Rust (Steam)

DarthRevan

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just installed Rust the other night and starting to get a hang for it.

Any of you playing?

Last edited:

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I played it a bit a couple years ago. Meant to get back into it, but never got around to it. Interesting for sure.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I played for a long time, haven't in a while now. It's the kind of game where if you can't no life things and be around all the time you will just lose all your stuff to those who do.

DarthRevan

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I played for a long time, haven't in a while now. It's the kind of game where if you can't no life things and be around all the time you will just lose all your stuff to those who do.
I’ll be amazed if my hut isn’t raided since last night.

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a solo player have fun in this game or is to more crew-oriented? Tried to get into the first The Division game. Gearing up was fun, but the Darkzone end game was pointless for solo players. Unless you ran with a team, you'd just get killed immediately. I'd crew up, but I tend to play weird hours compared to most people and seldom get regular teammates.

desertr8der

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Can a solo player have fun in this game or is to more crew-oriented? Tried to get into the first The Division game. Gearing up was fun, but the Darkzone end game was pointless for solo players. Unless you ran with a team, you'd just get killed immediately. I'd crew up, but I tend to play weird hours compared to most people and seldom get regular teammates.

Solos get skunked fast. At least that was my experience.

DarthRevan

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I’ve been playing solo the last couple nights and it’s fun so long as you realize the map gets wiped every week, two weeks, or month for content updates. No way around it. That and knowing that everyone’s probably going to kill you eventually, steal all your shit, and break whatever base you make... I’ve enjoyed it.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Short answer, not really. Playing with a group is fun, and you might survive the wipe with most of your stuff intact. Playing solo you will always be getting ganged up on outside your base, and generally won't be able to farm enough stuff to make your base really strong so the groups will raid you and you will be back to square one. There are fun moments solo where you kill people, or find a clever way into someone's base to raid them. But unless you are on a solo/duo only or really small population server you will have a bad time of it. Some of those servers can be fun though as a solo, as long as admins enforce the rules.

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
When I saw it. I thought there was rusty water venting out of A steam heat system.
I can see how someone can get into games. I had my kid's birthday party a few weeks ago.
They had one of those virtual reality things. I had 40 kills the guy that ran it was pretty impressed. Said it was one of the best he's ever seen. Must be all the range time lol.
I also smoked a bunch of seven-year-olds in laser tag.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I’m sorry you out grew having fun? Lol
This, but although I enjoy gaming from time to time I find myself interested in like one or two titles a year. Maybe. Most of everything always feels like some kind of a ripoff
these days where an incomplete game is released with a bundle of DLC that never seems to even complete the game. There are exceptions like GTA5 and perhaps
others here and there, though. Part of the problem is the $$$$ people have whored out to the shitty mc shit console market, the smell of money made more people greedy, etc... and half the time, more $ gets spent on graphics vs story/gameplay. Or they half ass the game, then make it online only. Online only FPS = the reality show of gaming- basically they build a skeleton, and the users essentially create the "fun". It's like paying to get into a bar but the bar doesn't sell drinks... [rofl]

-Mike

Roland Deschain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
This, but although I enjoy gaming from time to time I find myself interested in like one or two titles a year. Maybe. Most of everything always feels like some kind of a ripoff
these days where an incomplete game is released with a bundle of DLC that never seems to even complete the game. There are exceptions like GTA5 and perhaps
others here and there, though. Part of the problem is the $$$$ people have whored out to the shitty mc shit console market, the smell of money made more people greedy, etc... and half the time, more $ gets spent on graphics vs story/gameplay. Or they half ass the game, then make it online only. Online only FPS = the reality show of gaming- basically they build a skeleton, and the users essentially create the "fun". It's like paying to get into a bar but the bar doesn't sell drinks... [rofl]

-Mike
I'm just over here waiting for Cyberpunk like a crackhead.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I'm just over here waiting for Cyberpunk like a crackhead.
Just saw the trailer, seems pretty f***ing cool, it reminds me of DX, a lot.... see, I have this problem... [rofl]

dxsteam.png

And this was a relatively short game, content wise, although because there's like 10 different ways to deal with shit, it offers a lot of replay value. Cyberpunk looks very similar in that
sense.

The first DX... I don't want to know how long I played that one, but that thing just seemed longer, but by year 2000 standards it was apically long. [rofl] I think at that time I had
run the game with a Voodoo 5500... [rofl]

-Mike

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I like gaming but find that I don’t have the time to invest in it. Between work, kid stuff, getting in a workout, stuff to do around the house, etc, I find it easier to just catch up on my DVR or movies that I missed in the theater than try to learn the controls for a game and invest enough time to where it gets interesting.

ETA I cannort for the life of me understand the fascination with watching videos of other people playing a game though. Just doesn’t compute.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's a tough game to play solo. I had played it a little bit, but I have a potato for a graphics card. I was getting 24 FPS on the high side. Waiting for cyberpunk to upgrade my graphics card.

Top Bottom