• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RUN-N-GUN Event! The "Hora Dolor". Townsend Fish and Gun club. Sept 30th.

Sounds nifty.
This all sounds fun, but I have a titanium hip, and doc says I shouldn't run on it due to repetitive pounding. If I can do this with minimal running, it might be OK. By "running", that means putting on miles every day. A little here and there is likely OK. Right?

Alright.. so here is the deal...

Don't be a pussy. Like Nicole pointed out, she and Adam walked.. and, somehow, failed to lose. This isn't making fun of the actual losers mind you, they got their name on a sweet sweet trophy. And made fun of. But I think they had no shortage of a good time.

Some people came out and competed, some people came out for the simple effort of doing it. All had fun, even (I think) the father and son team who took a right at Albuquerque and ran roughly 2 extra miles.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe how everyone is super-excited, it's like it's not Hour of Pain, but more like Hour of Free Ammo or Hour of Free Shoes. The proper response should be "oh, no, not again, PAIN AWAITS !!! "

hahahaha. well put!

Things will be different this time.. and more awesome and more pain if you choose to seek it. Think.. more sprint, less marathon.

Alright.. so here is the deal...

Don't be a pussy. Like Nicole pointed out, she and Adam walked.. and, somehow, failed to lose. This isn't making fun of the actual losers mind you, they got their name on a sweet sweet trophy. And made fun of. But I think they had no shortage of a good time.

Some people came out and competed, some people came out for the simple effort of doing it. All had fun, even (I think) the father and son team who took a right at Albuquerque and ran roughly 2 extra miles.

- - - Updated - - -

hahahaha. well put!

Things will be different this time.. and more awesome and more pain if you choose to seek it. Think.. more sprint, less marathon.

I'd like to say that not only did we come in last, it was dead last, not even close last!!!!!
We ended up walking all but about 200 yards and shot like shit. But that trophy was wicked sweet and more importantly made me realize that I'm about 1 pound of bacon shy of cardiac arrest.

That being said, it's motivated me to go back to the gym and right now I am promising everyone we will finish no worse than second to last on the winter torture session.

The gauntlet is thrown, STRIVE FOR MEDIOCRACY!!!!!

Last edited:
Free shoes?! ;)

If we were pain-adverse, we wouldn't be gun owners in MA.

hmm, that's a good point [rofl]
Hey, we had a three member team, one of whom smoked a cigar as the course was traversed. How can you lose when you are that badass? [rofl]

well, technically you had 8 legs on your team, so that's like 2 teams ... why don't you let Dad shoot??? we all saw the photo of him with 1919 ... ATF will find out about his unlicensed hobby soon enough [laugh]

I've been following this thread and it sounds right up my alley...only problem it seems is that some sort of a .45 is needed for pins....shucks, looks like I'll need to buy a new gun.[laugh]

All had fun, even (I think) the father and son team who took a right at Albuquerque and ran roughly 2 extra miles.

Confirmed: Team Squiggly had a blast.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been following this thread and it sounds right up my alley...only problem it seems is that some sort of a .45 is needed for pins....shucks, looks like I'll need to buy a new gun.[laugh]

We cleared our tables with a .357 Sig and a 9mm, no problems.

Coyote Hunter;2603886 The gauntlet is thrown said:
Wow.. I seriously think that may be the new "go" command for the next race!

Also: Because I can't help myself.. for those still checking in on this post here are a couple more sneak details for the winter Hora Dolor.

There will be DIRECT HEADS UP racing. (if you want to walk or "have fun" feel free to do so!)

It will be less of a marathon, more of a sprint. So to the out of shapers - if you can run to the fridge for beer between commercials, this is right up your alley. But there will be several rounds of sprints.

There will be explosions.

Wow.. I seriously think that may be the new "go" command for the next race!

Also: Because I can't help myself.. for those still checking in on this post here are a couple more sneak details for the winter Hora Dolor.

There will be DIRECT HEADS UP racing. (if you want to walk or "have fun" feel free to do so!)

It will be less of a marathon, more of a sprint. So to the out of shapers - if you can run to the fridge for beer between commercials, this is right up your alley. But there will be several rounds of sprints.

There will be explosions.

I hope this lands on a day I can attend.

Ahhh, pain, thank you!!! [bow] Until the blessed hour, I'll just have to live with merely periodic brushing my balls over a car battery and shaving with matches.

No joke. It was rather...surprising to turn around and be confronted with that sight! [shocked]

You loved it. Adam gave me your cell number. Told me specifically you asked him to give it because you were too shy.

Yep. That's exactly what happened. Don't worry, I gave it to Seth (Luigi), since he's the pretty one.

No joke. It was rather...surprising to turn around and be confronted with that sight! [shocked]

What do you expect from men who don't get out much. As evidenced by the below,

You loved it. Adam gave me your cell number. Told me specifically you asked him to give it because you were too shy.

Yep. That's exactly what happened. Don't worry, I gave it to Seth (Luigi), since he's the pretty one.

I know where you live.

Silly man. You must have cut off some blood supply in that juniors-sized costume. There was only one being who arrived in the Acme truck who is willing to slober all over Hora Dolor-organizers. Wicked Obvious Hint...it was the short one who wasn't wearing pink.

565025_438831382830007_1106204732_n_zps75a2e86d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom