"Rythmic chanting" gets Groton range shut down. Why did the chicken cross the road...

GROTON -- Selectmen voted unanimously Monday night to close a controversial police shooting range for the next two weeks.

The move came after a public hearing attended by several residents living near the shooting range who have complained about excessive noise and the sounds of tramping feet and rhythmic chanting.

The shooting range is on Department of Public Works land along Cow Pond Brook Road.

Read more: http://www.nashobapublishing.com/ci_17750660?source=rss_viewed#ixzz1IHk0KcUo

GROTON -- Selectmen voted unanimously Monday night to close a controversial police shooting range for the next two weeks.

The move came after a public hearing attended by several residents living near the shooting range who have complained about excessive noise and the sounds of tramping feet and rhythmic chanting.

Goose stepping with heavy black boots, and repeating "Zig Heil", over and over?

What the residents describe as hearing sounds like riot-control training to me.

"Tramping feet" could be stomping or banging equipment to keep the formation in step and intimidate the crowd.

"Rhythmic chanting" could be the commands used (and repeated) to control the formation.

Last edited by a moderator:
i didn;t even know the cops had set up a shooting range on that road i live less than a mile from there and you can never hear shots from it

talked to a friend who talked to the police chief and he said the real reason was that the swat teams had been using it as an early morning range for firing fullauto and that the police chief wasn't happy about that

I wish there was more on the "rhythmic chanting." What is that about?

"I don't know what I've been told, ...."

"There she was just walking down the street singing doo wah diddy, ..."

Last edited:
wha...the IRS? Really?
Really.

Once upon a time, I attended the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynn County, Georgia. FLETC trains almost all federal LE agencies (of which there are dozens). Amongst the various interesting t-shirts I saw there, one was especially notable:

IRS CID
Your Worst Nightmare
An Accountant with a Badge and a Gun!​

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you're aware that BATFE is run by the IRS. The GCA of '34 is a tax act. All fed power over guns was created from the power of taxation.
ATF has been kicked back and forth between Treasury and Justice since its inception, but was a Treasury operation for the latter half of the 20th Century. With the passage of the Homeland Security Act of 2002, ATF was kicked back to Justice. Their only concern with revenue these days is finding violators and prosecuting them, or using so-called "revenue" issues like NFA tax stamps as a way to find and prosecute violations.

I wish there was more on the "rhythmic chanting." What is that about?

Oompa Loompas no doubt:

oompa+loompa+1.bmp

LOL wtf with the rythmic chanting...I really want to more about that..

The shooting range is on Department of Public Works land along Cow Pond Brook Road.

Read more: http://www.nashobapublishing.com/ci_17750660?source=rss_viewed#ixzz1IHk0KcUo

Does calling range commands constitute RYTHMIC CHANTING ??

"The move came after a public hearing attended by several residents living near the shooting range who have complained about excessive noise and the sounds of tramping feet and rhythmic chanting."

Probably riot formations practicing for the near future.[shocked][shocked][shocked]

Back
Top Bottom