Ruger Releases M-LOK PC Carbine in 9mm + 40 S&W Models

Now this looks pretty sweet: Ruger® PC Carbine™ * Autoloading Rifle Model 19126
  • Suggested Retail$799.00
1.jpg

Is that a normal sized mag? It looks so tiny in the magwell. That mag nub is a deal breaker. Looks absolutely ridiculous.

Not a fan for the money at all. 800 smackers is too much dough for it. I got mine for like $475? That was borderline but I do love it.

Getting in early on a potential future ban. Plus it's more compact top-to-bottom than an AR for putting on the rack in your pickup. For those that do that sort of thing elsewhere.

I think the days of rifle racks in pickups ended about 30 years ago. I haven't seen a rifle rack in a truck since I lived in Texas in the 70's.
Haven't seen one anywhere yet here in Kentucky. Its just an invitation to a theft with all the junkies nationwide.

A .45acp model with a threaded barrel and that takes regular 1911 mags would sell big time. Why they even bother with .40 cal is beyond me.

Why anyone would bother with 1911 mags in a PCC is beyond me...

Because they're cheap and plentiful and function. The Camp .45 used them and they were very popular. Go try to buy a Camp .45....very few for sale....people like them too much to sell them.

Because they're cheap and plentiful and function. The Camp .45 used them and they were very popular. Go try to buy a Camp .45....very few for sale....people like them too much to sell them.

Glock 21 mags would make far more sense.... 13 rounds, reliable, and not terribly expensive (I'm ignoring MA bullshit for the sake of discussion because I rarely think it's relevant). Not to mention you can get those Vector adapter kits to turn them into big happy sticks.

-Mike

Why didn't they make a version of the MOE handguard that would allow for a flush rail from the receiver to barrel AR style? That would have allowed for back up iron sights.

Got to shoot the new Ruger today at IDPA Live Free or Die match- pretty nice! It's got some weight to it, but handles and moves great.
Same. And the trigger is really slick. I think the only criticism I have is the mag release. If they want this to be a competition PCC it’s needs to be located in a better spot for faster reloads. The Ruger rep did say that techwell? makes an extended mag release?
I really liked it.

A guy that frequents our club plate shoots brought in a marlin camp carbine in 45acp once and let us try it. What a cool little rifle. Had a maine birch stock and was in excellent condition. Don't see those too often.

If ruger releases this in 45acp I'm buying.
I have the Camp Carbine in 9MM, takes S&W 59/69 series pistol mags. Tons of hi cap S&W mags for sale out there. The 45 ones are more rare.Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 9.29.41 PM.png

Last edited:
I also have the original Ruger carbine 1997 version non take down traditional rifle looks. black plastic stock. I think pistol grips and folding stocks etc. will show up soon in aftermarket. Lots of PCC owners out there. The entry level price of around $400 makes it very attractive . Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 7.20.51 PM.png

Do the Glock mag adapters for pre-ban mags guarantee a mag drop when the release is pressed? I need another 9mm PCC like I need a hole in my head, but I could be tempted for the right price.

10mm, 45ACP? I’d be standing in line overnight like it was the 90s for concert tickets.

Do the Glock mag adapters for pre-ban mags guarantee a mag drop when the release is pressed? I need another 9mm PCC like I need a hole in my head, but I could be tempted for the right price.

10mm, 45ACP? I’d be standing in line overnight like it was the 90s for concert tickets.

All my Glock mags drop free from my Ruger PC9.

I'd be right with you in line for a .45 version.

I wish someone still made a wood 9mm or even 45.

Is there a patent on these? It would be cool if some startup company started making them again. Those and the Ruger .44 lever and autoloader would make a killing!

A .45acp model with a threaded barrel and that takes regular 1911 mags would sell big time. Why they even bother with .40 cal is beyond me.
I do think 9mm is better in a PCC, but for all those buying the cheap used .40's Ruger sees a potential market for a PCC in .40. Given the design of the Ruger they can probably make mag adapters for whatever pistols are most common, so if people start buying S&W M&P .40s, Ruger can make the carbine in that mag configuration.

That doesn't mean I'd run out and buy a .40 carbine over a 9mm, just saying there are reasons Ruger is making one.

Back
Top Bottom