtroom. I've seen the exact opposite. Although I'll agree with you that the law says the burden is on the state. They twist it in reverse and the judges allow it.
Yeah I know, this state is f*cked.. I can't wait to move to Montana or Wyoming

1. The stock is fixed, but I was under the impression that in MA it could be adjusted but then had to be pinned into place after adjusting. The stock has the adjustment lever but I can't seem to figure out what needs to be done to get it to adjust and then pinned again. I only can figure out how to remove it altogether. The manual doesn't mention anything (unless I missed it). The factory setting is a little long for my frame so I'd like to shorten it a bit.

What I have done with "pinned stocks" is find the pin that is holding it... Normally one side will be open...

Once you find it figure out where it is on the other side (that will be closed in)...

What I have done from there is figure out the correct drill size and drill out the plastic on the stock to open it up... Then push out the old pin and install a longer one...

Or you can just find the pin and drive it though with a hammer and a punch... You can drive it all the way through or to were you see it dimple the other side of the tube and then take a punch from that side and drive it back through... Then take a drill and clean up the hole and then install a longer pin...

As far as shortening it you would have to get the pin out as said above then put the stock where you want it, hopefully it lines up with one of the holes on the tube... If not you will have to drill through the tube and then install the longer pin...

Just take your time and it should come out fine...

The non legal way would be leaving the stock unpinned or put a pin with a pull ring on it, that way you can pin the stock and then remove it and adjust the stock and reinsert the pin... Again those are the "NON LEGAL WAYS" and may or may not get you in trouble with Martha... It's the "Don't try this at home way"...

Good Luck

What I have done with "pinned stocks" is find the pin that is holding it... Normally one side will be open...

Once you find it figure out where it is on the other side (that will be closed in)...

What I have done from there is figure out the correct drill size and drill out the plastic on the stock to open it up... Then push out the old pin and install a longer one...

Or you can just find the pin and drive it though with a hammer and a punch... You can drive it all the way through or to were you see it dimple the other side of the tube and then take a punch from that side and drive it back through... Then take a drill and clean up the hole and then install a longer pin...

As far as shortening it you would have to get the pin out as said above then put the stock where you want it, hopefully it lines up with one of the holes on the tube... If not you will have to drill through the tube and then install the longer pin...

Just take your time and it should come out fine...

The non legal way would be leaving the stock unpinned or put a pin with a pull ring on it, that way you can pin the stock and then remove it and adjust the stock and reinsert the pin... Again those are the "NON LEGAL WAYS" and may or may not get you in trouble with Martha... It's the "Don't try this at home way"...

Good Luck

Very helpful, thank you.

Regarding Ruger mags, since the SR9 series wasn't introduced until 2007, it would be impossible to claim your magazine is pre-ban.
Ruger should have just stuck with the "P89" style mags with the SR series and up to present day. Would have been easier for customers and for Ruger.

Back
Top Bottom