• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rusted bore on tc omega

How accurate was before
I say the deviation between eye ball and boogha hook are far worse than anything that little bit of rust .
I swear TC uses a alloy prone to rust anyway.
My 1st omega was rusty from the factory. So was the replacement…..
I have 3 tc smoke poles and have had them for many years. Never had rust on or in any of them until my current failure to clean this one.

Most of the time when I shoot them I clean them at the range before I head home I still have no idea how this one got put away dirty. They really are easy to clean I bring a tool box with all the supplies to the club. A couple wet patches through the bore (I use Birchwood Casey muzzle loader solvent) then a good reeming with the bore brush......2 or 3 more wet patches till those come out clean......then 2 or 3 dry patches to dry it out.....then a bore butter soaked patch......then I clean the breech face with hoppes and then the breech plug and it's done. 10 minutes max. Then back in the safe. I store then with the breech plugs removed.

Never had rust. They are very easy to maintain.

Last edited:
So it shoots as good as it always did. Ramming a projo is no issue either. Three rounds touching at 50 yards fist size group at 100.... I'll never take a shot at 100 where I hunt anyway well....my brother won't he's gonna be using it.....he zeroed it today and likes it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom