Russian .22 LR

Garys

NES Member
A co worker of mine has a sealed case of Russian made .22 ammunition that he is thinking of selling. He doesn't want to break the case open to see exactly what it is, so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows what brand it might be. I saw a picture of the case and it's wood, looks like military packaging, but has no brand name. I know that's not much to work with, but this is a pretty knowledgeable group so I thought I'd ask if anyone has any ideas.

I can try to get pictures, but that won't be for a few days.

Back when I shot .22 competitvely, a guy at our club had a ton fo russian .22. Casings were dark green if I remember right. I believe i avoided it as it was corrosive, though....

Most of the Russian .22lr is pure crap. My father bought a crate of some from Sportsmen's Guide back when they'd ship ammo here and after trying a few boxes, never shot the rest because its lousy ammo.

I don't know the real name of it but its in dark green boxes and has what looks like a chicken on it and says Junior. It also says Klimovsk stamping plant and non corrosive.

I've got bricks of it and use it as a last resort plinking supply.

I also had a ton of the junoir 22lr ammo. It came wrapped in the heavy "water proof" waxed paper type russian package. I believe my dad ordered 10k rounds way back. Not knowing any better growing up. We would just grab handfulls and go plinking. I gave about 2500 rounds to the jr program. I have about another 2k left. It all goes bang. I use it in my glenfield 22 mostly. I have seen no signs of it being corrossive. If I remember right my dad paid like 200.00 for 10k rounds 80s 90s ????

I had to check mine is yellow label brass cased. I believe this stuff was about .75 per 50. I would offer 3.50 per 500 brick. if brassed cased.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom