• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RUN-N-GUN Event! The "Hora Dolor". Townsend Fish and Gun club. Sept 30th.

steel is the shiznit. joe, did i already give you the name of the person who did ours?

he repairs the broken plates for free and at the rate we trash them he is working on new ways to improve the design to make it more robust.

Why exactly does it have to be non-lethal? I mean.. it's not like we are grabbing up a valuable species. They seem to make more every day.

As to the run itself. I think we could stuff in a lot of pain into the existing distance. A 5k would be a bit much perhaps. But more events would be pretty easy.

Steel on the pistol range is a likelihood. If not for simplicity, but for cost and ease of reset. Though it would clearly dumb it down a touch. Maybe we'll add a math stage too. Though that might benefit the last winners. Hmm.. I dunno, rest assured, you won't leave the club thinking "gee Sweetjeep and Joe didn't even try!"

I'm awful at math =p

If Mr. X has 50 rounds of ammo and 20% are .223, 10% are .45acp, and the rest are .308, what time is it?

So Joe and I are having a late lunch today to discuss plans for the next marathon of pain.
No secrets will be revealed. In part because we weren't 100% sure what we were going to do until the evening before the last event..

i've got the gear, i want to do an event bad so hurry the F up and plan one. i've got the ammo, i've got the guns, i've got the gear, and soon i'll hopefully have insurance that my health will be GOOD finally and i'll be out of a cycle of worry that's been going on for the past six or so years. woo!

I for one understand that some people don't want to or can't run 5 miles so i can see if its not going to be longer. But I just hope its still a 2 gun event format in the end and it doesn't detract from that along with the pain factor. I was wondering how about having soda bottles filled with soda for bonus shots? The exploding stuff is expensive and not all ranges like it but water with food coloring makes for some cheap semi fun bonus shots.

I for one understand that some people don't want to or can't run 5 miles so i can see if its not going to be longer. But I just hope its still a 2 gun event format in the end and it doesn't detract from that along with the pain factor. I was wondering how about having soda bottles filled with soda for bonus shots? The exploding stuff is expensive and not all ranges like it but water with food coloring makes for some cheap semi fun bonus shots.

I have saved at least a 100 empty plastic baby formula bottles, they are the size of coke can and are red. I used to bring them to range to shoot them. I'd be happy to donate them all, well, my wife would be happy to get rid of those boxes. Please take them while I still have them.

*WINTER CHALLENGE PREVIEW*

(say this in the deep announcer guy voice)

From the minds forged in the Excruciathalon. Then made you cry with the Hora Dolor.
(bum buh buuhhhhh)

Hora Dolor - Frozen Redemption - (name subject to change)

Featuring - More shooting
Less Complication
More Competition
Coming back is Mr. Clint P. RIFLES
His sidekick James PISTOLS
and introducing - SHOTGUN Nicole

Coming to the Townsend Fish and Gun club THIS WINTER winter winter winter

From the minds forged in the Excruciathalon. Then made you cry with the Hora Dolor.
(bum buh buuhhhhh)

Less Complication
More Competition

This makes me soooooooo happy [smile]

(bum buh buuhhhhh)

Less Complication
More Competition

Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome

This makes me soooooooo happy [smile]

You will be duly happy when you participate in it. The two of us had lunch....it was a very productive lunch. We left giggliing......like devil-horn topped cherubs. "Why yes, Pinky, that's exactly what we'll do today".....Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain....

Sounds interesting, I'm potentially in if it doesn't conflict with anything else I have going on, and I can borrow guns in state(i provide ammo). What about doing it back up at Monadnock again, like the Excruciathalon?

(bum buh buuhhhhh)

Less Complication
More Competition

Sounds nifty.

How about "Winter War"?

http://bit.ly/R1WAX2

Here's a couple things I thought of with this:
snowshoeing
xc skiing
skates (is there a pond at the club?)
one shot only at something (a quarter?)
a playing card (divide one deck amongst all participants) to see how many shots it takes to cut in half
hang 3 NECCO wafers from some tape, and weigh remnants after 6 shots
add ankle weights or other "equalizers" to teams in the lead, to make it closer

This all sounds fun, but I have a titanium hip, and doc says I shouldn't run on it due to repetitive pounding. If I can do this with minimal running, it might be OK. By "running", that means putting on miles every day. A little here and there is likely OK. Right?

This all sounds fun, but I have a titanium hip, and doc says I shouldn't run on it due to repetitive pounding. If I can do this with minimal running, it might be OK. By "running", that means putting on miles every day. A little here and there is likely OK. Right?

You'll be in good company. Adam doesn't run either. And guess what...the walking team didn't lose! Next time we'll place higher. We may need to deploy booby traps, but so be it. [wink]

had the procedure today, going for another in december, hopefully we'll be good to go this time around. i seriously cannot wait for this. at all. i want it to happen now in fact.

I can't believe how everyone is super-excited, it's like it's not Hour of Pain, but more like Hour of Free Ammo or Hour of Free Shoes. The proper response should be "oh, no, not again, PAIN AWAITS !!! "

I can't believe how everyone is super-excited, it's like it's not Hour of Pain, but more like Hour of Free Ammo or Hour of Free Shoes. The proper response should be "oh, no, not again, PAIN AWAITS !!! "

Free shoes?! ;)

If we were pain-adverse, we wouldn't be gun owners in MA.

Sounds interesting, I'm potentially in if it doesn't conflict with anything else I have going on, and I can borrow guns in state(i provide ammo). What about doing it back up at Monadnock again, like the Excruciathalon?

Talk to Atmay about that. Alex provided that event, and it spawned this one. Joe and I just happen to have enough free time and willingness to do it. Atmay is willing, I believe, to do more events, but they are up to him.

Back
Top Bottom